Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

cB Multiplayer Call Support

Download:

http://creobellum.org/node/170

Addons:

None

Summary:

This mission is to demonstrate the use of multiplayer compatible Call Support functionality. You can direct any AI unit(s), who will mount up, move to, and dismount, to any location on the map.

Usage:

Drop an unit or group and provide a name e.g. for a repair truck, REPAIR.

To initialise the code and action item for team leaders, add the following to your INIT.SQF file.

Code:

f_initCallSupport = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "crB_scripts\crB_initCallSupport.sqf";
[player, REPAIR, "Repair Truck"] call f_initCallSupport;

setGroupIconsVisible [true, false]; // this line is optional but useful in tracking where the units are on the map.

Parameters:

player - applies to all players loading the mission

REPAIR - this is the AI unit name

"Repair Truck" - a description used to identify the unit

Created by:

(AEF)Wolffy.au [CTB]

Visit us a http://creoBellum.org

Change Log:

v0.2 - Initial release

TODO:

- override the menu Call Support option if possible (if you know how, please let me know)

- add support for helo's (I already have the code for this, just need to integrate it)

Hey mate..... VERY useful!

I found that the Refuel truck had an extra rifleman following it (must have got out at one stage)

I found that the Refuel truck had an extra rifleman following it (must have got out at one stage)

In the demo, I've added a Rifleman to every vehicle, who should mount and dismount when the vehicle moves.

Maybe the mount/dismount code is broken - if you can PM how to replicate the fault, I'll see what I can do.

Cheers mate I'll try it again.

In the meantime I'm trying to put this script into gonza and L'Etrangers VTS as I think it would be great. I'm having some problems however. Does AMBO, REPAIR and REFUEL vehicles need to created at mission start or can they be created 'on the fly' as VTS can do (of course I name them AMBO etc) ?

You'll need to modify the crB_initCallSupport.sqf so that it doesn't add an action to the TL's. That script will initialise all the code, and then all you have to do is run the crB_callSupport.sqf command as found in the addAction command to call in a dynamically created vehicle.

Have implemented the STATIC support now. Working on the dynamic.

Great work mate.

Nice job. Good to hear your add helo support cause currently if you change a vehicle to a helo it wont land. stays hovering 10 ft off the ground.