Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

M14 not mentioned in changelog... Please, how can this still not be fixed?!

Going to hold this download 'til I read more player comments.

Thanks to the recent PCFormat tournament, I'm a new Steam user... I haven't had any issues with it so far...

Dwarden sorted out the slight launch hiccups with the early OA on Steam, so I'm sure he'll pull it together soon enough... patience guys...

thanks for nice words

1 done

1 to go

If only this patch did totally destroy my FPS. :(

Along with the AI functionality......

If only this patch did totally destroy my FPS. :(

Along with the AI functionality......

which distribution ? what GPU ? what driver build ? what OS? and so on :eek:

same problem here, my fps went down to 12, with beta patch i had 55 fps.

I have both games on steam.

my specs are:

core i7 920 2,66

6 gb ram

gtx 295 latest drivers

windows 7 profesional 64

Possibly the patch moved things around in the HD try defraging. I use a program called Ultimate Defrag which does wonders.

thanks but i dont think it is the case here, i use a SSD for system files and steam games. Allegedly SSD doesn't need any defrag.

Possibly the patch moved things around in the HD try defraging. I use a program called Ultimate Defrag which does wonders.

Actually no. Even with the modified content of 1.54 the game runs better and smoother with the 72716 beta and no flashing white textures at all.

So it's definitely engine-related.

which distribution ? what GPU ? what driver build ? what OS? and so on :eek:

Sprocket, 4870x2, 1.54 newest driver, Windows 7...

With patch 1.52(I dont do the betas) I could run the game reasonably at 133% 3D res, now I'm just barely running it at 100% 3D res. Anything higher lags like hell!

Same problems here with the noticable stutter that was not there before and the flashing textures that I have never seen before. I did a full defrag after with O&O. Hope it gets sorted.

this is very frustrating. I have vista 64bit, a radeon 4850 latest drivers, and the rest of the crap i put in my sig, I was running at very high using 1.52 with pp off and memory set to default. I was running the game great believe it or not, no lag issues at all (didn't clock framerate). Now, my frame rate (i dont know exactly) is at like 10-15 with pp off, object detail set to low, terrain detail set to very low, aa off, af off, memory set to default everything else set to default normal. i love you, but wtf bis?

BAF Lite is designed specifically with dedicated servers in mind, 1.54 will be enough for your needs.

RiE

Thanks, I also wondered if I would need to install the full BAF to our server!

I installed the full BAF to my home pc, now our server gives me RED and "bad version, server rejected".

(tested 1.54 this morning, no issues)

If I install BAF to the server, will 1.54 user's still be able to connect?

OR...have I muffed something?

The patch install completed properly client & server side.

this is very frustrating. I have vista 64bit, a radeon 4850 latest drivers, and the rest of the crap i put in my sig, I was running at very high using 1.52 with pp off and memory set to default. I was running the game great believe it or not, no lag issues at all (didn't clock framerate). Now, my frame rate (i dont know exactly) is at like 10-15 with pp off, object detail set to low, terrain detail set to very low, aa off, af off, memory set to default everything else set to default normal. i love you, but wtf bis?

This seems to be a problem with the Radeon 4800 series, but it's too early to draw any conclusions yet..

Edit: I have a 4870X2, should I test this new patch and see what happens?

I am not sure whether this is implemented in this patch version or was earlier made, but seems wonderful that now AI drivers will make way for the vehicle behind to overtake it by moving sideway.

Great to see nice touches on AI path finding.

Just like to mentioned it here despite all the negative reports.

AI tracked vehicle path finding is also much improved but still needs a couple of little tweaks to make it better. Would be great if they would stay on the road when in safe mode when given far away waypoints.

I've got the "pulsating stutter bug" back with 1.54. It was in the release version of OA, but went away in the betas. It doesn't occur immediately, but usually after going into a multiplayer game. Then after that, I get constant stuttering no matter whether I'm in a MP server or single player. Even the menu backgrounds have the pulsating stutter after I disconnect or stop playing. I have to restart the game for it to go away, but it comes back quite quickly.

I have the Steam version btw. I don't know if it's related to Steam or fade or whatever, but none of the beta builds did this and were as smooth as silk. The settings I choose make no difference with this problem. It's weird.

Q6600 @2.4

ATI 5770 1GB

4 GB DDR2 RAM 1033 FSB

Win XP 32

I think there is error with Artillery computer and MRLS regarding range.

Range is 2 small.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8442/arma2oa2010082709534518.jpg

I run this modes, http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2787/arma2oa2010082709542844.jpg

So there is some kind of conflict, that reduces range....im going to run them one by one to see what is making error

Runing just vanilla Combined ops, everything is fine

Edited by zaira

I'm running 4870x2 and find performance is good with this patch up to 5,000 vd. Set at very high textures, low object detail, antistroph 'normal'.

Only possible differences are that I'm running without a page file, and I've turned shadows off completely. Found that any shadows setting gave me annoying stuttering. This has been a problem for ages, not just with this last patch.

Good to hear about AI entering buildings automatically, but there needs to be a hotfix for AI refusing to move after going into 'danger' awareness (and I think maybe 'stealth', too) ASAP - although it must be a busy time for Bis, what with Steam users clamouring for BAF.

ive encountered the following bugs (not sure if they are because of the BAF pack)

i have found most times static defences no longer engage the enemy when not in a group. (the odd time they seem to work)

The USMC apc wont engage enemy armor anymore

The british APCs cannon sounds are broken when your not playing as the APC. eg: being an soldier next to the apc will show this issue.

Is it just me or is the Lynx wildcat a deathtrap? The Taki's are scoring headshots with AK's and technicals whilst I'm diving on them and they seem to allways get me with a headshot........

I just noticed aswell the Hind cockpit is unarmoured as well? And in general against .50 cals it get shot down really easily.......

The warrior is uber tough that canon is demolishing everything.....

sorry ... can someone explain me how to use artillery computer please?

thanks

can someone explain me how to use artillery computer please?

I'm endeavouring to get a short video out asap, to give a short impression of the feature.

For now, in the Editor, try playing as the gunner in an artillery-configured vehicle, such as an MLRS. Use the Quick Command menu and scoll down to 'Artillery Computer', and have a fiddle about ;)

Artillery Computer - All indirect fire weapons can exploit the brand new artillery computer by selecting it in the Action Menu (default binding is the mouse wheel). The artillery computer initiates an interface where you can see your weapon, and the associated minimal and maximal ranges on the map. You may adjust your fire mode in the menu to the right and select the target area that your ordinance will strike. The display will indicate an estimated time to target; once you fire the ordinance - by clicking the 'Fire' button - the interface will track each shot. Your aim will change according to your actions once you leave the artillery computer.

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

EDITED** The patch works with fine with the Direct2Drive version.

Edited by Servoinvicem

I'm endeavouring to get a short video out asap, to give a short impression of the feature.

For now, in the Editor, try playing as the gunner in an artillery-configured vehicle, such as an MLRS. Use the Quick Command menu and scoll down to 'Artillery Computer', and have a fiddle about ;)

Artillery Computer - All indirect fire weapons can exploit the brand new artillery computer by selecting it in the Action Menu (default binding is the mouse wheel). The artillery computer initiates an interface where you can see your weapon, and the associated minimal and maximal ranges on the map. You may adjust your fire mode in the menu to the right and select the target area that your ordinance will strike. The display will indicate an estimated time to target; once you fire the ordinance - by clicking the 'Fire' button - the interface will track each shot. Your aim will change according to your actions once you leave the artillery computer.

RiE

ThankYou very much ! really appreciate ;)

cheers

massi