Sign in to follow this  
celery

CLY Heal - a self-bandaging script

I tried the new script and it works awesome. I figured out how to remove all the options for the 2 medics in my mission since they don't need it really. Everything tested great in single player and multiplayer. But... lol, there's always a but. I then enabled ACE and it wouldn't work at all online. It works offline when I preview, but not online. I did not add any of the ACE Wounds Modules. I only added the following Modules: AI Talk, Radio Sounds, Map System, NV/TI System and ACE Required. PLEASE HELP! I really love this script and I want to keep using it. I like the ACE Wounds, but some of my friends just don't understand how to use the Ace medical stuff and instead they get confused and, they just want their 3 Bandages that your script gives them and the ability to top off their 3 bandages at a field hospital which I put in the mission.

If you mean that no actions show up, it's possible that one of the ACE modules has a habit of systematically deleting the players' actions. I don't know how to help in this though, as I don't use ACE.

Sickboy would know I bet. Looking up at his reply above mine. I feel like I would be insulting him if I asked for his help, lol. Like what am I supposed to say... "Hey Sickboy, can you help me get Celery's heal script working with ACE so my dummy friends can heal easier when they play my ACE mission? I don't wanna ask that, but anyway I put it - it will sound like that. Yeah, go ahead sui, insult the ACE team leader, make him thin that you don't like his "wounds" system. As if that's a smart idea.

I have lots of crazy actions in my mission and everything works. It's almost as if ACE detects the heal script and won't allow it. lol.

Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to ask him or see if I can find somebody on the ACE team to help me get this working. This is the only thing hanging me up right now. Everything else is done. I got 2 other missions hanging on this too. I've already removed 2 other revive scripts, and I had ACE wounds added and removed twice so far. The ACE wounds gives me "_state" errors and caused the mission to get very laggy and slow. Anyway, my friends are all like "How do I use this ACE heal stuff?" and have trouble figuring out how to heal themselves and others.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

Paging Doctor Sickboy.

Well, with no aces modules in my mission, it still won't work. I tried a other ways to get it to work and still had no luck. Again, it works great in singleplayer and also works in Multiplayer when I don't use ACE addons at all, but as soon as I enable ACE, it won't work online - with or without ACE modules in the mission. I can't PM Sickboy and ask for help because he doesn't allow users to PM him from this forum board and I couldn't find another way to get hold of him. I put norrins revive back in my mission, but with norrins revive it either offers unlimited bandages or a set amount of bandages per mission. If I could get the cly_heal.sqf to work with ACE, then I could actually disable norrins bandages and use the cly_heal.sqf bandages in conjunction with Norrin's revive, which already works great together online without ACE addons enabled. Then players could go to a field hospital and get more Norrin medpacks to revive players and also get more Celery bandages to heal themselves. In fact, Norrin should add the cly_heal.sqf script into his revive script. I think it needs it. But it's not my place to ask.

Seems strange that Norrin's revive works fine with ACE and Celery's Heal won't.

Thanks for the update, Celery!

And I personally don't mind in which language the script is written. It also did a good job in sqs.

Cheers!

I added your script to a version of domination that I was playing with (v 2.60 anniversary) and noticed that the scroll down menus of some players were affected. If you ever played Domination and you scroll down on the mouse your left side options suchs as Call Artillery, Show Stauts, Call Drop, etc where affected. In one case the player's group HUD at te bottom disappeared.

I just wanted to see if anyone came across this in the past?

Error in expression <

if (!canStand _healee) then

{

_healee setHit ["legs",CLY_healdamage];

_caller >

Error position: <setHit ["legs",CLY_healdamage];

_caller >

Error Type Any, expected Number

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\cly_heal.sqf, line 81

Error in expression <

if (!canStand _healee) then

{

_healee setHit ["legs",CLY_healdamage];

_caller >

Error position: <setHit ["legs",CLY_healdamage];

_caller >

Error Type Any, expected Number

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\cly_heal.sqf, line 81

How do you execute the script?

mission.sqm

init="heal = [this,0.2,0.15,3,true] execVM ""cly_heal.sqf"";player sethit [""legs"", 1]";
- only injured leg

problem in line - _healee setHit ["legs",CLY_healdamage];

no problems - _healee setHit ["legs",0];

Edited by VVL99

mission.sqm

- only injured leg

problem in line - _healee setHit ["legs",CLY_healdamage];

no problems - _healee setHit ["legs",0];

Thanks for the report, it was a variable type oversight on my part. :)

Script updated.

