Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

Sry for not read the entire topic

but, its the purchease of this DLC ready on steam yet? cant find it :s

It's taking a while. Probably will not go up until they have a working 1.54 patch on Steam. So when the patch is up, so will he DLC.

Alright first spin with 1.54! (Arma-CO DVD) Verdict: Awesome!

From the new MP interfaces through the optimizations and additions, to the (low res) DLC placeholders. Awesome. A significant bit of wrenching under the hood and a bit o' polish on top.

For the people complaining about the full auto dispersion, do you have an old beta still in your commandline? I had that problem with one of the last betas, couldn't play, not so with 1.54. Very good effect, feels like you are a skilled shooter, and has just enough wander to make sure you are paying attention and keeping them on target. (used the MK-16 CQB)

Impact and explosion effects seem improved as well. Zargabad didn't stutter or bog down nearly as bad as a few betas ago (I blow the whole damn city up to test)

Very welcome set of features and tweaks BIS! Thank you.

I don't really care about the DLC, just would like to see the stupid patch to be out and download. This is what irritates me about BI on Steam and the reason I wish I never bought the game on Steam. Normally I buy the disk, but no store in my area was selling the disk, so I figured Steam would be just as good, I should have stuck with my rule of never buying a game through a direct download site.

So, with that said, any ETA on the patch? It would be nice if you guys would give us some sort of ETA on this as it is irritating seeing all the others playing the game and we can't.

If anything BI, give us a mirror to download from so we can install using it, like we used to. No offense, but BI and Steam has never worked well together on patches and getting them out on time, IF AT ALL!!! So, an ETA would be nice, thank you.

An irritated Customer.

Steam's always had the same issues, even for AAA releases. It's not entirely BIS' fault, if at all. Give it some time, it's likely it'll appear in the next 24 hours according to Marek himself. ;)

;1731500'] Normally I buy the disk' date=' but no store in my area was selling the disk, so I figured Steam would be just as good, I should have stuck with my rule of never buying a game through a direct download site.

So, with that said, any ETA on the patch? It would be nice if you guys would give us some sort of ETA on this as it is irritating seeing all the others playing the game and we can't.[/quote']

Should have researched Steam better, they SUCK with patches because of how they work. It's not BIS's fault at all. If you want to play from anywhere, Steam is where it's at. If you want to play at anytime, DVD it is...

* New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands

:yay: How long have I been waiting for this... Thank you so much! :notworthy:

if your from steam way to go... -.-

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

good god steam... why cant you guys do any thing right?

It's taking a while. Probably will not go up until they have a working 1.54 patch on Steam. So when the patch is up, so will he DLC.

thanks!

Should have researched Steam better, they SUCK with patches because of how they work. It's not BIS's fault at all. If you want to play from anywhere, Steam is where it's at. If you want to play at anytime, DVD it is...

Since then, I have bought other online games, through Steam and direct2drive and other places. Never had any problems with any other game updating through steam. Only game that has ever had any issues with updating is ArmA2 and OA. Which leaves me to believe that it is a BI issue and not so much a STeam issue.

Dwarden said Bi is working on some fixes so how it's steams fault I don't know. I know some people are just anti steam but blaming them for something none of us have any knowledge about is crazy. All I know is I have never had any problems with steam in I'm shore BI in steam are working as hard, in as fast as they can. We who have it on steam just have to be patient. It's better that it takes a little bit longer so that when we do get it there know problems

Syncing patch releases through completely different system to exactly same moment is very difficult.

Also, this is not mp only game, there is so much to do in single player and mission editor.

Nobody is preventing anyone from running the game at 1.52 on Steam...

Dwarden said Bi is working on some fixes so how it's steams fault I don't know. I know some people are just anti steam but blaming them for something none of us have any knowledge about is crazy. All I know is I have never had any problems with steam in I'm shore BI in steam are working as hard, in as fast as they can. We who have it on steam just have to be patient. It's better that it takes a little bit longer so that when we do get it there know problems

is the patch including beta improvements, maruk ?

edit:

nevermind. :)

Edited by Fox '09

Thanks to the recent PCFormat tournament, I'm a new Steam user... I haven't had any issues with it so far...

Dwarden sorted out the slight launch hiccups with the early OA on Steam, so I'm sure he'll pull it together soon enough... patience guys...

I installed the manual patch from this thread into the Steam version of the game, and Installed the Sprocket version of BAF into the game after that. Got some weird error-messages during the patching, but everything still... seems... to work, so far.

Agreed, I have never had any problems with other games or updates on steam.

STEAM Patch is downloading!! Go and restart your steam boys!

YAY!

Is that 1.7gb of download? ¬¬

STEAM Patch is downloading!! Go and restart your steam boys!

thanks for the heads up downloading now,in yes 1.7gb download

Protip: If d/l doesn't start, go to Steam tab : Change User and log yourself back in.

PS: Steam udpate is 1,733mb, so don't be in a hurry.

What a fail patch.

Horribly dropped performance. AI got even worse, How?

Ugh....Gonna have to wait till the next patch...or reinstall...