Sign in to follow this  
isrkomandosh13

Admin must read this great idea...

It doesn't help you find that there are 10 other people online right now all interested in the same sort of game you are none of whom you've previously met.

So in short, you hate meeting new people? Keep Arma 2 in the OFP roots, do NOT move into the CoD age, all your posts keep pushing towards that (Polar Bear, Im watching you)...

So in short, you hate meeting new people? Keep Arma 2 in the OFP roots, do NOT move into the CoD age, all your posts keep pushing towards that (Polar Bear, Im watching you)...

Actually such a system would be a great way to meet people who share your interests. Plainly.

For the record I've never ever played CoD so you can cancel your "wah wah wah OFP didn't have it and I hate change" tune. Helping people who love ArmA find each other so they can play ArmA makes ArmA more fun, not more like CoD.

For the record I've never ever played CoD so you can cancel your "wah wah wah OFP didn't have it and I hate change" tune. Helping people who love ArmA find each other so they can play ArmA makes ArmA more fun, not more like CoD.

Xfire and steam, simple.

tyeler,look this e.g: iam playing arma 2,i see a guy,i like him beacause we for m a good team,i have no steam,he have no steam,i add him with a friend request INGAME then we are connected FOREVER,when he disconnect then reconnect i invite him to join my game.

e.g 2: i just started arma 2, i go to multiplayer screen,i am smoking and i drink a cofee,i go to chat room and talk with peoples about STRATEGY ,TACTIC,GENERAL ARMA 2 DISCUSSION,MAKE FRIENDS REQUEST ETC...

E.G 3(VERY IMPORTANT): iam totally new to arma 2,i just buyed the game and i dont know the forums etc...,i go to the chatroom for meet peoples,i try to play on a server and make friends and i learn to play with them,we play on the same server everydays now and today iam a good arma 2 player.

Admins Take care about this idea,maybe talk with BIS,Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

WHY i ask you about this idea? why arma 2 ? BEACAUSE arma 2 is a great game,new players come everydays,there a good community,peoples become EASLY AND QUICKLY friends but cant be INGAME friends etc...

Huge issue with this as it is with Relic online though:

Who is going to moderate the chat rooms? In Relic Online you cant talk to your friends in channels like "Gamereplay" becuase people spam the chat room. So who are they going to hire to sit and monitor the chat room, becuase be assured, "admin" bots do not know right from left, It wouldnt hurt to have a friend system ingame, but chat room just seems to bring people with no life and who spam.

i understand you,but arma 2 players are mature and admins can easly choose somes players as admin(old good players),

also i have another important message to admins:

WHY In multiplayers screen i see on server: player = 23/64,10/32,2/8,2/2,8/16,4/32,1/16,2/4 etc...

WHY YOU DONT block these kind of behavior for CONCENTRATE More players in EACH server?i would like to see : players : 52/64,32/32,16/32, etc... block server with less than 16 slot !

LESS SERVER AND MORE PLAYERS!!

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

WTF 200 SERVER AND ONLY 1-5 PLAYERS PER SERVER and 2-3 SERVER with 15 players and more !!!!!!!!!

understand you,but arma 2 players are mature and admins can easly choose somes players as admin(old good players),

Wow, sorry but you failed with this, I have indeed seen some of the most immature players on PvP servers......

WHY In multiplayers screen i see on server: player = 23/64,10/32,2/8,2/2,8/16,4/32,1/16,2/4 etc...

Lets you know the server is full....

LESS SERVER AND MORE PLAYERS!!

Care to explain? BIS have no control over how many servers run on the game, its a person's choice this is like saying someone should stop funding a server for a group becuase there are 40 other servers they can join.

Edited by tyler4171

ok but TRY to do something for peoples join existing server and STOP creating server with 2-8 slots for 1-2 players connected,did you understand that if everyone join an EXISTING server there will be more SERVER full? this is what we want,less server in multiplayer tab but MORE players per server and less bandwitch for bis

also sorry if you dont understand whats iam saying,sorry for my bad english

BIS should block server with 2-8 slot,and close AUTOMATICLY server with 2 or less players connected !!!

thats what i want,AUTOMATICLY SHUT DOWN SERVER WITH 2 OR LESS PLAYERS CONNECTED AFTER 20-30 MINS

now iam trying to play but I CANT, why? beacause there just 2-3 server with 20 or + players connected,iam not interressed to play on a server with 2-4 players,and these server with 20 or + are evolution(i dont like it),then i scroll down and i see poor server with 2 MAX 8 player on another mission

BIS SHOULD add 24/7 !!!! online server for each mission,e.g : one for warfare,another one for evo.Players should not depend of another peoples

Edited by isrkomandosh13

BIS should block server with 2-8 slot,and close AUTOMATICLY server with 2 or less players connected !!!

