Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

Squint - the sqf editor and error-checker

Avast! 8 is RTM and officially being released within 24 hours ...

watch http://www.avast.com/get/b2ZjiF0Z it will be soon there (atm the RTM is at forums, but last day update might happen, some minor issues with IE10 bonus security)

the whole backend (cloud services, streaming updates, analysis farms with CPUGPU etc) undergo major upgrades and shuffle

the detection mechanism, sandboxing, behavior is rapidly and radically improved

false positive might happen but be aware the Avast! team (located in CZECH, Prague) worked very hard for past year to make the system way robust than ever

(so far the tests are sometimes outstanding that it was able find 10s pieces of malware minutes after that ones were compiled and published to 'wild')

definitely consult with Avast! team (you can submit the files from v7/v8 interface)

Edited by Dwarden

no what I mean it's possible these issues are related to the updates/changes in detections ... (more sensitive) ... let's wait on what avast team answers

Got version 8 of Avast just now. It's still reporting squint as malware. :(

It's been done a number of times. I've whitelisted squint to get it working.

As proud as I am of squint...

And we are proud of Squint too Mac - its still the best IDE for checking over SQF. Would love to see either yourself Mac pick it back up again, or someone else pickup the reins for it!

Long live Squint! :)

Let's see what the arma3 alpha looks like ... ;-)

I'm not entirely sure avast is what's causing this, since I can't even run the setup file, it just gives me an error saying it can't find the files it needs to run the installation... and avast never gives me any warnings

Would also love to see you pick the reins back up for this great tool, mac. I can definitely say that this tool is a cornerstone of everything I create for Arma2 and (if supported/updated) will be in Arma3. Just tried Notepad++ and ... hmmmmm... I hope you pick it back up. :)

It looks damn sexy to me, Mac. Now, press on with Squint for Arma3. :) I know I'm not alone when I say we'd love you to do this!

oh please oh please oh please! :D

There's a little problem:

In my Squint, when i use my italian keyboard, if i use ALTGR++ (for make "]" ) and ALTGR+Shift++ (for make "}") the editor only zoom the code, and not insert the characters..

I know if there was a 'donate' button on the squint homepage, I'd use it. This application has saved me HOURS.

So I am trying to get the items specifically the THOR III into the LEA interface and keep recieving an error when analyzing the .pbo.

here is the armaholic download link http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=22277&n=last#bottom please pm me for anymore information needed.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Check out: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128696-LEA-Loadout-Editor-For-ArmA-2-Combined-Operations-and-ACE-2&p=2397623&viewfull=1#post2397623 ;)

Squint is number one for Arma scripting. Is it possible to fork this project? Or do you have the code anywhere puplic? Would be nice to help improve this Editor.

Yeah, I miss the easy error checking ability of this program. But I've been using Sublime Text 2 and Poseidon and that works great!

yeah I use them too, maybe some time someone will get board and make a new/edit a sqf editor like this one... some things still work, but its tricky...