Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Post Apocalypse Units

This addon needs Combined Ops (ArmA2&OA)

So, here's my take on post-apocalyptic units. These guys can be found under independent -> Post APC - Commoners -> Units. Groups can be found under Ice - Post Acalypse.

They were loosely inspired by the Terminator Salvation resistance and my own imagination.

UPDATE 11.05.11:

I stopped working on this project for some time when I couldn't get the vehicles to work properly, which dropped by motivation pretty much back then.

This may have been partially influenced by the fact that there was no ArmA2 vehicle sample model released in 2 years which would have aided in adding working damage rvmats/wheels.

For my stuff not to vanish I put the MLODs into the Orphaned Project Thread, if other people want to pick it up, you can find it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1917064&postcount=20

I've also added a link to the latest binarized version including the vehicles and new characters. Note you'll encounter error messages, errors etc. as this (was) a WIP version. I ask news sites to not overwrite this release with the 1.02 version, but put the 1.03b release into a new entry.

Screenshots

(click)

arma2oa2010-10-2721-52-33-91_s.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/arma2oa2010-08-2200-56-12-74.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/arma2oa2010-08-2200-58-39-19.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/bla212/arma2oa2010-08-2200-57-27-37.jpg

Download 1.02 - Updated -

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1525

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11841

http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=2565

Download 1.03b - Unfinished, includes vehicles and new units -

http://www.mediafire.com/?iz59bbgi62zbchk

Thanks for the mirrors :)

Changelog

V 1.03b - 05/11/11

============

- added new Faction on east side (Scavangers) with 2 new unit models

- added post-apocalyptic vehicles to the Ind. side

V 1.02 - 10/27/10

============

- added backpacks as equipable OA backpacks (thanks to StalkerGB for tut)

- added new Teamleader model using Johnys SF model/ArmA1 SF

- added rusty, used M4A1, M16A2 and M136

- M4A1 and M16A2 use flashlights

- new icons for the backpacks, weapons and magazine (2x duct taped Stanag ammo)

- some stuff I don't remember :p

1.01b - 08/22/10

============

- fixed crash when creating groups with the pre-defined ones

- fixed small shadow artifact on the hat units

- fixed launcher proxy

Credits

BIS - ArmA1 mlods, zombie textures

Johannes - backpacks and some pouches used, officer model

Icewindo

GSC Gameworld - Hoods

This package may be improved in the future, if I do that, some plans:

- add more (vest) variations

- add opfor/blufor units

- add used, rusty weapons

- improve/add more beards

Edited by Icewindo

This my friend, is incredibly. GREAT work!

Gonna add zombies to the pack or mutants as well as some vehicles and/or an island.

Units look really cool so far though!

Gonna add zombies to the pack or mutants as well as some vehicles and/or an island.

Units look really cool so far though!

Nah he should add some Terminators since they look like the human resistance fighters from Terminator Salvation.

You should add some "bling-bling" and stuff sounds to match those backpacks\equipments :p

Pretty cool..

Nah he should add some Terminators since they look like the human resistance fighters from Terminator Salvation.

Able to withstand an LGB!

Awesome. I like them really much. Gives some nice ideas for some nice missions ;)

Some nice weapons with more "Apocalypse" style maybe^^

Thanks for this,

Jarhead

Thanks guys :) , yep I remember that terminator addon. It shouldn't be hard to port if the author is still active.

I also released a small update of errors that slipped through (see first post):

1.01 - 08/22/10

- fixed crash when creating groups with the pre-defined ones

- fixed small shadow artifact on the hat units

For the OpFor would be nice, when they have to fight against a big enemy, like Guerillia vs. EDF in Red Faction (just for Example of course)

Terminator don't fits to the BIS work Its would be not possible to really do this i think. A terminator dying on one shoot? I dont think so, and the animations for the terminator don't fits aniway. Just my Opnion.

For the enemy something with an Urban camoflage or something, modern arme things...

Jarhead

@LordJarhead, theres already a Terminator addon for ArmA 1. If the author is still around, Icewindo could possibly port it.

@LordJarhead, theres already a Terminator addon for ArmA 1. If the author is still around, Icewindo could possibly port it.

Of course he could... but this would be... well, lets say i dont like it, just my opinion.

Imagine a Terminator jumping, Running and crawling around^^

Well, you could port them so they would be as Vehicles in the game. That would be easier. THan you could add an Terminator Animation (slow moving) and they would having an Armor too. So they wouldn't die by one hit. (So you have to fight them with an RPG or something, that rules mate!)

Yah, that would working maybe. Adding some laserguns too^^

Hahaha, Arma2 Terminator 4 mod. I would download it as fast as possible^^

Jarhead

Of course he could... but this would be... well, lets say i dont like it, just my opinion.

Imagine a Terminator jumping, Running and crawling around^^

Well, you could port them so they would be as Vehicles in the game. That would be easier. THan you could add an Terminator Animation (slow moving) and they would having an Armor too. So they wouldn't die by one hit. (So you have to fight them with an RPG or something, that rules mate!)

Yah, that would working maybe. Adding some laserguns too^^

Hahaha, Arma2 Terminator 4 mod. I would download it as fast as possible^^

Jarhead

You can replace and edit the speed of all animations and apply custom animation sets for custom units. I did that when I was working on reducing the speed for my crusader units. Also compare to Charons work on the undead mod where animations where replaced (e.g. running animation with the "zombie walk").

For the terminators, we would need to replace the running animating with the walking animation and maybe speed it up a little, then replace all prone/crouch animations with the walking animations, but abit slower.

That is a omgwtf work though if you're not that much into coding (I get headaches from that stuff), as there's dozens of animations you would need to change. But it's very possible to do this.

As for armor, you can add armor to infantry units, too. You can also add different impact sounds by altering the fire geometry, this way the Terminators will play metallic sounds when hit, I did that when I updated the Jaffa Units for the Stargate Mod. They'll still bleed though, which can't be changed afaik. Creating them as vehicles would be too much work, I think.

Edited by Icewindo

Like i sayd, Guerillia against something like a big Army.

Ok, up in the end its your Mod and you have to know what you doing with this. I can only say, this is awesome work. Thanks!

Jarhead

Ice dude you should totally make a Terminator addon pack to go with this.

Forget the terminator. These guys need some vehicles! Some really old beat up cars and trucks like what was gonna be in the post apocalypse mod.

Some old Trucks with MG`s on the her Back. Some old Buggy's or Jeeps. Old rusty Planes like an already destroyed but rebuild A10 or an old UH1 with M60 on it. ^^

Some old Trucks with MG`s on the her Back. Some old Buggy's or Jeeps. Old rusty Planes like an already destroyed but rebuild A10 or an old UH1 with M60 on it. ^^

+1! That would be AWESOME!

Yeah, old rusty trucks and pickups would be awesome.

I really get The Road-vibes from this, I like it very very much!