Sign in to follow this  
[lol]clan killer bee

Chopper Ai stays on the spot

I have been 2 days busy to try to fix this.

I placed a empty chopper in AO, i put in a soldier on the map and hooked to the solider a waypoint where the chopper has to go, the chopper has a name heli1 and put the chopper on flight.

The pilot I placed on the map and put in

this movecargodriver heli1

For some reason the chopper stays where he is and doesn't move to the waypoint.

All the setting there are but the chopper stayed put.

This happens also when you edit a chopper instand with Ai in there !

Do you change the chopper to a SU or a kind of plain it goes straight to the waypoint !

Anyone any idea how to fix this problem ?

Thank you @!

P.s this is making me bonkers !

There's no such command as

this movecargodriver heli1

it's either

this moveindriver heli1

for the pilot

and

this moveincargo heli1

for passengers

Sorry it is later overhere on the moment.

I got them all in the chopper.

Accept the pilot is in the chopper with this command = this moveindriver heli1

that is all coverd they all in the chopper is in the air problem is he doesn't go to the waypoint that is linked with F2 to the pilot.

When the pilot is not loaded in the chopper he runs to the waypoint.

Do I take a chopper with already a AI, the same problem.

You change the chopper to the ofspray or how it is called it, it moves to the waypoint.

Thanks for the reply though !:bounce3:

It works fine for me and he moves to the waypoint.

Make sure the waypoint is far enough away from the chopper, less than 100 meters or they won't bother moving to it.

[LOL]clan Killer Bee,

Not being mean, but you made me laugh. :) (But, then, you have LOL in your name.) ... OK... is this right? You want:

empty helo (flying)

put pilot in helo

pilot to pick up troop ?

Is that it? Is this suppose to be a pickup and return? Pick up, then insertion? Evac? What are you trying to accomplish?

[LOL] Clan Killer:

I have the same problem, I was making a movie and the choppers dont move while all the fixed wing and MV-22 aircraft go straight where they are told to.

I just deleted the choppers, fortunately I had that luxury.

[LOL]clan Killer Bee,

Not being mean, but you made me laugh. :) (But, then, you have LOL in your name.) ... OK... is this right? You want:

empty helo (flying)

put pilot in helo

pilot to pick up troop ?

Is that it? Is this suppose to be a pickup and return? Pick up, then insertion? Evac? What are you trying to accomplish?

Almost Cyop,

the troops are already in the chopper I used the moveincargo

that all work

It is just the pilot (moveindriver) that get loaded in the empty chopper that doesn't want to go to the waypoint that it is assigned too.

If i don't load the pilot into the chopper ( keeping him on the ground ) he runs straight to the waypoint.

If I load the pilot on the chopper and change the chopper to a plain it goes right to the waypoint.

The weir thing is that I made accactly the same on the same island as a demo mission and it worked.

I also tried to copy the the working combination from the demo mission to the mission i'm building now and than it get stucked again hovering to the same spot.

I tried also the

heli1 setvelocity [20,0,0];

but that makes him move but than just keeping going north and wobbely at the start.

It seems that is in some kind away in a static mode ?

I hope I give some more info.

was a little pissed last night being busy with it for 3 days :mad: and it was late last night :P

By the way also If I put a AI chopper straight in ( without the empty chopper and moveindriver command and added pilot ) it get stucked also on the waypoint ?

Looks more like a error in the choppers !

i could use the movein option but i don't want that as i want it also in the intromovie.

Than the pilot has to get in first than starts the chopper than he needs to take off, takes to much time.

Different speeds in the waypoints and settings still don't work or make it move.

Like I said it looks more like a bug in the addon.

I hope they can solve it in a futher patch or something this is very annoying !:mad:

I hope when I'm awake I make more sense and my english is a little bit better !

I hope !:D

Thanks you !

P.S Still confused why it sometimes do work and mostly not ?

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Hmm this is weird also.

I just got it to move from static after I got the waypoint closer but he than didn't move to the second waypoin keep static at the 2de waypoint !

Ps> I jus got it to move a little after I got the waypoint closser but than he doesn't go to the second waypoint.

just a question, are you placing the chopper outside of the map grid? There are some issues with that eg. not moving when it should.

