Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

New Beta 72863 up!

no ctd and no problem with alt-tab, have done it so many times to adjust trackir settings. I however will revert back to previous beta, tried the new beta but online play suffered great frame skipping, texture loading on building was flickering. Previous beta worked best for me.

No mods, exThreads=7 -cpuCount=2, CPU 15% overclocked.

Edited by InFireBaptize
added title

I must say it's a very good beta!

Way more stable than the other one.

Thx and continue with the great job!

Hi!

I liked the 72716 but was crashing too much! Does this 72863 has the same changes as the 72716 or a fix for it?So do i have to install the 72716 then 72863 on top of that or just the 72863 will do the job?

Tx.

Hi!

I liked the 72716 but was crashing too much! Does this 72863 has the same changes as the 72716 or a fix for it?So do i have to install the 72716 then 72863 on top of that or just the 72863 will do the job?

Tx.

Go to your install directory, and under Expansions, find the beta folder and delete it. Then install the new beta. You don't want to install them over each other.

If you want, you could also just rename the current beta folder to the version number, so you can bounce back and forth between them to see any differences.

OK, I CTDed:

I had tried different settings for PostProcess in the bootcamp area, from Normal to the lowest setting (before disabled). I was in the classic Arma2 boot camp, just having picked up the M16A4 and talking to Miles about whether I should try out the shooting range etc. Then it CTDed. The rpt-file contains this:

=====================================================================

== E:\Spil\Arma2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "E:\Spil\Arma2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/08/25 23:55:55

Current time: 2010/08/25 23:57:56

Version 1.52.72863

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Item str_disp_left listed twice

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscSplashText/

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Duplicate weapon ItemMap detected for FR_Cooper

Duplicate weapon ItemWatch detected for FR_Cooper

Duplicate weapon ItemRadio detected for FR_Cooper

Duplicate weapon ItemRadio detected for FR_Miles

Duplicate weapon ItemRadio detected for FR_Sykes

Duplicate weapon ItemRadio detected for FR_Commander

Duplicate weapon ItemRadio detected for FR_OHara

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00940FA7

Edited by Old_Painless

Played a bunch of MP missions tonight. Not a single glitch. And better yet, an old annoyance seems to have been fixed; while playing, Arma sometimes lost focus briefly, before returning to normal. Means zooming in was lost and you had to do it over again. Or how clicking in the window to activate it also caused discharge of weapon. Massive improvement, although I always thought that focus problem was related to something completely different in my system or something.

Ok, took the plunge. Visuals/performance are better. Zooming ahead is THE best it has ever been. Smooooooth. Lost 3 fps on the builtin performance test, but actual gameplay performance doesn`t reflect it. MUCH better. We gotta be getting close to a patch update... cause this beta patch is the best so far.

3rd mission in campagin (convoy), after loading autosave (first auto), every AI just stands and rotates clockwise. I can get out of abrams, but i cant move. This is when airplane gets hit autosave. And savegame was created with this patch...

Other than this everything is fine, maybe even better fps.

I was running with ace beta, and balistic calculator, and some other minor mods (warFX, Mando).

are there any server files out for the latest beta patch ?

3rd mission in campagin (convoy), after loading autosave (first auto), every AI just stands and rotates clockwise. I can get out of abrams, but i cant move. This is when airplane gets hit autosave. And savegame was created with this patch...

Other than this everything is fine, maybe even better fps.

I was running with ace beta, and balistic calculator, and some other minor mods (warFX, Mando).

Rule since very first patch ever...dont use safes after patching...start missions new.

And mods should not be used with Beta...this topic is about BETA testing not ACE or other mods testing

are there any server files out for the latest beta patch ?

They are included in every betapatch (unless u mean linux)

Texture loading and LOD changing is still lousy for me. I have to stand practically 1-2 meters from an object in order for an object to not look blurry, and the same is true for the LODs of certain types of vegetation. Running an HD 5970 with the latest 10.8 drivers.

Texture loading and LOD changing is still lousy for me. I have to stand practically 1-2 meters from an object in order for an object to not look blurry, and the same is true for the LODs of certain types of vegetation. Running an HD 5970 with the latest 10.8 drivers.

From what I've read the only Catalyst drivers that give decent OA performance with 5970 are 10.4... you might want to ask around on this though.

From what I've read the only Catalyst drivers that give decent OA performance with 5970 are 10.4... you might want to ask around on this though.
Catalyst 10.8 is working quite good for me with recent Beta, I have no issues so far.

please read what to do with crashdumps

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

or send to my email

if You want us to fix beta crashes, we need receive crashdumps

Yeah, sorry about that. It was kinda late and I thought the rpt file would be enough. The crashdump, is that the arma2OA.bidmp or the arma2OA.mdmp file?

-OP

1.54 is giving me the same no-dump-file PC lock ups that this beta was giving me. :( Never had this before...

So actually there is no way playing with NO DVD in your drive[expect you own the steam version]? cause i suffer Fps losses, im sure its also caused by securerom check...

Yeah, sorry about that. It was kinda late and I thought the rpt file would be enough. The crashdump, is that the arma2OA.bidmp or the arma2OA.mdmp file?

-OP

both dmp files are needed for proper report, ideally together with .rpt file

So actually there is no way playing with NO DVD in your drive[expect you own the steam version]? cause i suffer Fps losses, im sure its also caused by securerom check...

use then public beta build

My CO DVDs gave me the option to "one time activation" and I've never had to use the DVDs to play. I've "one time activated" a few times too during various reinstalls.

I have A2+OA combined DVD version, and update 1.54 and i play with

OUT DVD in player...

Hmm..

EDIT: See latest repl on latest Beta thread...

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Catalyst 10.8 is working quite good for me with recent Beta, I have no issues so far.

But what card are you running with it? Detail settings?

I do recall now that something changed after 10.4. It'd be nice to get this worked out so I don't have to look at crappy blurry textures and lo-res models.