Why, these are usually people who cannot afford to purchase a server and want to play with friends, this would just be completely unfair.

no u dont understand,i mean they can join an existing server and make a fair sytem for these guys,OR make another multiplayer tabs : Friends game server List and Public server list

There a solution for everything,dont worry about these guys,and ALL 200 SERVERS WITH 2-8 slots are between friends????

DONT forget an important RULE FOR ARMA 2: MORE PLAYERS ON ONE SERVER =BETTER GAME AND MORE FUN

Edited by isrkomandosh13

ALL 200 SERVERS WITH 2-8 slots are between friends????

No, do not forget there are Co-op missions out there that only use 8 players, servers not only display the max amount of player, but the max amount a mission can support. Basically your solution is stating that anyone who cannot afford a server should be forced to join existing servers. This would eliminate testing missions that are about to be released, private warfare games, private domination games, public and private co-op games. I do completely understand you.

It's been a while since I've read something that selfish on the forums.

It's been a while since I've read something that selfish on the forums.

Good. Now go back to work and build more DM! :p

Good. Now go back to work and build more DM! :p

No. I'm working on that stupid campaign.

No. I'm working on that stupid campaign.

Road Rage campaign? Awesome! :D ;)

2 players per servers on 100-150 server = SPAMMMMMMMMMMMM AND THEY SHOULD TAKE AN ACTION

What? This makes no sense, what so ever.

if you are not ok with i say,so i respect your choice and i dont want to "fight" with you for say "u wrong" no "u wrong" etc...but iam sorry but now i post this message beacause i cant play now !!!!! why? beacause there 3 server with 20~ players per server, and they play evolution and i dont like it,all others server are private or 0 players , so i just push ALT+F4 then i say here whats i think.i like warfare mission but there just 1 server alive now and there JUST ONLY 3 players

Beauty of this game is that you can play missions with ranks, as in Evo blue, ranks in that mission are for each kill you make, and allow you more access to equipment and what not , as well as other features.

All this stuff you talk about you can script, other then the massive Online MMO type idea, if you know how to code and or script, and have an imagination which seems like you have then you can make a good mission with lots of details.

Arma2 as well as the previous games, are made for folks that like diversity,realism and the ability ot be creative when they want to be, theres really slim pickings to games that will allow you to do that, thats what the BIS series stand out more to top them all in terms of its history, and what it can do.

I believe OFP has started it all and other games that are able and capable have copied the idea or added similer ideas into their own games.

Like others have said ventrilo, teamspeak exfire ect., are all good programs to talk with freinds and buddies, if you want rank join a clan or squad, or points then go play evo blue.

ok but TRY to do something for peoples join existing server and STOP creating server with 2-8 slots for 1-2 players connected,did you understand that if everyone join an EXISTING server there will be more SERVER full? this is what we want,less server in multiplayer tab but MORE players per server and less bandwitch for bis

also sorry if you dont understand whats iam saying,sorry for my bad english

thats what i want,AUTOMATICLY SHUT DOWN SERVER WITH 2 OR LESS PLAYERS CONNECTED AFTER 20-30 MINS

now iam trying to play but I CANT, why? beacause there just 2-3 server with 20 or + players connected,iam not interressed to play on a server with 2-4 players,and these server with 20 or + are evolution(i dont like it),then i scroll down and i see poor server with 2 MAX 8 player on another mission

BIS SHOULD add 24/7 !!!! online server for each mission,e.g : one for warfare,another one for evo.Players should not depend of another peoples

Ok, you need to learn some very important things:

1) - BIS HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE SERVERS

2) - BIS does not use bandwidth, BIS provides the game, not servers or bandwidth.

3) - BIS will not create an online server for each mission, because they don't control the servers, and there are hundreds if not thousands of missions.

4) - All of the servers you see are run by different people. A bunch of them are locally run servers created for somebody to test their mission, or for them to play with their friends. Another (the biggest) bunch is run by clans, groups, realism units etc. for their members to play on, they allow public public players like you to play on them so people can learn how THEY play the game. Being able to join any server you want is not a right.

5) - People understand that if they join servers with other people they will be "more full". But what you don't understand is that maybe that person doesn't want to join that server. Maybe he has issues with that server, or maybe he just wants to play a small mission without having to worry about convincing everybody on the big server to vote for it.

This game is NOT CoD. This game is NOT CoH. This game is NOT Battlefield. This is the grandchild of the original Operation Flashpoint.

GET USED TO IT!