Just got an idea, not sure if it will help but have you used

this assignasdriver

as the AI might not recognize it's pilot untill you tell it....

No I don't put it outside the grid.

What I just noticed ,I was trying agian.

That when I got the first 2 waypoints togheter it start moving it kindda hopped from waypoint 1 than kindda hopped again thn went straight to the rest of the waypoints.

I moved it a little and it stopped again.

Seem so me more now like a problem with the waypoints.

This is also strange.

When I set waypoint s like a triangle or sqare or any type but waypoins are close togheter is seems they want to shortcut it.

So make for example a run for a drop and make the chopper run back where it casme from ( or close ) so waypoint 1 and tha last are close it goes straight to the nearest and doesn't even go to waypoint 2 !

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Just got an idea, not sure if it will help but have you used

this assignasdriver

as the AI might not recognize it's pilot untill you tell it....

Nope I was in the chopper only the pilot was not there, we went down and went up in smoke ! :eek::D

Edited by [LOL]clan Killer Bee

There seem to still be some unresolved bugs in this game.

As an example, yesterday I was making a scene with a lot of people in it, and recording using camera.sqs. When I would zoom in with the camera a certain amount, some people would randomly fall down dead. If I left the camera zoomed out, everyone was fine.

It happened over and over again, and also if I took the camera over a certain height, a few members of the crowd would suddenly die.

It was very strange.

Twilight zone in Arma II

Hmm I just tired it on the island zargabad and there it all works fine. :j:

On desert and Takistan it has problems !:eek:

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

There seem to still be some unresolved bugs in this game.

As an example, yesterday I was making a scene with a lot of people in it, and recording using camera.sqs. When I would zoom in with the camera a certain amount, some people would randomly fall down dead. If I left the camera zoomed out, everyone was fine.

It happened over and over again, and also if I took the camera over a certain height, a few members of the crowd would suddenly die.

It was very strange.

Twilight zone in Arma II

Sounds more Twilight on certain islands !:butbut:

If you can upload a demo of the heli problem I'll take a look, I've never had this problem and can't re-crate it.

Edited by F2k Sel

Here is the test mission !

http://rapidshare.com/files/414607912/Test_mission_chopper_waypoint.Takistan.zip

Thinkk it can be d/l 10x or you know a better program :j:

Drop in missions in ArmA 2 Other Profiles\player\missions

Thank you !

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Hmm I changed the chopper to a c130 and he flies but he goes to the first waypoint and takes than off to the North.

Taken a look and got the same results as you, I then just move the whole thing nearer the centre of the map and it works every time.

As mentioned by Nicolai your off the actual grid, Why they made huge laggy maps that you can't use is annoying.

Does ik also go from the middle to the end right of does that end also in disaster ?

Weird though as you don't load up the soldier it does follow the waypoints would make sense as it didn't follow the waypoints but that is the weird thing it does :rolleyes::j:

twilightzone.gif

It seems to just stop at at the last waypoint within the central area and will not proceed to waypoints beyond that point.

SOLVEDI hope!

Okay I tried and looks it is gonna work.

You have be in the middle of most of the middle of the map to start.

i have put the triggers of the Grid of where I had them before ( chopper loads and starts in the middle of the map ) and it follows the waypoints.

That also would give a answer to the fact it wanted to take off to the north.

That is the middle of the map.

I gonna do some more testing tonight and let you know ! :yay:

Thanks to all who helped sofar I appreciate it ! 2 thumbs up guys !

[LOL]clan Killer Bee, I made something for you yesterday. Sorry I did not post it for you sooner.

If you want the helo flying at start, just set it to fly, and move in the pilot and player.

Anyway, when I read your thread, I was not sure what you were doing, so I threw this together.

EDIT: (I tried your mission.) [LOL]clan Killer Bee, you are not going to get it to start from where you placed the helo. The game world has 'boundaries'. You are out of them, apparently. Now, you can keep it far out if you move it higher. If you want it way far out (for some reason), just play around with the start spot, to see where it will move from. I got it to start from way far out, I just moved it higher. But, yes, as mentioned, you are 'off the grid'.

Edited by CyOp