Sign in to follow this  
Geo1

binarize.exe problem?

Hello, what am i doing wrong, can someone help me?

i've followed the complete tutorial but when i start binPBO,

windows (7) immidiately says binarize.exe has stopped working.

There are 2 files created in the tut\addons folder and it is possible to load the mod

but when i start the 3d editor or missionwizzard it crashes with the error

"cannot load material file layers\p_000-000_100.rvmat."

Also buldozer doesnt show any menu items.. i can hover through the map, but when i just press all keys on the keyboard

(U,I,J,K have visible effect on the level) but when i get in some sort of menu (F1), there are textboxes without text when i click one i get following error

"No entry 'bin\configt.cpp/RscDisplayConfigure/controls/ControlsPage.arrowEmpty'."

please help me to get this to work.

No sure about you first problem, not enough info

But for your second problem, I have to ask, why do you want Buldozer menus?

I've never used them myself in 5 years of mod'ing.

And yes, mine look just as you described.

you clicked something and some action appeared

i wanted to test thermal maps in Buldozer, i clicked like it was told in internet... it activated some fuctions that caused need of reinstal tools

so i know what you mean, you clicked something and it cannot be unclicked

yesterday i reinstalled tools after clicking "alt + n" when i wanted to test thermal maps

Gnat;1727212']No sure about you first problem' date=' not enough info

But for your second problem, I have to ask, why do you want Buldozer menus?

I've never used them myself in 5 years of mod'ing.

And yes, mine look just as you described.[/quote']

What would you like to know for the first problem?

The second thing: If i find a menu, i would like to know what the menu and options are about..

you clicked something and some action appeared

i wanted to test thermal maps in Buldozer, i clicked like it was told in internet... it activated some fuctions that caused need of reinstal tools

so i know what you mean, you clicked something and it cannot be unclicked

yesterday i reinstalled tools after clicking "alt + n" when i wanted to test thermal maps

thermal preview apparently only works with VBS bulldozer :(

Please?

No-one here whit the answer?

I've followed the tutorial exactly and precisely so it should work

but still it fails..

I think the main problem is binarize.exe failing..

The log-file after BINpbo

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by p:\tut\ca\buildings2\ca\buildings2\A_GENERALSTORE_01\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by p:\tut\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by p:\tut\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Ruins/

Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by p:\tut\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/

<world = "p:\tut\tut_samplemap\TUT_SampleMap.wrp">

Cannot open object ca\plants2\clutter\c_autumn_flowers.p3d

Usage

FileBank {options} source [source]

source may be directory name or log file name (.log)

Options:

-encrypt encryption_name password_file

-property name=value Store a named property

-exclude filename List of patterns which should not be included in the pbo file

Make sure you've unzipped your plants2 PBOs into P:\ca\plants2\bush, P:\ca\plants2\clutter, etc., not P:\ca\plants2_bush, P:\ca\plants2_clutter, etc.

plants2 is split up into several PBOs but they are all the same "virtual directory" and need to be unzipped as mentioned in the tutorials, or you will get the kind of problem that's showing up in your log file.

That's all I can tell from your log file, there might be other problems that aren't immediately obvious.

i've got the following directories filled with p3d files:

P:\CA\plants2\Bush\ca\plants2\bush

P:\CA\plants2\Clutter\ca\plants2\clutter

P:\CA\plants2\Tree\ca\plants2\tree

P:\CA\plants2\buildings2\ca\buildings2

I do think the buildings2 is in the wrong place.. but i just followed the tutorial

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

WHOHOOOOO

I just thought doh.. why not.. and replaced all the files from the duplicate mapnames forward (so i placed the files from P:\CA\plants2\Bush\ca\plants2\bush

to P:\CA\plants2\Bush\) And now BINpbo is working.. (at least no error within a couple of seconds, its still working..)

Think you've stumbled on the answer yourself Geo1... your P:\CA folder needs sorting out... I haven't read it in a while, but I'm pretty sure the tutorials do cover this properly... reading right thru the tutorial discussion thread itself, as well as the actual tutorial, is handy too, since anyone who has hassles with the tut tends to whine there first (I did it myself when I was starting out ;)), so theres lots of relevant Q & A on tutorial basics... I explained the CA folder concept in that thread a while back... as I seem to be doing increasingly often - I'll just quote myself rather than type it all again...

Think of this CA folder as an unpacked version of the whole game which the island tool - Visitor - can draw its objects from... First though, you have to fill it up...

This IS a tricky bit - but it only needs done once... you need to set up that unpacked build environment by pulling .pbo's from the main game - unpacking them with the DEpbo tool you finally got working earlier, and stashing them in here in the correct order and structure...

Alliex's Tutorial will get you through this tricky and picky stage...

The overall concept is that you build a Virtual island, on this Virtual drive, using objects from a Virtual unpacked Arma2... then, when you finally binarise your island and dump it into the real game - it looks along all those virtual paths for stuff - and finds them - in the real game, and your island works...

Think of the P:\CA folder as Arma2 itself - in unpacked form... the layout and structure of CA HAS to correspond with the layout and structure of the real game, or Visitor will be drawing objects from one directory in your "P drive build environment", but failing to find them when trying to run in the "real game environment"...

It's easy to tell where Arma 2 thinks stuff should be... as you unpack each game .pbo - eg: buildings2 - you'll find a $PBOPREFIX$ file... read this in notepad, you'll see that it reads "ca\buildings2"... so thats where you put the contents of the "buildings2" folder on your P:\ drive....

You do this for ALL the relevant game assets...

A couple of them are slightly confusing - like plants... As cctoide mentions...

In all cases - go by what that $PBOPREFIX$ file says... plants2_Bush, plants2_Tree, plants2_Clutter, etc - their $PBOPREFIX$'s all say "ca\Plants2", so thats where they all go - each in their own folder...

P:\CA\plants2\Tree

P:\CA\plants2\Bush

...etc etc

Don't despair - you only need to sweat over this once - get it all set up properly - get that sample tutorial island binarizing properly - then you know you're good to go - and you can move on to the creative, fun stuff!...

This is why actually doing the tutorial is so important - not just reading it - doing the whole damned thing, step-by-step... not only does it force you to grasp some fundamental concepts, but to get the tutorial successfully completed, you have to get your build environment right, or it just won't work... Once you've successfully done it - you're completely prepared to make your own stuff...

Problems arise when people read, but skip the tutorial, and just wade in... they hit hassles, and they don't know whether its down to their custom config, their non-standard island size, their custom clutter... when actually the problem was they haven't even installed the basics yet!

Think of the tutorial as a necessary rite of passage - if you get it done and working, not only do you qualify as "knowing how to make basic terrains", but - most importantly - you also have a functional Build Environment all set up with which to do it... after that, the only limits are your imagination, and the Game Engine ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

And just when you get things to work.. your pc fails..

had to send memory back to the supplier because its broken.