Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo Blue and Hohei

found a bug in Hohei 1.27:

In Rasman I destroyed a Taki Army BTR60 with a MAAW, got negative score and banafone :(

Maybe the local commander was in the BTR60 (i.e. you inadvertently broke the rules of engagement)?

If he gets into vehicles, there should be a way of identifying those vehicles as HQ vehicles (i.e containing the local commander). We would also need a way to capture the vehicle or, at least, force to him vacate it so we can capture him.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Here's another issue - playing with Blue 5.53 (but I think the behaviour is the same in Hohei 1.27?):

The parameters in mission setup allow 5 levels of "Grass" detail - I presume this makes the same changes as "Terrain Detail" in the T-menu under Options.

1. There are only 3 Terrain Detail level settings in Options - Low Medium and High. Maybe this should be 5 like in the Grass parameters (No Grass, Default MP, Default SP, More, Max) and name them the same? (p.s. GITS Evolution does allow 5 Terrain Detail level settings, but they are not named the same as in the Parameters)

2. The setting for Terrain Detail in the T-menu is not persistent. When you enter options, it defaults to Low. If you change it to Medium or High, and try to go to another category (say "Recruitment") it returns to Low. The only way to make it stick on a higher selected Terrain Detail level is make it the last thing you do before clicking on OK to exit the T-menu. When you return to the T-menu, it then defaults to the Options page and the Terrain Detail reverts to Low again. You then have to do what you want (recruit, call support, etc.) then go back to Options and reset the Terrain Detail level, if you want something other than Low, before exiting the T-menu. Maddening, but I think it has been this way all along for the T-menu. Is it fixable? (p.s. GITS Evolution also suffers from the same problem)

Edited by KaBoNG

Back in ArmA1 Evo there was a nice trick to 'mark' an enemy vehicle which was used by a player and therefore turned into a friendly one: just point the cannon upwards before leaving the vehicle. If you saw an uaz with a cannon pointed to the sky you knew you'd get a neg score for destroying it.

Was commonly used on some servers i played.

More feed back on Evo Blue 5.53:

The enemy air cover is brutal. Two suggestions:

1. Increase the sleep time in the scripts creating these units.

2. Add manned and self-repairing/respawning AA pods in the base (to at least try to keep them away from this part of the map - have a look at GITS Evolution where this is implemented).

More feed back on Evo Blue 5.53:

The enemy air cover is brutal.

Agreed!-finding it hard to do anything without being twatted by them!

Agreed!-finding it hard to do anything without being twatted by them!

Yup, enemy Air-force is to strong for me and maybe I do something wrong but it doesn't remember your weapon load-out.

But it is great that somebody puts time in a new Evolution map , thx for that. :yay:

...maybe I do something wrong but it doesn't remember your weapon load-out.

Spin your mouse wheel after selecting the right set of "tools" for the job and choose "Save Loadout". ;)

It works, even though it's greyed out. :bounce3:

The enemy air cover is brutal.

Hmmmm........try to hit the Helicopters and the Planes with the MMAWS....works fine.

And why do u don't take an Airplane to shot them and cover the Airspace ?

But....ok....yes....i planned to chose numbers or power of the Enemy Air Support in Mainmenu. Not worked yet. Stay tuned ;)

Hmmmm........try to hit the Helicopters and the Planes with the MMAWS....works fine.

And why do u don't take an Airplane to shot them and cover the Airspace ?

But....ok....yes....i planned to chose numbers or power of the Enemy Air Support in Mainmenu. Not worked yet. Stay tuned ;)

Nice1 RazorCH :bounce3:

Any plans for a OA-stand alone version ?

No. Only CO ( Combined Operations ).

Hey Razor, great work thus far and looking forward to getting our own server up running the mod.

I don't know if other people are having this problem, but in the current EvoPack.rar, it seems the Evolution-Guide EN.pdf is corrupt and won't extract.

2. The setting for Terrain Detail in the T-menu is not persistent. When you enter options, it defaults to Low. If you change it to Medium or High, and try to go to another category (say "Recruitment") it returns to Low. Is it fixable? (p.s. GITS Evolution also suffers from the same problem)

Not true!! In MP game, I fixed the T menu with a slider that works around this annoying glitch. It may be a LAN glitch that I wasn't aware of ?

I have definitely fixed this annoying bug but with a patch that isn't perfect.

