Sign in to follow this  
Icekiller

PreBuy , ARMA2:CO vs ARMA2 + ARMA2:OA

Hi

As an old OFP and AA fan , It time to invest again :) . but

I am in doubt of the ARMA2 : CO (combined operations).

Does the ARMA2:CO add anything more compared to

buy ARMA2 + ARMA2:OA seperately .

Does it actually give me any value for me to get the "old" Arma2 ,

or are the ARMA2:OA enough ( in terms of CO-OP Serverplay)

I understand that there proberly are som singleplayer missions I dont get) .

ps.

I only interest in the DVD versions.

Best Regards

Icekiller , Sniperteam

A2:CO is literally the same thing as A2+OA. As far as I know, the main advantage of buying CO is that it is slightly cheaper that getting A2 and OA separately. The box itself merely contains the install DVDs for A2 and OA with individual keys, just as if you had bought them separately. The only thing I'm not sure about is the booklet(s).

It comes with two booklets, one for ArmA2 and one for OA, OA's is quite a bit thicker. If you already have DVD ArmA2 just get OA standalone and you'll be fine.

Depending on where you live it might be difficult to get hard copy. All the shops in my town had OA but no A2 & CO is only in hard-copy in north-US (AFAIK). If you can't get hard copy you may be interested in Sprocket (like steam but with no BS). If I'm correct the Sprocket download version is the same as a hard copy version.

Edited by RomeoSierra

Hi Guys

thx for your time , great to hear

ARMA II Operation Arrowhead (PC DVD) 24.99 -> £14.99

ArmA 2 (PC DVD) 24.99 ->£12.99

and the cheapest Arma2:CO I found around was : Arma2:CO approx. £35

But do you think I ever will get used the Arma2 and not only the Arma2:OA , are there missions out there that needs both to be installed ?

Br

Icekiller

i mainly play OA now. maps are awesome. but the units from arma2 do make for variety. lus the good arma2 maps.

Thx Twisted ,

u did convince me that I should ordre both :)

once again thx to you and all the other in the community

Br

Icekiller

It comes with two booklets, one for ArmA2 and one for OA, OA's is quite a bit thicker.
Yes, just for anyone who is curious, the OA booklet that comes with CO is the same as the one that you'd get if you bought stand-alone OA, but the ArmA2 booklet is an abbreviated version made specifically for CO that just has info on the campaign, main characters, and A2-specific credits and tells you to reference the OA booklet for more info on gameplay, etc.
i mainly play OA now. maps are awesome. but the units from arma2 do make for variety. lus the good arma2 maps.
Getting to use the whole gamut of Army and Marine Corps units and equipment in missions I make in the editor is one thing I really like about it (also applies to OPFOR, independent, and civilian, of course); the Warfare Benny Edition - CO version is something definitely worth checking out if you are getting both/CO (you can basically play it single player by setting up a LAN game if you aren't into the MP that much).

I just wish they'd changed the config of the OA items to list them as OA in the editor. Most of the units and vehicles are listed with [uS] vs [uSMC], but objects and stuff aren't, so you'll have Power Generator and Power Generator or Guerrilla Cache and Guerrilla Cache and not know what the difference is, meaning if you put the wrong one you force CO vs OA when you might not wanted to.