Well said Darkhorse 1-6

I think his idea in general is something that of an MMO,

for example I used to play WW2Online alot, and in that you have one massive and I mean massive

like all of Arma and OFP, and other islands put together in one.

But one big map and then there are multiple factions, with their own inf, and vehicles, planes, tanks ect.,

Each town is like a big cap zone, and then in between the towns either side can setup an FB or forward base

where they can spawn at, there were also mobile spawns too. The game plays out like evolution blue where

every kill you make and or cap you make earns you points, which goes to your rank, everytime you rank

you have access to more stuff, inf weapons, vehicles, planes, trains, and automobiles you get the idea.

Game also has a huge factories that supplies all the spawns for either sides, and if you destroy them then

well production has stopped, then you can cut off their supply lines at that, its a very deep and complex game but very fun.

In one way It would be an interesting idea to get on one huge world and just join one server, that runs 24/7

WW2Online already does this, you would see small to massive battles but its basically being on a virtual battlefield,

about as close as your going to get.

I do like the setup the way things are now, but this idea is interesting if you have ever played an MMO,

you really wouldn't need to have seperate severs for missions like Warfare, or others, as you could just

integrate them into one,a nd you wouldn't be playing a mission as in the game its a real world, so if you join a squad,

the squad leader setsup missions, this is what we did in WW2Online.

In reality it is a cool idea, but realitiscally it wont happen.

Your talking about alot of stuff that has to be done for one server, your talking about trying to render thousands

of miles of terrain as well as have people and vehicles and such on it all at the same time,

then you must consider the explosions, and the ballistics, ect.,

Read up on what The Devs do for WW2Online what they had to do and still do just to

make the game playable on a massive scale.

Only ideas that are worthy for this game is figuring our stuff as in addons, or mod, or some coding, and or

features that would upgrade, fix, or change the existing structure, for a better more realistic,immersive,

and fun gameplay, and theres already lots being done that is accomplishing this,

thanks to our wonderful vast community of modders.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Darkhorse I think you've correctly identified some of the hard problems to overcome, but I don't think that means we should give up. We should look for creative solutions that respect the issues you raised:

1) - BIS HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE SERVERS

2) - BIS does not use bandwidth, BIS provides the game, not servers or bandwidth.

3) - BIS will not create an online server for each mission, because they don't control the servers, and there are hundreds if not thousands of missions.

4) - All of the servers you see are run by different people....

If you take a step back, to play a game you need a few ingredients:

1. A group of people interested in playing a certain kind of game

2. A server capable of running that game

3. Everyone having all the required add-ons

4. Bringing all the above together at the same point in time

The objective would be to build a game finder that respects that and makes it easier to accomplish that.

Honestly I think that from a material point of view finding the bandwidth and finding the server is actually NOT the hard problem. If you look online in server browser there are LOTS of servers out there suitable for most kinds of games.

So I don't think that BIS would have to run any servers. I think that is a possibility if BIS wants to change their business, some other companies have chosen to go that way, but I don't think it is required. Further, it's apparent that the ArmA community highly values the freedom to run servers and mod things and so any system of central servers would be seen as a threat, and I think that should be respected too.

I think what you want is a server browser that is capable of allowing you to enter the game conditions you are looking for: Type of game, skill level, mods, etc., and displaying to you the types of games other people are looking for, until enough people come together who all want to play a certain kind of game.

At that point it would scan the list of public servers in server browser for a suitable place to play, and then simply pop up an alert to all the registered players on their computers saying basically "If you're interested, there are now X people willing to play, and server Y is available and seems suitable". It would attempt to only bring together people who have a reasonable ping to that server, for example, based on their stated ping preferences. Lots of other issues to solve, I'm only sketching the idea at a high level.

On receiving the notice that a game is now possible people could then choose to join the suggested server and play on on it just as they do now.

Now before you answer I know there are a LOT of problems to solve, and I certainly haven't solved them.

All I'm suggesting is that the topic deserves some attention and with enough smart minds it seems like we'd find a way of solving this that still respects the sort of culture that ArmA has, but results in more people playing more of the kinds of games they want.

Edited by Polar Bear

Ok, please do not use me to try and further your goals. I am against the OP. We don't need it, we have 3rd party programs that can do what is needed. Maybe an in-game buddy list could be good, but we do not need a server browser that functions like CoH. Please edit your post, I do not wish to see my words twisted to accommodate your aim.

XFire, Steam, Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrilo, Gamespy, etc. etc. etc.

Now remove any references to me, including the quote, from your post (#47) before a Moderator has to do it.

I did not "raise issues". I was stating the facts to the OP, who is an extremely ignorant person.