Open T menu, click options. Grass defaults to OFF. In the old version that was then stuck like it.
Use the new slider to set the terrain (not the old menu above) to e.g. 4 and then click one of the menu options like Recruitment or Support.
Close menu
Settings remain.
Open T menu, settings remain (until you click options menu again when it defaults to OFF)

This is annoying I know but at least the slider works enough, where before it just failed...

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

It seems odd to me that they don't attack the Herc or any of the choppers parked out in the open.

When you place a plane or chopper, it is not seen by roving enemy air units as it appears grey on radar (an unidentified faction). However, once a player comes in the server, runs up to the planes and starts climbing into them, then they turn to red on enemy radar (and join your side).

Not sure if they need to have an engine IR signature to draw out an attack though.

So it's a good idea not to climb into all the vehicles when you join a server!

Once they have been blown up and they respawn, they are set to SIDE=EMPTY again, and are safe.

Hangars do make a difference, but not much.

We have a server up and running with this. Glad to see a new Evolution come out. We did run into a few bugs (enemy still attacking base even with the parameter turned off, the tower in Rasman wouldn't go down even from a total 11 satchels, those were the two big ones). I'm not sure if it's by design, but it doesn't seem you can unlock newer weapons as you rank up. Either everything is available from the beginning or it's not. Still, lots of fun and look forward to more updates!

Also, since it's an Combined Ops map, is there any chance of adding the old weapons, like the M4s and M16s? The old M249 without optics? I miss those.

Edited by BOTA:49

is there an AI version available for this yet? (where you can recruit friendly AI into your group as in the arma1 version)

It's based on rank. The higher your rank, the more AI you can recruit (and the more types).

@ BOTA:49

This is Hohei u are talking about. I know this Version has this Bugs.

[TcB]-psychobastard has made this Version. He will fix them all, but there is no time at the moment. :o

Try the Blue Versions.....made by me..... there are no bugs like this ^^.

enemy still attacking base even with the parameter turned off

Infantry or Air Vehicles ?

If u say Airvecs....this is normal....everytime a Huey fly over the Base the trigger will activate and "say" Enemy's attacking Base.....

Also, since it's an Combined Ops map, is there any chance of adding the old weapons, like the M4s and M16s? The old M249 without optics? I miss those.

Yes....possible.....hmmmmm......u really want the "old" weapons also in this Evo's ?

Very much so, or at least those that have some purpose. Especially an iron sighted M249, MP5SD6 and MP5A4, M40A3, M9, M1911, M107 (the one without the thermal imaging), and M1014.

And yes, it was the Hohei version that was pretty much bugged for us. We switched over to the Blue versions and haven't had any issues yet! Thank you very much for all your hard work fellas, this is a hell of a lot of fun!

I think there's a bug with Blue GS. We were able to repeatably use the GS without delay. the ENpdf states that it's on a timer, like for example, the tomahawk.

Also, are enemy able to shoot this down or damage it? It's ridiculously overpowered, lol.

I get an error the first time I hit the T key, this is the message:

variable "displayvendor" does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace

Then it works perfect.

Does anyone know the solution?

Greetings.

Disabling MHQ & AirHQ and enabling proper ranks (Armed Assault 1 had 150pt for Major AFAIR) by default would be change in the right direction.

I think there's a bug with Blue GS. We were able to repeatably use the GS without delay. the ENpdf states that it's on a timer, like for example, the tomahawk.

No...isnt a bug. Just not implemented for now.....the time stop like in Tomahawk. And....YES its overpowered yet ^^.

variable "displayvendor" does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace

Versions before there was the Mando Hitch error......and now....i know.

Working on this ;)

Thanks anyway at all for the Feedback here......Really constructive ! :bounce3:

RazorCH - any idea when we will see a new version of Blue? Of Hohei?

Not sure if this is a bug or just not implemented. When rejoining a persistent server, the player score is kept but not the points earned to 'buy' resources.

Infantry or Air Vehicles ?

If u say Airvecs....this is normal....everytime a Huey fly over the Base the trigger will activate and "say" Enemy's attacking Base.....

Both, but not too often will it be Infantry or ground vehicles. I have no idea how they got there, but twice I've run into enemy infantry with a jeep or two (once an APC) sitting in the base when the current town is 3+km away.

Not sure if this is a bug or just not implemented. When rejoining a persistent server, the player score is kept but not the points earned to 'buy' resources.

We have noticed this as well.