Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo Blue and Hohei

-Psycho-;1751081']can someone pick up all bugs to an to-do list? this will help me to rework the scripts faster.

Careful what you wish for, Psycho... ;)

- reduce fog to 0.01 (fog effect is undesirable and removing the fog lines from the mission.sqm breaks the parameters menu)

- put the A-10s, Harriers and F-35's outside in a row along the apron and get rid of the hangars. In the Harrier/F-35 hangar, the planes get tangled up together by AI pilots, and even human players may find it tight to get out of, OR

- add another hangar to split up the Harriars and F-35s and turn the hangars so that the planes exit out onto the apron rather than the rough infield. It would avoid the bumpy ride getting out of the hangar and it may be causing problems for the AI as I can't seem to get them to drive a plane out of that hangar.

- add "try getting in as gunner first, then exit and re-enter as pilot" to the hint for reloading/refueling helicopters.

- Not getting any ground enemies at Nagara with either Takistan 51 version.

- When AI recruits spawn with a parachute, they floats down to the ground and when the parachute disappears, the AI unit warps to the player's location rather then staying where it landed and then running over to the player. Checked this behaviour against GITS Evolution and found that it

doesn't happen this way - the unit lands, parachute disappears, unit remains where it landed and then runs over to the player. If this was an attempt to solve the "AI units dying when they land bug", it isn't necessary as this bug was fixed by BIS a few patches ago. Have a look at the GITS code and see if you can use it instead.

- the "no counterattacks" option doesn't seem to be working. Even when selected in the Parameters menu, OPFOR still attacks player's base.

- player destroyed a Taki Army BTR60 with a MAAW, got a negative score and was bananafoned. Maybe the local commander was in the BTR60 (i.e. player inadvertently broke the rules of engagement). If local commander gets into vehicles, there should be a way of identifying those vehicles as HQ vehicles (i.e containing the local commander). We would also need a way to capture the vehicle or, at least, force him vacate it so we can capture him.

- The parameters in mission setup allow 5 levels of "Grass" detail - this makes the same changes as "Terrain Detail" in the T-menu under Options? Two problems:

1. There are only 3 Terrain Detail level settings in Options - Low Medium and High. Maybe this should be 5 like in the Grass parameters (No Grass, Default MP, Default SP, More, Max) and name them the same? (p.s. GITS Evolution does allow 5 Terrain Detail level settings, but they are not named the same as in the Parameters)

2. The setting for Terrain Detail in the T-menu is not persistent. When you enter options, it defaults to Low. If you change it to Medium or High, and try to go to another category (say "Recruitment") it returns to Low. The only way to make it stick on a higher selected Terrain Detail level is make it the last thing you do before clicking on OK to exit the T-menu. When you return to the T-menu, it then defaults to the Options page and the Terrain Detail reverts to Low again. You then have to do what you want (recruit, call support, etc.) then go back to Options and reset the Terrain Detail level, if you want something other than Low, before exiting the T-menu.

- The enemy air cover is brutal. Two suggestions:

1. Increase the sleep time in the scripts creating these units and/or reduce numbers of enemy air being spawned.

2. Add manned and self-repairing/respawning AA pods in the base (to at least try to keep them away from this part of the map - have a look at GITS Evolution where this is implemented).

- "Save Loadout" options is greyed out, even though it can be selected. Should it be in green?

- the tower in Rasman wouldn't go down even after a total of 11 satchels

- it doesn't seem you can unlock newer weapons as you rank up. Either everything is available from the beginning or it's not.

- new feature requested: player ability to drop specific members of AI recruit squad (like in Arma 1 Evo)

- player thinks there's a bug with Blue GS. They were able to repeatedly use the GS without delay. The ENpdf states that it's on a timer, like for example, the tomahawk. Also, are enemy able to shoot this down or damage it? It's ridiculously overpowered, lol. (RazorCH response, "No...isnt a bug. Just not implemented for now.....the time stop like in Tomahawk. And....YES its overpowered yet ^^."

- error message the first time player hits the T key, "variable "displayvendor" does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace"

- When rejoining a persistent server, the player score is kept but not the points earned to 'buy' resources.

- In parameters "Start_at_Town" fails, always gets the same city on the map, Nagara (note: it seems that some or all of the changes made in the Parameters menu are not passed to the game - only the default values are passed)

- In the version tcb_hohei_evo_v1_27_oa an error in the radio tower of the first city, can not be destroyed with satchel loads.