Question about the CLY Heal. I'm having some issues with BIS First Aid Modules. Does this work with the first aid modules well? I can't heal a downed soldier unless I click first aid 3 times. I also can't drag or carry wounded soldiers when I have the CLY Heal modules enabled.

Damn if I can figure this out!!! I copy paste the code in the init box of the player .. I get the ; missing error immediately.. I have placed the .SQF in the mission folder. I tried it in Chenarus and Takistan editior..

Can you tell me what I'm missing??

thanks..Bill

Does this work with the first aid modules well?

I was about to ask the same question. I'm surprised nothing has been mentioned about the two together earlier in the thread.

I use a modified version of this script in my missions. It works great. I even added a hud feature in the bottom right corner of my screen that always shows bandages remaining "Medkits: 3". The only strange bug I've encountered is the ability to bandage an enemy, heh, but it's kind of funny. I never use first aid modules, so I don't know if they would conflict with Celery's script. I do know that I have always had problems in the past when I use the first aid modules - even if I don't use any heal scripts at all. That is the main reason why I use Celery's heal script - so I don't have to use modules or rely on brainless ai medics or medics that are never around when you need one.

^^^^

Thanks A-Suicidal.

How are you calling the Heal.sqf script? Where does it go, in the player init box? Sorry to ask but again, even that is still unclear........

Well, the first page of this thread, Celery explained...

Put this in your init script:

[player,0.2,0.15,3,true] execVM "cly_heal.sqf"

He means your init.sqf file in your mission root folder. If you do not have an init.sqf file, just create one and add that line to it.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

It's important when using Celery's script that you addAction to field hospital tents and medical vehicles so you can take more bandages when needed. I know it was discussed in this thread, so if you don't know how to do that, just read through this thread thoroughly and you should find out how to do it.

Well, the first page of this thread, Celery explained...

Put this in your init script:

[player,0.2,0.15,3,true] execVM "cly_heal.sqf"

He means your init.sqf file in your mission root folder. If you do not have an init.sqf file, just create one and add that line to it.

Thanks for your reply. Seems I got it working.

I've got a Medic unit in my team, so maybe just in case, I'll leave him synched to the BIS First Aid modules. If it causes problems.........I'll remove the modules on a future update.....

Thx!!

The whole reason why I use the heal script, is so that there is no need for a medic at all. Everybody can heal themselves, but they have a set number of bandages that they can use - and when they run out, they need to get more from a field hospital or medical vehicle.

I won't use first aid modules for several reasons, for one the animations are buggy at times. Things like dragging bodies and carrying bodies is a great feature, until some smart-ass thinks it's funny to carry you on his shoulders for 20 minutes, or disconnect while you are on his shoulders and leaves you floating in mid air.

Revive scripts are great, but nobody ever seems to want to wait for a revive, they all hit the "Respawn" button the first chance they get, which really bugs me when I run 300 meters through the open, under fire, to revive somebody and they decide to hit "Respawn" the moment I am 5 feet away. That's when I get shot and I need a revive and I wind up lying there for several minutes as other players run right passed me and don't bother to revive me at all. That's when I wish there was no revive at all, besides the fact that I spend 80% of my time in the game trying to revive players instead of actually fighting the enemy. So many times I tell a friend not to revive me because there are enemy in my area, but then my friend tries to revive me anyway and gets killed and then the both of use sit there for several minutes screaming at the sky. So when it comes down to it, Celery's heal script is what I consider to be the best alternative to a revive system.

@A-SUICIDAL did you ever find what caused the ACE incompatibility? I thought about using this, but gave up when i saw that post. I now use something to make everyone heal themselves too at least walkable, this was with your help in another thread.

What i don't like about revive is that you have actually died! And then become a zombie. That makes no sense, dying is half the fun! So (in my experience) using a killed eventhandler is messed up with revive. Is this the case with CLY heal?

With CLY heal, when you die, you do not become incapacitated, but instead you are just dead and will respawn normally. CLY Heal might work with ACE wounds, but I'm almost positive that it will not work with Norrin's revive because I have tried and it didn't work. Even the most basic heal script seems to not work at all with Norrin's revive. It is possible to use all of the ACE features in a mission and leave out just the ACE wounds stuff, which I have done and I did use CLY Heal.

Is there a way to make this available only for certain units?