Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo Blue and Hohei

Hi everyone.

A long time is ago since the first Evo Blue was released.

Now we have a new Package for all Evolution Fans.

We......[TcB]-psychobastard- an me work together

for this Evo Package since Operation Arrowhead is out.

Feel free to post Bugreports, Feedbacks, Wishes and Ideas

in this thread.

Download everytime via my Signature....in future also ;)

In the Package is an Evo Guide in english and german integrated.

Have fun.....best regards

cB.Razor

w00h00 - nice release RazorCH (and [TcB]-psychobastard), and just when I was getting interested in playing Evo again. Dunno if I'll get much time to play with it tonight but will probably spend some "quality" time with it over the weekend.

---edit---

So I lied - I spent more time than I thought I would tonight. A few comments:

I like ambient environmental sounds, but not the fog. I see in RazorCH's missions, there is a Sandstorm setting (ON/OFF) as well as a performance setting (Sky + Environment ON/Original EVO). It appears the Sandstorm setting turns variable weather on and off. The performance setting turns ambient sounds AND fog on and off. I would like to suggest that you use the Sandstorm setting to turn fog on and off as fog more closely resembles sandstorm conditions. Then create another parameter to turn variable weather on and off. Until you can change Sandstorm to act this way, I would suggest you turn the fog down in the mission.sqm. That way, we can play with the ambient sounds on and not have to cope with a perpetual sandstorm, if we don't want it.

My next comment is that ever since the first Arma 2 Evo edit came out, I have been wanting the Arma Evo functionality of being able to drop individual members of my AI squad (say if they get stuck somewhere, get injured and I don't have a medic to heal them, etc.). So far I haven't encountered any Arma 2 Evo edits that do this (unless I am missing something somewhere in the UI - if so, where?). Is there any way you could bring this functionality back to Arma 2 Evo?

My last comment for tonight is that the towns still seem a bit lifeless - I would like to see more troops walking around, without increasing the amount of armour.

Otherwise, I am very happy to see how your Evo edits have developed since your previous releases - keep it up! ;)

Edited by KaBoNG

I like ambient environmental sounds, but not the fog. I see in RazorCH's missions, there is a Sandstorm setting (ON/OFF) as well as a performance setting (Sky + Environment ON/Original EVO). It appears the Sandstorm setting turns variable weather on and off. The performance setting turns ambient sounds AND fog on and off. I would like to suggest that you use the Sandstorm setting to turn fog on and off as fog more closely resembles sandstorm conditions. Then create another parameter to turn variable weather on and off. Until you can change Sandstorm to act this way, I would suggest you turn the fog down in the mission.sqm. That way, we can play with the ambient sounds on and not have to cope with a perpetual sandstorm, if we don't want it.

Yes...good idea. Now.....when u play 1h or more....the "morning mist" will go away, and the wether is being from misty and cloudly to sunny. Sandstorm is random generated.

What u can do......open "T" Menue click on "Options" at bottom......here u can adjust the view range up to 10km in air and at ground.

My next comment is that ever since the first Arma 2 Evo edit came out, I have been wanting the Arma Evo functionality of being able to drop individual members of my AI squad (say if they get stuck somewhere, get injured and I don't have a medic to heal them, etc.). So far I haven't encountered any Arma 2 Evo edits that do this (unless I am missing something somewhere in the UI - if so, where?). Is there any way you could bring this functionality back to Arma 2 Evo?

U see the status of your troops bottom left....red = injured.

In Mapview u can't see something.......only Real Player Teammates.

Will have a look at this wish ^^ .

My last comment for tonight is that the towns still seem a bit lifeless - I would like to see more troops walking around, without increasing the amount of armour.

Sign.......its a performance thing.

Thanks for Feedback ;)

Edited by RazorCH

hi in my evo's mod hellfire rocket on helicopters are not working they are locking target but not hitting them is it a problem with evo or problem in my game ?

hi in my evo's mod hellfire rocket on helicopters are not working they are locking target but not hitting them is it a problem with evo or problem in my game ?

They will hit the Target.....but i think the Enemy jumps out of the Vehicle before it expolde. And it gives u no Points. This is what i've seen by myself in many Testrounds. Make a test......spot ONE vehicle and shot them. The Name of the Vehicle switch from red to grey....it's also destroyed.

Is the mission only for CO and OA, or will it work for vanilla Arma 2 as well?

Evo Blue OA and Hohei OA is only for CO ( OA + A2 ) and the one Hohei Version 1.2 is for A2 only.

RTFM !!! LOL...i suggest to read the guide ;)

Ok great, I just asked before downloading it, so I will definatley check it out.

thanks alot.

After testing last night I found that if you are using a chopper to deliver your hellfire you need to have a gunnrer on board to sucessfully lock up a target. Try it and see if this fixes your problem.

thanks for replies cuz i thought it was as a bug or something cuz before i never had this problem with other evo's when i choose manual fire.

RazorCH: adjusting the visibility range in the T-menu does not clear the "morning mist" (ie fog) effect. You can get rid of it by changing the Performaance parameter to Original Evo, but then you lose the ambient sounds whcih sounds "dead" IMHO.

I have solved this by editing the fog value in the mission.sqm so it doesn't really matter to me. I just thought it would be cool to generate the fog when the weather became inclement - to my eye, the fog effect in OA looks like a sandstorm because it has a sandy colour to it.

I have solved this by editing the fog value in the mission.sqm so it doesn't really matter to me. I just thought it would be cool to generate the fog when the weather became inclement - to my eye, the fog effect in OA looks like a sandstorm because it has a sandy colour to it.

