Sign in to follow this  

Another school shooting

17-year old killed teacher in Bosnia.

Reuters article

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SARAJEVO, Bosnia (Reuters) - In Europe's second school shooting in four days, a Bosnian Serb high school student shot one teacher and wounded another Monday before turning the gun on himself, police said.

The shooting followed a school massacre in a German school on Friday when a former pupil gunned down 16 teachers and pupils before killing himself.

The 17-year-old Bosnian killed a history teacher with a 7.65mm firearm in front of the school in the eastern town Vlasenica with a shot to the head. He then walked into a classroom and shot and wounded a mathematics teacher, police said.

"He approached the professor who was standing outside the school and shot him in the head," duty police officer Rodoljub Vidakovic from the nearby town of Zvornik told Reuters by telephone.

He said he could not give more details about the incident and the possible motive, saying an investigation was underway.

Vidakovic said the Bosnian student, whom he identified as Dragoslav Petkovic, shot himself in the head and died. He said the mathematics teacher, Saveta Mojsilovic, suffered neck injuries but her life was not in danger.

"She suffered surface injuries to the right side of her neck but her life is not in danger," he said, naming the teacher who was shot dead as Stanimir Reljic.

<span id='postcolor'>

i think those who do such a thing have troubles with or without computer games, it seems to me now that its going to be a " novelty " to go in shoot up a school and worst of all they kill themselves leaving all the world to guess and speculate why they do such a thing.

Hey, I've got an idea, instead of letting the media invent it's own scapegoat for this shooting, lets use the media as the scapegoat: this kid was probably immitating the shooting in Germany, so it's the media's fault for reporting it!

Just an idea. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 29 2002,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, I've got an idea, instead of letting the media invent it's own scapegoat for this shooting, lets use the media as the scapegoat: this kid was probably immitating the shooting in Germany, so it's the media's fault for reporting it!

Just an idea.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ April 28 2002,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think those who do such a thing have troubles with or without computer games, it seems to me now that its going to be a " novelty " to go in shoot up a school  and worst of all they kill themselves leaving all the world to guess and speculate why they do such a thing.<span id='postcolor'>

your probably pretty damn close to the mark with that, sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 29 2002,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, I've got an idea, instead of letting the media invent it's own scapegoat for this shooting, lets use the media as the scapegoat: this kid was probably immitating the shooting in Germany, so it's the media's fault for reporting it!

Just an idea.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The reason why the kids do this is because they are not mentally stable. The idea of how the perform the killings come from a number of factors, I think. Among them are of course inspiration from previous incidents, movies, games. They get means to do it because by easy access to guns. In this case it should have not been too hard since there are many guns still floating around from the war.

That's not a school shooting,you gotta atleast kill 5 and wound like 20 people to be called a school shooting.

I see american culture growing though. smile.gif

--edit,that was just someone fighting with his teacher,and he took it too far.That's a everyday thing in america,it probably don't happen at school,but it does happen everyday.Like a boyfriend gets upset at his girlfriend,he shoots her ,then shoot his self,or wife and husband,other and other.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 29 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's not a school shooting,you gotta atleast kill 5 and wound like 20 people to be called a school shooting.<span id='postcolor'>

Well perhaps not by american standards, but by European standards, yes. It is interesting to compare the news reporting. There is nothing on CNN's site, while it is on the front pages of all major Swedish newspapers:

bosnia2.jpg

bosnia1.jpg

bosnia3.jpg

We are not quite used to people getting killed in schools.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see american culture growing though.

<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif

In these grim days of shooting things, shooting more things, George, Osama and stuff the only choice is probably to shoot yourself.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 29 2002,21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 29 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's not a school shooting,you gotta atleast kill 5 and wound like 20 people to be called a school shooting.<span id='postcolor'>

Well perhaps not by american standards, but by European standards, yes. It is interesting to compare the news reporting. There is nothing on CNN's site, while it is on the front pages of all major Swedish newspapers:

We are not quite used to people getting killed in schools.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see american culture growing though.

<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well don't feel bad,it gotta have a high body count or it's nothing.

like the one in florida,this mother shot her twin sons(they are like 4 years old) in the head with a .22 rifle i think,i didn't hear anything about it on cnn,or foxnews.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 29 2002,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe Australia holds the dubious record for a spree-shooter - 35 dead at Port Arthur...<span id='postcolor'>

How did that shooting spree happen ? How could he kill soo many without the cops being there ?

i really think this has gotten out of hand,i personally have no sympathy for the idiots that do these kinda things cuzz most of the time, its the excuse that is most commonly used "they were making fun of me so i shot them" if you think your man enough to bring a weapon into school and ruin your life with such a stupid act, at least be human about your action and accept you punishment and not turn coward and shoot yourself

You can read about it here.

I guess Australian authorities just weren't ready for something like this...especially since it happened in Tasmania (our backwater island state)... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They get means to do it because by easy access to guns. <span id='postcolor'>

Here we go again, don't start with me Denoir! biggrin.giftounge.gif

Like you said though, guns would probably be easy to get in a war torn country like Bosnia so laws wouldn't really have a factor in the matter in this stage of the game for Bosnia.

Tyler

Well we all die someday, they are just speeding it up.

In a few billion years everyone on the Earth will be wiped out so why bother?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ April 29 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They get means to do it because by easy access to guns. <span id='postcolor'>

Here we go again, don't start with me Denoir!  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Didn't you give up and surrender yesterday? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Like you said though, guns would probably be easy to get in a war torn country like Bosnia so laws wouldn't really have a factor in the matter in this stage of the game for Bosnia.<span id='postcolor'>

No, but the number of guns are getting fewer and fewer. In a couple of years it will be down to normal European levels. The gun situation in Bosnia, or any other country that has been in a war recently cannot be compared to the US.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ April 29 2002,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well we all die someday, they are just speeding it up.

In a few billion years everyone on the Earth will be wiped out so why bother?<span id='postcolor'>

You seem to be very cheerful today.

Why should I be cheerful when people just shoot each other?

These times don't have much to be cheerful for, except if those shooting guys change their guns to books.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Didn't you give up and surrender yesterday?<span id='postcolor'>

What gave you that impression? biggrin.gif