Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

Call Of Namalsk - SP Mini-Campaign

After i did that and got the next mission, find a cache? it wasnt to clear which way i should go... i know you can pull up a waypoint but i liked the idea of a compass bearing like in the first task, head south, i dont think i saw one in the notes/tasks?

It looks like i have not make this clear enough... :)

After warming-up at the campfire you found a journal in this camp (maybe you remember the self-talk and the hints ?).

The task just says "Find gear", but you dont know where to go until you read the journal you have found.

This is the tutorial hint you have seen:

Journals

You have found a journal.

Journals of other persons are very important. You should always read them because they are full of hints and informations. It can happen that you get a new task assigned simultaneously. Then you usually have to read the journal you just found to get more informations about the current task.

Journals are found automatically.

All you need to do is to move close to spots where you would expect them and wait a few seconds.

Ahh... ok ill remember that for next time, i kinda off have a editor test mission mentality and run around quickly checking things out as opposed to playing... its a hard habit to break.

Kind off off topic: Thats a nice night time effect, the immediate area around you luminates enough to not fall of cliffs, while you can just make out the outlines of trees in the distance.

Ahh... ok ill remember that for next time, i kinda off have a editor test mission mentality and run around quickly checking things out as opposed to playing... its a hard habit to break.

I have reworked the task/journal system. It now should be much more intuitive !

I also fixed some bugs and added new things to the first mission.

After a final test i will realase the "final" version of it, so you all can play it.

But as always, feedback and bug reports are very welcome ! :)

Hi Wiggum. I had a play with the mod last night and it is very impressive. Great eerie mood, visuals and music. A really excellent example of reinventing Arma.

The only slight problems are with some of the slightly Germanic English in the hints and dialogue (eg "Welcome at Namalsk" where it should be "Welcome to Namalsk". I'm more than happy to help you correct them if you'd like.

The only slight problems are with some of the slightly Germanic English in the hints and dialogue (eg "Welcome at Namalsk" where it should be "Welcome to Namalsk". I'm more than happy to help you correct them if you'd like.

"Welcome at Namalsk" Somehow i like it like that style better, makes me feel i am someplace foreign :D

"Welcome at Namalsk" Somehow i like it like that style better, makes me feel i am someplace foreign :D

:)

Otherwise running around in the cold and rain you might think you were still in NZ..

:)

Otherwise running around in the cold and rain you might think you were still in NZ..

Lolz... Edit: you'd be surprised about how much this map reminds me of home! :D

Lolz... Edit: you'd be surprised about how much this map reminds me of home! :D

Not really - they're both beautiful.

Excellent mission wiggum very impressive, I don't usually play these zombie type missions in arma but I'm a fan of your work so I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did it was awesome. I'm looking forward to the rest of the missions come out. Buy the way I don't think you should sell yourself short and call this a "mini" campaign, When people put as much effort into their missions as you and That Guy do its a question of quality over quantity.. as a fellow mission maker I know how much time energy and creativity it takes to create missions.

Now for some feedback to hopefully lend a hand in this awesome campaign.

Pros-

* Atmosphere is terrific great use of fog and with no moonlight, the extra darkness works very well together with the music and Ambient sounds.

* Story seems very well thought out and it's genuinely intriguing

* Self healing is a feature I have always liked, (especially in missions when your alone)

*Zombie dogs, and humans were awesome and not over he top.

*Enemy numbers were spot on, giving me a chance to soak up the atmosphere with enough action to keep me from getting bored.

Suggestions -

* the pp filter you have used was a little too green for my personal taste maybe toning it down would still give that "cold" effect without being so rich.

* some of the notes had some grammatical errors (understandable of course if English isn't you're first language) perhaps I could help proof read you're content and help with the translation to English? PM me if you would like my help.

Looking forward to the "Full Campaign ;) " to be released and any other ones you might be working on. I hope you find the feedback useful.

Excellent mission wiggum very impressive, I don't usually play these zombie type missions in arma but I'm a fan of your work so I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did it was awesome. I'm looking forward to the rest of the missions come out. Buy the way I don't think you should sell yourself short and call this a "mini" campaign, When people put as much effort into their missions as you and That Guy do its a question of quality over quantity.. as a fellow mission maker I know how much time energy and creativity it takes to create missions.

Now for some feedback to hopefully lend a hand in this awesome campaign.

Pros-

* Atmosphere is terrific great use of fog and with no moonlight, the extra darkness works very well together with the music and Ambient sounds.

* Story seems very well thought out and it's genuinely intriguing

* Self healing is a feature I have always liked, (especially in missions when your alone)

*Zombie dogs, and humans were awesome and not over he top.

*Enemy numbers were spot on, giving me a chance to soak up the atmosphere with enough action to keep me from getting bored.

Suggestions -

* the pp filter you have used was a little too green for my personal taste maybe toning it down would still give that "cold" effect without being so rich.