Now, someone owes me a beer! :rolleyes:

ok, here are the result.

color and their acceptions:

green - fixed / done

grey - not reproduceable bug / not changed

red - not fixed

- reduce fog to 0.01 (fog effect is undesirable and removing the fog lines from the mission.sqm breaks the parameters menu)

- put the A-10s, Harriers and F-35's outside in a row along the apron and get rid of the hangars. In the Harrier/F-35 hangar, the planes get tangled up together by AI pilots, and even human players may find it tight to get out of, OR

- add another hangar to split up the Harriars and F-35s and turn the hangars so that the planes exit out onto the apron rather than the rough infield. It would avoid the bumpy ride getting out of the hangar and it may be causing problems for the AI as I can't seem to get them to drive a plane out of that hangar.

- add "try getting in as gunner first, then exit and re-enter as pilot" to the hint for reloading/refueling helicopters.

- When AI recruits spawn with a parachute, they floats down to the ground and when the parachute disappears, the AI unit warps to the player's location rather then staying where it landed and then running over to the player. Checked this behaviour against GITS Evolution and found that it

doesn't happen this way - the unit lands, parachute disappears, unit remains where it landed and then runs over to the player. If this was an attempt to solve the "AI units dying when they land bug", it isn't necessary as this bug was fixed by BIS a few patches ago. Have a look at the GITS code and see if you can use it instead.

- the "no counterattacks" option doesn't seem to be working. Even when selected in the Parameters menu, OPFOR still attacks player's base.

- player destroyed a Taki Army BTR60 with a MAAW, got a negative score and was bananafoned. Maybe the local commander was in the BTR60 (i.e. player inadvertently broke the rules of engagement). If local commander gets into vehicles, there should be a way of identifying those vehicles as HQ vehicles (i.e containing the local commander). We would also need a way to capture the vehicle or, at least, force him vacate it so we can capture him.

- The parameters in mission setup allow 5 levels of "Grass" detail - this makes the same changes as "Terrain Detail" in the T-menu under Options? Two problems:

1. There are only 3 Terrain Detail level settings in Options - Low Medium and High. Maybe this should be 5 like in the Grass parameters (No Grass, Default MP, Default SP, More, Max) and name them the same? (p.s. GITS Evolution does allow 5 Terrain Detail level settings, but they are not named the same as in the Parameters)

2. The setting for Terrain Detail in the T-menu is not persistent. When you enter options, it defaults to Low. If you change it to Medium or High, and try to go to another category (say "Recruitment") it returns to Low. The only way to make it stick on a higher selected Terrain Detail level is make it the last thing you do before clicking on OK to exit the T-menu. When you return to the T-menu, it then defaults to the Options page and the Terrain Detail reverts to Low again. You then have to do what you want (recruit, call support, etc.) then go back to Options and reset the Terrain Detail level, if you want something other than Low, before exiting the T-menu.

- The enemy air cover is brutal. Two suggestions:

1. Increase the sleep time in the scripts creating these units and/or reduce numbers of enemy air being spawned.

2. Add manned and self-repairing/respawning AA pods in the base (to at least try to keep them away from this part of the map - have a look at GITS Evolution where this is implemented).

- "Save Loadout" options is greyed out, even though it can be selected. Should it be in green?

- the tower in Rasman wouldn't go down even after a total of 11 satchels

- it doesn't seem you can unlock newer weapons as you rank up. Either everything is available from the beginning or it's not.

- new feature requested: player ability to drop specific members of AI recruit squad (like in Arma 1 Evo)

- player thinks there's a bug with Blue GS. They were able to repeatedly use the GS without delay. The ENpdf states that it's on a timer, like for example, the tomahawk. Also, are enemy able to shoot this down or damage it? It's ridiculously overpowered, lol. (RazorCH response, "No...isnt a bug. Just not implemented for now.....the time stop like in Tomahawk. And....YES its overpowered yet ^^."

- error message the first time player hits the T key, "variable "displayvendor" does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace"

- When rejoining a persistent server, the player score is kept but not the points earned to 'buy' resources.

- In parameters "Start_at_Town" fails, always gets the same city on the map, Nagara (note: it seems that some or all of the changes made in the Parameters menu are not passed to the game - only the default values are passed)

- In the version tcb_hohei_evo_v1_27_oa an error in the radio tower of the first city, can not be destroyed with satchel loads.

notes:

its not neccessary to put in a message "try getting in as gunner first, then exit and re-enter as pilot" because since oa is a new resupply script working.

