Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

On topic about the arty computer, do you know you can be a spotter for Arty now? Without using any module.

Just put the arty in your group where you are the leader. In game select those arty, point it to a ground somewhere, and you should see "Fire at this Position" something like that at the quick command list on the left screen. Then they will fire at that position, 3rounds I think, then it's rounds complete. Very nice.

Unfortunately it doesnt work with AI, I tried the same with AI spectating as civilian... would be awesome if the AI can direct arty fire... Your mission, kill that spotter.

On topic about the arty computer, do you know you can be a spotter for Arty now? Without using any module.

Just put the arty in your group where you are the leader. In game select those arty, point it to a ground somewhere, and you should see "Fire at this Position" something like that at the quick command list on the left screen. Then they will fire at that position, 3rounds I think, then it's rounds complete. Very nice.

Unfortunately it doesnt work with AI, I tried the same with AI spectating as civilian... would be awesome if the AI can direct arty fire... Your mission, kill that spotter.

This also works on the map from everywhere. Although its nice, it is a bit overpowered, the rounds are way too accurate, even at large distances.

Try telling the AI in mortar to hit you while 4km away. He will kill you with one round.

I'm endeavouring to get a short video out asap, to give a short impression of the feature.

Artillery Computer - All indirect fire weapons can exploit the brand new artillery computer by selecting it in the Action Menu (default binding is the mouse wheel). The artillery computer initiates an interface where you can see your weapon, and the associated minimal and maximal ranges on the map. You may adjust your fire mode in the menu to the right and select the target area that your ordinance will strike. The display will indicate an estimated time to target; once you fire the ordinance - by clicking the 'Fire' button - the interface will track each shot. Your aim will change according to your actions once you leave the artillery computer.

I hope this helps:

X6VmEyaNVOQ

RiE

Awesome vid RoyaltyinExile ... now it's all clear ;) !!!

thankYou very much

massi

How can you set the burst rate and spread of the artillery in the artillery computer?

Now THAT was exactly what i needed in one of my missions i have been stuck with forever! Thanks :)

Has this patch fixed the body removal issue where bodies disappeared instantly, seems to still happen for me?

Ok...I checked ti vid but its not that cool...

Cant change ammo, cant command AI, cant change spread...

And Fire is grey ALL TIME...

EDIT..Ok managed to fire...BUT...All i have is FIRE AT POSTION...

Computer Bug, maybe...LOL

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Does anyone know how to disable the Artillery Computer yet?

Edited by t0m

:confused:

I've just bought the DLC but I want to install this patch first. On the download page it says "This update is for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead boxed DVD version only!"

I have CO + BAF from Sprocket....Do I have to wait for a 'Sprocket' version or am I good to go with this one?

I've just bought the DLC but I want to install this patch first. On the download page it says "This update is for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead boxed DVD version only!"

I have CO + BAF from Sprocket....Do I have to wait for a 'Sprocket' version or am I good to go with this one?

I have arma2 dvd + OA sprocket and used the patch then sprocket BAF !

Hope that helps,sure its only that patch,tis steam users that need different one?

Realy like the new artillery, but i cant get the MLRS to fire at target. I cant even use the computer for it. When i tell it to fire it says "Cannot Execut, Adjust Coordinates". I do adjust and still it will not fire. I try to use the computer for it and it will not let me use the fire button. Only thing i can use is the mortor.

Realy like the new artillery, but i cant get the MLRS to fire at target. I cant even use the computer for it. When i tell it to fire it says "Cannot Execut, Adjust Coordinates". I do adjust and still it will not fire. I try to use the computer for it and it will not let me use the fire button. Only thing i can use is the mortor.

Maybe your target is too close? There are minimum range and max range... so try to target a bit further... at the arty computer screen, zoom out the map so you can see the range circle thing. The first circle is the min range, the 2nd circle which is bigger, that is the max range

Watch for the range limits, no too far nor too close...

Yes the range is not to far or to close, i thought maybe it was the map but iv use an different map and get the same issue. I can use the mortors but thats all.

The AI is very responsive now, to the point of going from a loose staggered column in 'Aware' to running to cover (threat axis in the direction of travel) simply by changing to 'Danger'. Thoroughly enjoy watching them move from a covered fire position to another quickly enough to keep up with me, WITH A BUDDY! :D Cool beans BIS!

I dont know whats going on, i can only use the mortars. MLRS and cannon i cant use it says "Cannot Execut, Adjust Coordinates". Same thing with the computer, i put it where its to be fire but i cant use the fire button on the screen. Thinking this is an bug.

Anyway we can ask the AI to adjust firing range? short to long range. And where do you find IEDs? I can't seems to locate it in editor....

Having 1 heck of a nice time with the new arty syst and smart AI. And hooray to the mortar stryker being operational now!

Let me see that i got this right:

* Fixed: Commandline -mod behavior, active Mods list in UI, ModLauncher UI dialog with better mods detection and handling.

Now it should be possible to use the -mod parameter in the command line along with the MOD UI ingame?

It seems that the minimum range is not the same as the range shown on the map. For the MLRS for example I had to target something well outside the "small circle" (more than a kilometer away) to get it to allow me to fire. Either the interface marks minimum range wrong, or it thinks you're within the minimum range when it's actually possible to fire at that position, or I'm missing something.

I've just had another STEAM OA update - This one was 16MB (this is after the v1.54 update)

Does anyone know how to disable the Artillery Computer yet?

There should enableEngineArtillery script command (or something like that)