* some of the notes had some grammatical errors (understandable of course if English isn't you're first language) perhaps I could help proof read you're content and help with the translation to English? PM me if you would like my help.

Looking forward to the "Full Campaign ;) " to be released and any other ones you might be working on. I hope you find the feedback useful.

With a write up like that I need to try this campaign!! Not tonight though as I am getting seriously drunk!! :yay::yay:

Thanks for the Feedback guys ! :thumb:

Special thanks to Vicarious for his comprehensive Feedback.

• Grammatical errors:

Yes, something where i need help. I can imagine some things sound kind of funny to nativ english speakers..

So if you find anything just send me a PM and i will fix it !

• Light Effects:

I have done much testing here. I wanted a green light but i think Vicarious is right and i should toning it down a bit (make it less green).

@ All:

The campaign is far away from being completed. I just started working on mission 2 (there will be 4 or 5 missions) so it will maybe be December until i will release the v1.0 of the campaign.

Edited by Wiggum

Ok guys, here is the v1.0 of the first mission for you !

• Redone voice-acting
  • New journal/task system
  • Adjusted light and color effects
  • Added intro text
  • Added some gear that can be found
  • Added more ambient-music (from EW campaign)
  • Corrected grammar in the hints (thanks to Vicarious)
  • Fixed save/reload issue
  • Fixed some small bugs

DOWNLOAD NOW!

And please dont forget to still give me feedback, despite i call this v1.0 !

Ok, what am I doing wrong? When I launch the mission (by picking Call of Namalsk - Frozen from my Single Player missions), I wind up in the water. I swim south for a long time but no land. Previously in the thread it was mentioned to load the mission in the editor and Preview it, but the editor does not list any Namalsk missions.

Ok, what am I doing wrong? When I launch the mission (by picking Call of Namalsk - Frozen from my Single Player missions), I wind up in the water. I swim south for a long time but no land. Previously in the thread it was mentioned to load the mission in the editor and Preview it, but the editor does not list any Namalsk missions.

No, you have done everything right but i think you maybe use a old version of the Namalsk Island (that could be the reason why you start in the water).

Please download v1.10 + the Hotfix here and try again:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87834

No luck I'm afraid. I downloaded 1.10 and the hotfix, downloaded the Frozen mission again, still start in the water. I do get an error message when I play the mission, it says "missions\__cur_sp.namalsk (...and a long path...): Vehicle class TK_Soldier_EP1 no longer exists." Then I'm in the water.

No luck I'm afraid. I downloaded 1.10 and the hotfix, downloaded the Frozen mission again, still start in the water. I do get an error message when I play the mission, it says "missions\__cur_sp.namalsk (...and a long path...): Vehicle class TK_Soldier_EP1 no longer exists." Then I'm in the water.

are you using ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead? because TK_Soldier_EP1 is a class name of some takistani soldier

Looks like you dont have OA which is needed to play this campaign.

To play the campaign you will need Arma 2 - Combined Operations and the only required addon will be the Namalsk island.

Combined Operations is ArmA2 + OA.

This is much too scary for the likes of me, have to pause and take a breather every few steps. I suppose that makes it great on the horror side :D

Ok guys, here is the v1.0 of the first mission for you !

• Redone voice-acting
  • New journal/task system
  • Adjusted light and color effects
  • Added intro text
  • Added some gear that can be found
  • Added more ambient-music (from EW campaign)
  • Corrected grammar in the hints (thanks to Vicarious)
  • Fixed save/reload issue
  • Fixed some small bugs

DOWNLOAD NOW!

And please dont forget to still give me feedback, despite i call this v1.0 !

Sounds great Wiggum, and I'd love to try it except the download link does not seem to work.

Download link works for me, I've downloaded it twice today.

Wiggum, I think you've got a great start for a mission. I like the atmosphere and even though I don't usually play with music, the music is great. Now I'm looking forward to mission 2 with more action.

Sounds great Wiggum, and I'd love to try it except the download link does not seem to work.

Mhh, it got downloaded 18 times through that link so there should be no problem with it. Maybe try other Browser options or something.

@ Psycho78

Thanks for feedback !

Wiggum question for you mate:

When I get to the first house I see a message "Opfor have surrenderd...". Then a dog come up to me and I can interrogate it, is this correct??

Cheers

Dale

Wiggum question for you mate:

When I get to the first house I see a message "Opfor have surrenderd...". Then a dog come up to me and I can interrogate it, is this correct??

Cheers

Dale

Hi dale0404,

No, this is totally incorrect...

There should never ever be such a message like "Opfor have surrenderd..." in this mission. And for sure you cant interrogate a dog... :icon_wink:

Did you use any mods like SLX or ACE ?

Yep, I am using GL4 and zeus AI. Just tried it again and alll seems to be working fine.

Another question:

How long do you have to stay at the fire for to warm up?