Will fix this in the next update. Thanks for reporting ;)

After spending more time tonight with Hohei OA 1.25, I finally encountered the hard coded sandstorm that is part of the weather engine. Adding fog to it might be a bit too much as the hard coded version already obscures vision. I will continue with the fog removed (actually, reduced to 0.01 - removing the fog lines from the mission.sqm breaks the parameters menu) version I created. I haven't got enough patience to wait for the morning mist to clear and it still shows up if you selected a later starting time in the day. I prefer not to have the starting fog.

With your hint for reloading/refueling helicopters, you may also want to add "try getting in as gunner first, then exit and re-enter as pilot". I was doing this tonight and had no trouble getting reloaded/refueled when I touched down at the base.

Also, I take back my comment about the towns seeming "dead". I found plenty of "live" OPFOR troops to deal with tonight. ;)

I have to say I am really impressed with this release. Sure, there's a bit of polishing and tweaking to do (and please do keep doing this) but I am already having a lot of fun with it.

Thanks guys! Keep it up!

Edited by KaBoNG
D'oh!

Another suggestion for Hohei:

Can you put the A-10s, Harriers and F-35's outside in a row along the apron and get rid of the hangars? In the Harrier/F-35 hangar, the planes get tangled up together by AI pilots, and even human players may find it tight to get out of.

With your hint for reloading/refueling helicopters, you may also want to add "try getting in as gunner first, then exit and re-enter as pilot". I was doing this tonight and had no trouble getting reloaded/refueled when I touched down at the base.

I think the hint in the Guide is missing ?

Also, I take back my comment about the towns seeming "dead". I found plenty of "live" OPFOR troops to deal with tonight.

Live....aha.....^^

Can you put the A-10s, Harriers and F-35's outside in a row along the apron and get rid of the hangars? In the Harrier/F-35 hangar, the planes get tangled up together by AI pilots, and even human players may find it tight to get out of

When enemy fly over the Base....and the Planes are'nt in Hangars they will be destroyed from enemy Planes at a long range. So its impossible to start the Planes. Bad Idea to remove the Hangars. But what we can do ist to reduce the Planes in Hangars.

Thanks for Feedback

Not getting any enemies at Nagara with either Takistan 51 version.

Air assets but nothing on the ground.

Not getting any enemies at Nagara with either Takistan 51 version.

Air assets but nothing on the ground.

Same here? :confused:

When enemy fly over the Base....and the Planes are'nt in Hangars they will be destroyed from enemy Planes at a long range. So its impossible to start the Planes. Bad Idea to remove the Hangars. But what we can do ist to reduce the Planes in Hangars.

I wasn't aware of that. It seems odd to me that they don't attack the Herc or any of the choppers parked out in the open. One possible thing to explore - I opened the mission in the editor and could not see the hangers or their planes (A-10s, Harriers and F-35s - the Herc was visible). I don't know how you are placing them (script?) but maybe try placing them with the editor like the other objects in the base. Maybe this will keep them safe.

Until the problem is solved, I agree with your idea to reduce the number of planes in that hangar, but suggest you add another hangar to accommodate the planes you take out of this one. I would also turn the hangar so that the planes exit out onto the apron rather than the rough infield. It would avoid the bumpy ride getting out of the hangar and it may be causing problems for the AI as I can't seem to get them to drive a plane out of that hanagar.

Edited by KaBoNG

I tried adding some A-10s and F-35s using the editor, parked them out in the open and none of the OPFOR aircraft went after them.

I also found something in the recruit system I don't like - the AI unit spawns with a parachute, floats down to the ground and when the parachute disappears, the unit warps to my location rather then staying where it landed and then running over to me. I checked this behaviour against GITS Evolution and found that it doesn't happen this way - the unit lands, parachute disappears, unit remains where it landed and then runs over to me. If this was an attempt to solve the AI units dying when they land bug, it isn't necessary as this bug was fixed by BIS a few patches ago. Have a look at the GITS code and see if you can use it instead.

Also, the "no counterattacks" option doesn't seem to be working. Even when selected, I get OPFOR attacks on my base.

There is a Update aviable.

Download via Signature.

Hot Fix for Dedicated Server.

Many things dosn't work on Dedi Servers.

Enemy's in Towns

Reinforcement

Action Menue

And there was an endless List in RPT File. Now this is fixed.

So if u want to host and play this Evo's on Dedi Servers u have to download this Package again and replace it with the older one. ( All OA Missions )

Versions new :

Evo Hohei 1.26 OA

Evo Blue 5.52 OA and GS

Info :

Updated to Version 5.54 Blue and 1.27 Hohei.

****EDIT***** V5.53 Blue and 1.27 Hohei

There are new AI Teammates to Choose.

KSK / Czech Special Forces / Us Army / Deltaforce.

New Support Icons added.

Bugfixing in Support Menue.

Bugfixing on both Blue Versions. Engineer can now repair Vehicles again ;)

( Sorry all....was my fault )

Edited by RazorCH

Thanks RazorCH. Much appreciated.

Any fixes for counterattacks occurring when they shouldn't? Warping recruits?

edit - file contains 5.53 Blue. Previous was 5.52 Blue. Is 5.54 Blue above a typo?

Edited by KaBoNG

edit - file contains 5.53 Blue. Previous was 5.52 Blue. Is 5.54 Blue above a typo?

:eek:

Ouw....yes. V5.53 is the newest.....write error by Razor :D Sorry

found a bug in Hohei 1.27:

In Rasman I destroyed a Taki Army BTR60 with a MAAW, got negative score and banafone :(