Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

The update thats available and it comes with low res textures, but essentially, it comes with the BAF, Im confused

To clafiry, essentially, patch 1.54 offers a preview version of British Armed Forces, alongside fixes, improvements and extensions detailed in the release documentation.

The patch adds BAF objects at placeholder-resolution quality - capped at 64px. For reference: the original Operation Flashpoint commonly uses 256px; Arma 2 textures are capped at 2048px. Audio is sampled to 2.2KHz; compression quality is minimal.

Fundamentally, this means they can act as proxies during multiplayer sessions, enabling a workable degree of compatibility across the community.

The official DLC provides top-spec quality textures, audio, Crimson Lance, nine standalone missions, and a showcase scenario. Furthermore, Shapur's satellite texture is provided in high-resolution quality.

RiE

edit: contrary to misleading information supplied by a dangerously misinformed and witless imbecile, Sproket BAF DLC will require that you download the patch and run the 1.54 update. BAF does not contain 1.54 data. Consult this post for further clarification.

changelog:

Version 1.52-1.54 Changelog

Engine

* New: GameSpy modhash key contains list of mods hashes and is used to check there are additional mods on server missing on client (yellow icon in UI).

* New: Mods contents hashes are compared instead of mods lists when equal mods are required on server.

* Fixed: Commandline -mod behavior, active Mods list in UI, ModLauncher UI dialog with better mods detection and handling.

* Fixed: Terrain shadows were too short (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12328)

* New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands

* Experimental: TCMalloc used as a memory allocator.

* New: Aircraft now auto-trims at high speed to prevent climbing.

* Improved: More 3D/2D resolution ratios (8:7 and 6:5) added.

* Fixed: Transport waited for dead unit to get out.

* Fixed: NV tracers visible in TI (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11608)

* Fixed: Decreased tank sliding.

* Fixed: Sonic Cracks and Tracers not working in multiplayer

* Optimized: Frame rate stutter near complex walkable objects (like low rock walls) caused by grass computations.

* Fixed: crew getting killed in vehicles driving from hill/slope

* Fixed: Audio unsupported sample frequency error

* Fixed: IRStrobe (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11852)

* Fixed: 3D editor - creating of logic center failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11876)

* Fixed: Unit in vehicle could not open gear in map.

* Fixed: client freezes when accessing ammobox (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577)

* Fixed: No volume drop on distance with weapon click, car horn and etc. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11689)

* Fixed: Dead player bodies disappeared after respawn.

* New: Repair vehicle and deactivate satchel charge action for engineer.

* Fixed: EEIncomingMissile event parameter

* New: Added scripting function disableTIEquipment.

* New: Artillery computer; Fire at position AI command; enableEngineArtillery script command

* Fixed: Surface sound in infinite terrain (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11430)

* Fixed: AI vision was not affected by light sources.

* Fixed: Birds were heard inside of a closed vehicle.

* Fixed: Scripting command isFlatEmpty did not work with non-zero third coordinate. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11704)

* Fixed: TI was red instead of B/W with some settings and graphics cards.

* Fixed: Night vision simulation was not simulating color sensitivity and blue shift in dark scenes.

* Fixed: Disabled debugging message "Added texture headers from file"

* Fixed: Av8 unable to takeoff from Chernarus NE airstrip (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3240)

* Fixed: Fog and sky colors did not match when dark.

* Fixed: Moon rotates when moving camera (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8051)

* Fixed: Stars no longer visible through terrain with low view distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8374)

* Fixed: Improved game stability with a small page file.

* Fixed: Gun recoil in ironsights view was missing kick-back (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4401)

* Fixed: possible crash after mouse click to Prev/Next button in DisplayConfigureAction

Missions

* Fixed: In E06 player should survive fall on ground without opening parachute.

* Fixed: Module Alice2 MP issues.

Data

* Fixed: Improved AI path planning and path tracking with tanks.

* Fixed: Assembling/disassembling issue with M2 minitripod and M2 machinegun.

* Fixed: Sound of silenced Mk17 CCO.

* Fixed: Mi8 and Mi17 model animations bug in ARMA2:Combined operations only.

* Fixed: Fire-geometry in all Mi8 and Mi17, crew wasn't vulnerable in some cases.

* Fixed: Get-in points for MH-6J.

* Improved: Special units in US, CZ and Germany factions can hide bodies.

* Changed: Slot size of MAAWS magazines.

* Improved: AI wasn't able to destroy static weapons in some cases.

* Fixed: Animations of US Static TOW launcher.

* Fixed: Words Sabot and M-gun in radio protocols.

* Fixed: Damage zone indicator ATRQ and MROT were exchanged in helicopter.

* Fixed: Rockets count in Mi-171Sh.

* Changed: Destruct type for market tents.

* Fixed: HEAT ammunition for T-55 and Stryker MGS.

* Fixed: Glass penetrability of Mi-171Sh.