<---old version
- The enemy air cover is brutal.

i dont think so. in no one game i have played the enemys airplanes are a bigger problem. nothing changed here...

this status is to advert to hohei version. some bugs (non changing lobby-parameters) are only a problem of the blue version and razor will fix it immediately.

the reworked download packet come out if razor it sayed! :cool:

so on.

to fix this...

go into core.sqf and add a slider and rem out the lines that make the menu click work:

if (_optpage) then 
   {
//        _y = ((TerList select _x) select 0);
//        _z = ((TerList select _x) select 1);
       ctrlMtit ctrlSetText localize "STR_M04t124";
       ctrlAtit ctrlSetText localize "STR_M04t125";
       ctrlShow [6056,false];
       ctrlShow [6057,true];
       ctrlShow [6058,true];
//
       ctrlShow [6059,true];
       ctrlShow [2203,true];
       ctrlShow [2204,true];
       ctrlShow [2205,true];
       ctrlShow [2206,true];
       ctrlShow [2207,true];
       ctrlShow [2208,true];

ctrlListBox ctrlSetPosition [0.0506555,0.22,0.31, 0.05];
       ctrlVTitle ctrlSetText localize "STR_M04t126";
       ctrlAVTitle ctrlSetText localize "STR_M04t127";
//
//        ctrlTTitle ctrlSetText "Terrain";
       ctrlTTitle ctrlSetText "";

ctrlMoney ctrlSetText "";
       ctrlPrice ctrlSetText "";
       ctrlCount ctrlSetText "";
       ctrlDescTtl ctrlSetText localize "STR_M04t124";
       ctrlDesc ctrlSetText localize "STR_M04t128";
       ctrlPreviewMag ctrlSetText "";
       ctrlPreview ctrlSetText "";
//        setterraingrid _z;
   };
};

////edit

while {dialog} do 
{
     if (GetoutClick) then 
   {
       closeDialog 1;
     };
     if(Mpage select 4) then 
   {
       _vpos = (sliderPosition 6057);
       _avpos = (sliderPosition 6058);
       setviewdistance _vpos;
       BIS_EVO_vdist = _vpos;
       BIS_EVO_avdist = _avpos;
       ctrlVactive ctrlSetText format["Ground: %1",(round _vpos)];
       ctrlAVactive ctrlSetText format["Air: %1",(round _avpos)];

//TerList = [["No Grass",50,0] etc     _z = ((TerList select _x) select 1);

_gridval = (sliderPosition 6059);
       _gridrnd = (round _gridval) -1;
       _gridpos = ((TerList select _gridrnd) select 1);
       BIS_EVO_grid = _gridrnd;
       setterraingrid _gridpos;
       ctrlTactive ctrlSetText format["Terrain: %1",((_gridrnd)+1)];
       //
//        _z = ((TerList select _x) select 1);
//        setterraingrid _z;
//        BIS_EVO_grid = _z;
   };
   sleep 0.01;
};

I'm having a little problem with the core.sqf myself atm.

I'm trying to get rid of the errors: "... does not support serialization...".

Have the T-menu working without any errors now, except the "Action button" does not change it's caption anymore.

the changes in core.sqf look like this:

uiNamespace setVariable ["displayVendor", findDisplay 100];
uiNamespace setVariable ["ctrlBut1", (uiNamespace getVariable "displayVendor") displayCtrl 6056];

but I cannot get this command to do anything on the "Action button":

ctrlSetText [6056,"TEXT"];

any help on this?

-Psycho-;1752086']thank you very much kabong.

i gona do my work now! ;)

Psycho - when will we get a new version? It's been a while now. Hoping for something soon. Thanks.

you can play our version while you're waiting - files in my sig

i wait for razor but he didnt answer me. i will link the actual hohei version (1.27) here as hotfix. this version is NOT in the evo-download packet.

Evo-Hohei v1.28oa

p.s.: eggbeast, make your own thread! ;-)

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

Thanks Psycho. To avoid confusion though, maybe you should name it 1.28 - 1.27 is the old version in the evo-download packet.

-Psycho-;1762134']eggbeast' date=' make your own thread! ;-)[/quote']

lol sorry dude. I was just letting them know we have an OA Evo up and active now, as there was no answer here for a while...

over n out

maybe you should name it 1.28 - 1.27 is the old version in the evo-download packet

realy?! lol i've forgot to give it a new version number... i dont understand my own versions...

its changed. ;-)