Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

Call Of Namalsk - SP Mini-Campaign

Still no news from Wiggum? I wonder if it would be possible to at least see the beta work so far, maybe I could finish it up?

Hi,

i really already forgot that i was once working on this.

I remember i stopped because i felt that my scripting skills were not good enough to deliver a good campaign (or a campaign i would like to play)...

Also i dont think such a campaign can work without some good voice acting. I was not able to get someone for the voices and doing them alone is (was) impossible for me.

Now i think i was able to improve my scripting skills and also many other people have released great scripts that would fit well into the campaign.

So, without promising anything, i may start working on it again some time soon. ;)

I wonder if it would be possible to at least see the beta work so far, maybe I could finish it up?

Not much to show, nothing you could use in any way.

The second mission was basicly finished but i forgot to backup it and lost the files...i not even have the tutorial mission anymore.

Hi Wiggum!

Good to hear you're still around! I just thought that that first mission had such a wonderful *feel* to it, that I really thought you were on to something.

I think a lot thought the same (just read back all the posts concerning your one little mission there :D).

If you need it you can get your 1st released mission through your second link here:

http://www.filefront.com/17268105/Frozen_BETA.zip

Funny that you provided that because some guy had problems downloading your first link, and now it's the only one still up!

I really hope you'll get back to it, and if you need help, inspiration, or just feedback let me know. Not that I know anything about scripting :(

I agree. Revive this badboy, do your scripting magic, I can help you with voices if you need, upload, VIOLA!

I agree. Revive this badboy, do your scripting magic, I can help you with voices if you need, upload, VIOLA!

Actually i dont need chinese voices... :p

The problem is to give each mission this special touch to make it to something special. I have to use a map already done, units already done and are limited by the ArmA engine and of course my scripting skills.

But lets see, maybe i will first create a updated version of the tutorial mission...

Perfect, just start with that! I'd be happy to walk it through again in an updated mission. I just played through the first beta again last evening and it was wonderful. I really love the background, this semi-alcoholic, old desillusioned vet that somehow ends up in that situation. And risking his life for a bottle of vodka! Lovable, who wouldn't do that :p

By the way, if you need help with spelling and grammar just pass it on. There some small errors (I know, I know, it's a beta...)

Edit:

By the way, I think Arma has possibilities in itself. As you already did, there are some ok types in the Guerillas faction (guy with cowboy hat) and the insurgents as well. It is fine to keep it fairly low key, and I think you managed that perfectly in the first mission. I know that it has to evolve, but that should be possible along the same track.

Edited by malkekoen

Looks like you've got a big fan base for this project, Wiggum, and with all the support available there should be no excuses! :p