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Here you go...

http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates/file/352-a2oa_patch_154.html?lang=en

1.54 Highlights

* Arma 2: British Armed Forces Lite - all units, vehicles and weapons from Arma 2: British Armed Forces are included in this patch with lower quality textures and audio files. The full version of Arma 2: British Armed Forces with high resolution textures and packed with a new campaign and large selection of new single player missions is available for purchase, see www.arma2.com/baf for more information about the content of Arma 2: British Armed Forces.

* Engineer - Engineers have undergone some serious training and are now capable of repairing damaged vehicles and defusing mines.

* Artillery Computer - All indirect fire weapons can exploit the brand new artillery computer by selecting it in the Action Menu (default binding is the mouse wheel). The artillery computer initiates an interface where you can see your weapon, and the associated minimal and maximal ranges on the map.

* Numerous stability and functionality fixes and improvements.

* Reworked MP Session Browser and Mission Selector.

* See readme.txt file for more information about the fixes, improvements and new features coming with Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead version 1.54

Edited by CannonousCrash

Oh so all ya get is high res textures and a new campaign and map?.

But with the pacth you still get all the models etc just at low res?.

edit I say all you get I will probably get it one day though as I want to support my life partner....yes you BIS -xx-

HAhahahahahaa

I cant beleive they have included the stuff in the patch a great way to keep th MP community together tbh.

I can see people moaning but come on its £8.00 im going to get it but not yet.

I want the new campaighn and stuff hehehehe.

Cant wait to try this patch out.

Any idea whether the BAF DLC includes the patch or will we have to download both?

Downloading now

It says the textures are not of the quality the DLC is at

So people who will install BAF after its availible in 2 hours shouldnt install this stuff right?

How low res is low res? ..... For those that didn't buy the DLC.... you guys should praise BIS for being so damn generous.... for those who paid... rejoice as we are getting an awesome experience soon!

Shapur here I come...

i shoulda listened and not bought this game on steam :(

raped with the patch, and we dont get the DLC for another 13 hours

So people who will install BAF after its availible in 2 hours shouldnt install this stuff right?

Actually I believe they should. This patch is the basis for the DLC after all, as it contains the engine upgrades required by the engineer. The DLC units will probably be added as a mod, so it will change the existing units, sort of like a sound mod changes the sounds.

Anyway, very generous of BIS to include low quality versions of the BAF for free, but I can see the shit storm coming already, by the usual ungrateful twits...

I dont know Himmel, Ive pre-ordered, but downloading anyway.

for the x amount of people who did pre-order it, i can see 90% of them having a hissy fit because they're paying for almost nothing, definately not what was listed. False advertising. Cant cancel my order, I am disappointed. Dont mind supporting BIS because arma is the only game thats kept me interested for longer than 5 minutes, but this really does feel like ive been dumped on

i was about to post the exact same question, how would 1.54 update work if i installed it and later on bought the DLC? but then this update contains other fixes!!

So...what's stopping people from just retexing the free units to be as good as the paid ones? This is kinda funny actually. I'll prolly still buy it to support BIS I think.

I dont know Himmel, Ive pre-ordered, but downloading anyway.

for the x amount of people who did pre-order it, i can see 90% of them having a hissy fit because they're paying for almost nothing, definately not what was listed. False advertising.

1) no one held a gun to your head and forced to pre-order.

2) What list? and why paying for nothing?

Lets wait for a official statement better, before reinstalling the whole CombindOps again. For me its allways the same time like format C: on my rig;)

So...what's stopping people from just retexing the free units to be as good as the paid ones? This is kinda funny actually. I'll prolly still buy it to support BIS I think.

You haven't been following the licensing discussion, have you?

1) no one held a gun to your head and forced to pre-order.

2) What list? and why paying for nothing?

true for #1.

But number2 im paying for stuff thats available for free, Which is false advertising, im really pissed off about this, Im guessing you didnt buy the pre-order

for the x amount of people who did pre-order it, i can see 90% of them having a hissy fit because they're paying for almost nothing, definately not what was listed. False advertising. Cant cancel my order, I am disappointed. Dont mind supporting BIS because arma is the only game thats kept me interested for longer than 5 minutes, but this really does feel like ive been dumped on

I guess I'm one of the 10%... I don't see your point. Throw a hissy fit all you want, I think I spent my $10 wisely and am pleased with BIS decision.

Yeah they should have said that they was planning on including the stuff for free in a pacth and I am very greatfull.

I will still purchase BAF not yet as I have no moneys any way.

BIS have all ways supported us allways OK some times they do things a little different and upset a few people but it was not that long ago some was moaning this DLC will split the MP comunity so this is probably the only way around it.

Lets just see how it goes for now I mean if the free models and textures are crap then tbh kinda fair enough it keeps us all together whice is the main point.

You lot think well you did not preorder it easy for you to say wrong I will get it.

true for #1.

But number2 im paying for stuff thats available for free, Which is false advertising, im really pissed off about this, Im guessing you didnt buy the pre-order

no sir, but i will buy it, as you can see i'm from Canada but i will still buy it, BIS is the only developer dedicated to PC, everybody else went after console shit, so i have to support them. Also why would i wanna play low texture resolution? I will stop buying coffee for a week *make my own bitter one at home* and use the money to buy this :D