Sign in to follow this  
matchy7

arma 1 is still laggy

hi there i have 2gb ram i have a 6800gt card 3ghz. and my game is real low detailed and reaky lagy. it may be my motherboard its a P4i65GV? whats a nice good cheat motherboard that will run arma 1 smoothly?

thanks

Niall

Motherboards alone barely make a difference, however, your video card was good about 4-5 years ago.

yes but its the game spec though

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

motherboard has 800mhz?

Doesn't make it ideal for running the game. A 6800 is only just barely enough to run it. Full Sahrani will bring that card to it's knees.

But you know you should never pay attention to that, right?

With a 6800, you'd be lucky to play Solitaire on High Details.

H*ly Sh*t dude 6800gt card!?

that is a F%ckign old card!

what he said

How are they good?

No offense man but you cant run the game.

you got to upgrade your computer, your running AGP card still, get yourself a motherboard

that will handle PCI express and then get into the 200 series of nvidia cards, you will see a new game.

your cpu is good though, you got a bottleneck going I believe,

where the cpu is high but the GPU is low, what do you have for your power supply?

also what operating system are you running?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

You can get a new graphics card for about 70-100 euros, that CAN run arma 1 on high graphics. Then again, you would probably have to get a new motherboard & powersupply. And possibly a new processor. I have an 8800gt 512mb and I am sticking with it a while longer. It is a decent card, costs around 80 euros. And allows you to play arma 2 on medium graphics.

Running Win 7 with a 478 socket Mobo, 2Gb RAM alone is an issue. That poor thing is getting choked and probably throwing up on you. My advice? A complete overhaul. Running the new generation games on that computer would be a nightmare and I'm sure you already know that.

To support my theory you can use the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and see how your computer will perform. That is if you haven't already done so

To get a good and precise answer would be to list all the details of your system. Asking your question like you did is not to helpful. Be helpful to us so we can help you.

Yes. However; your question is still vague.:j: What are your intentions? Would you be gaming? Video/photo editing? General usage? Basically, we need more details. There are a wide variety of G-Cards that suits the user and selecting the right card you will need to decide this before purchasing.

Both Radeon and nVidia are user preference. However, as I said you will need to list your current specs. Is your Mobo cross fire ready? Do you have Sli x16 slots? Are you only able to use PCI or AGP? Nonetheless, I personally would say yes to your question