Sign in to follow this  
tyler4171

Help with Back Pack Bomb

Im attemtping to add an action to a player so when he picks up a pack, it adds the action to detonate the pack with a 5 second delay. Thanks for help in advanced

Like a suicide bomb?

The way I've done it (or done something similar) is:

- get the model you want to use as the pack and config it to init with the addaction of "pick up pack bomb"

- have that action point to a script that deletes the pack and adds the action to detonate it, or drop it, if that's what you want

- have the detonate/drop action point to a script that either explodes (can spawn a bomb/grenade at the location) or drop the pack (createVehicle the pack at the unit's location) and sets the timer before the explosion.

Is that what you had in mind?

Is that what you had in mind?

Perfect, yes it is! Thank but where do I begin ;)

hehe

Ooof. :) Depends on a bunch of things. First, are you placing the pack in the editor, or spawning it, or do you want a custom pack with the action?

Have you any experience with using addAction commands?

I still say it's a hell of a lot easier using a Satchel Charge when you're looking for the exact functionality of a Satchel Charge. :) :p

But if you insist on making your life difficult, take a look at my Collect Evidence demo. It has a world object with an addAction and stuff.

Heya kyl! That's the first time I've checked out your site - VERY nice!

But, yeah.... this is one of those it-is-harder-than-it-sounds kind of requests. ;)

Don't get discouraged, though, tyler - it is do-able, and it will be a good way to get hooked on scripting. ;)

I just wanted to comment also that Kylania's site is super cool/nice. :)

it does not function like a satchel, the person will still be wearing it (i hope) and as for the pack it will one of the stock models (Czech vest pouch). I am familiar with addaction though ;)

What kind of character were you wanting to pick this up? Seems Civilians can't pick up that backpack if that was your intention. Can't even use addBackpack to give him one...

Edited by kylania