Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Persistent 1

PMC Persistent 1 v0.3.2 Multiplayer mission for ArmA 2 Combined Operations.

COOP mission for 32 players, base respawn.

You play as US Army soldiers fighting against Takistani Army and militia forces in Takistani terrain.

This is extremely long mission and therefore is not for everyone, it will take several hours to complete this mission. There is two random objectives created on mission start, these must be completed and enough enemy KIA's achieved to complete this mission. There is friendly AI forces and helicopters on the scenario so you are not alone and you must watch your fire to avoid friendly casualties.

See PMC Tactical Official Release Topic for details.

Download from PMC Tactical ArmA 2 Missions page and please read PMC Addons/Mods Online Manuals: PMC Persistent 1 for details.

Edited by Snake Man

was fun testing this, i hope you guys like it as much as we do :)

Its very easy i had 100 kills on my own before i got bored, cleared the 1st 2 objectives in a tank in about 5 minutes.

Idea for the mission is good but after clearing the objectives it gets a bit boring flying /driving around looking for things to kill. Also AI in it hinder rather than help you would imagine it would be a long time before you got 1400 kills.

Maybe add in more objectives to keep people wanting to play it more. It could be a very good mission.

This is very long mission. There is two random objectives created on mission start, these must be completed and 1400 enemy KIA's achieved to complete this mission.

Erm.. ok...! What? Over 9000 (kills)!

Its very easy i had 100 kills on my own before i got bored, cleared the 1st 2 objectives in a tank in about 5 minutes.

Idea for the mission is good but after clearing the objectives it gets a bit boring flying /driving around looking for things to kill. Also AI in it hinder rather than help you would imagine it would be a long time before you got 1400 kills.

Maybe add in more objectives to keep people wanting to play it more. It could be a very good mission.

what he said ...

Wow guys, I had expected 0 feedback so I'm amazed of so many replies. Thanks for each and every one of you taking the time to post (and I even got one private message).

Yes my initial first post was bit misleading on couple of things, I've now updated it and here is what I changed:

This is extremely long mission and therefore is not for everyone, it will take several hours to complete this mission.

This mission requires Dedicated Server, the two objectives will not show up as tasks on Hosted server. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we develop and play on dedicated server and at this time adding support for hosted servers is not withing our scope.

Other than that, if any of you have seen PMC missions/projects since OFP 2001 release you know that our missions are always... well not strange, but different. For example this free-roam type of dozens of minutes of boredom and few seconds of horror type game play. To me its very fulfilling to hunt down and sometimes even getting bit frustrated not to see any enemies is "dozens of minutes" and then bump into enemy all of the sudden. Absolutely I agree that this is not the game play style for most people, sometimes even I don't want to run around long time without action.

Just a side note, I have fast paced action mission coming soon/next where the average mission duration is about 20-30min and I guarantee you to be killed several times (depending on your skill of course) and to achieve several kills :D

But speaking of PMC Persistent 1 mission, I could of course increase the amount of objectives and decrease the amount of victory condition (1400 OPFOR KIAs), but dunno really about the balance, if you guys want to suggest some numbers I'm all ears?

Thanks for everyone who has posted, you have no idea how valuable those posts have been :)

Just an idea, but cant you put in the needed kills as parameter? 500-800-1200-1400-1600? Something along that line?

and here is what I changed:

so the mission is updated?

But speaking of PMC Persistent 1 mission, I could of course increase the amount of objectives and decrease the amount of victory condition (1400 OPFOR KIAs), but dunno really about the balance, if you guys want to suggest some numbers I'm all ears?

more objectives with more enemys on it (played yesterday > used Apache,gone for obj1,found 2 enemy squads,fired some FFARs,done - same on obj2)

i only encountered enemy infantry,no tanks,no air,nothing at all and searching valley for valley is entertaining for 1h or so,but if it continues like that it gets a pain to keep your motivation (see Zothen´s suggestion as possible fix)

Just an idea, but cant you put in the needed kills as parameter? 500-800-1200-1400-1600? Something along that line?

very good suggestion

Edited by TheScar
grammar mistakes

PMC Persistent 1 v0.3.2 has been released!

First post updated, enjoy.