Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

Call Of Namalsk - SP Mini-Campaign

Yep, I am using GL4 and zeus AI. Just tried it again and alll seems to be working fine.

Ok, good that it is working now for you. :)

Did you read the hint that says:

"Stay close to the campfire and remember it takes some time to warm up"

After 10-15 sec there will be a task complete message. ;)

Mhh, it got downloaded 18 times through that link so there should be no problem with it. Maybe try other Browser options or something.

@ Psycho78

Thanks for feedback !

Turned off my proxy and it worked. Downloading now, and I'll let you know how I go.

As much as I really want to try this mission out, it just won't download. I click the link and it INSTANTLY gives me a 404 :(

Hello.

I just tried your mission and I think it's great.

-Voice acting is actually quite good (not normal in community missions, or even commercial games).

-Ambience is spot on, I really want more

-Number of enemies is perfect

-Love the healing system (making the game playable)

-Fantastic that you resist the temptation to add tons of addons, just keep it simple!

-I love the down to earth approach on mission making. Logical survival goals: Get warm, get some Vodka.

It's great that you're doing this, it's very different and it's good. I'm amazed at what the Arma engine is capable of! Feels like a new game.

Things I think you should be aware of when making more missions:

-Be careful not to overdo the ambience thing. People might get enough of always too dark, rainy environments. I don't say you should let the sun shine for the rest of the campaign, just make a few breaks (bleak daylight, still foggy and mysterious).

-Build on the campaign. Don't continue to annoy the player with simple tasks, like get that, go there. It works great now, but move on. But be careful not to abandon the down-to-earth survival feel.

Good luck!

Hello.

Things I think you should be aware of when making more missions:

-Be careful not to overdo the ambience thing. People might get enough of always too dark, rainy environments. I don't say you should let the sun shine for the rest of the campaign, just make a few breaks (bleak daylight, still foggy and mysterious).

-Build on the campaign. Don't continue to annoy the player with simple tasks, like get that, go there. It works great now, but move on. But be careful not to abandon the down-to-earth survival feel.

Good luck!

no need to worry about that. we got that covered ;)

@ malkekoen

Thanks for the feedback ! :thumb:

And dont worry, like That guy said we try to make is as varied as possible.

@ malkekoen

Thanks for the feedback ! :thumb:

And dont worry, like That guy said we try to make is as varied as possible.

I'm sure you will, with that kind of attention to detail and excellent setup there's no doubt you guys got talent.

Keep up the good work!

The release of the campaign will be delayed.

Currently i have no time to work on it because i just have to much stuff to do in real life... ;)

Any news on this! Hope you guys haven't lost the spirits; I just retried your "demo" mission 1 and it's awsome.

Any news on this! Hope you guys haven't lost the spirits; I just retried your "demo" mission 1 and it's awsome.

Currently i dont work on this project but i will start again in a few weeks. :)

And i have already some new cool ideas for this...

If you want something horror-style to play then you should try this too:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1779653&postcount=1

I certainly have not lost my spirit. but, since i only write, and help plan story elements, i cant do much until wiggum has some more free time to work with actual scripting and to direct my efforts :)

Dont worry

I certainly have not lost my spirit. but, since i only write, and help plan story elements, i cant do much until wiggum has some more free time to work with actual scripting and to direct my efforts :)

Dont worry

Remember, for this kind of campaign the story is maybe the most important part... :rthumb:

I don't doubt it. Glad to hear you're still in business. Tried your Simple Zombie mission and it's fun, but what turns me on is the story driven play. So in the long run i'd always prefer something like Call Of Namalsk, and then again, Namalsk is such a cool island.

I have some news for you all !

It looks that i will have enough free time for the next two weeks to maybe finish the campaign by 12. November 2010.

Lets see if this will work.

I will have to rework mission 1 a bit because some style changes. All in all i think there will be 4 missions, maybe 5 but dont expect them to be much longer then the first one.

Some impressions from mission 2 and 3 of the campaign.

arma2oa2010-11-0322-00mso9.jpg arma2oa2010-11-0322-05mpw6.jpg

arma2oa2010-11-0322-032s9d.jpg arma2oa2010-11-0322-049r2y.jpg

@Wiggum i thought you said no more addons than namalsk? o.O

... :p

a thing that you could use is the desert mercs & blackops guys, b/c the pack got some nice gasmasks ect ;)

PS.

gonna try this :D

I know i have said this but i will use Schnapsdrosels "Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps" Addons too.

So there will be two addons requiered for this campaign which is still ok i hope.

Edited by Wiggum

I know i have said this but i will use Schnapsdrosels "Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps" Addons too.

So there will be two addons requiered for this campaign which is still ok i hope.

well i dont care i play with them 24/7 ^^

Looking forward to this campaign. Namalsk really deserves more campaigns and missions.

Looking forward to this campaign. Namalsk really deserves more campaigns and missions.

THAT'S FOR SURE! +1 mate ;)

I'm still looking for a BE or Oden Warfare on Namalsk using KuiK's Winter Camo Pack. Namalsk is a great looking island and deserves more missions & campaigns.

Anyway..i really liked the "atmosphere" of 1st (tutorial) mission.

I really understand that you don't have much 'free' time-to work in more than

(4-5 missions you said?)..but..plz..do the best you can afford for us eeh??

;D

i haven't heard from wiggum in quite a while. :(

I do hope that he can find some time and (maybe?) motivation to work on this.