Sign in to follow this  
tyler4171

DLC - US Navy ideas

I dont care if this would be free or not im just offering out some suggestions for a vital yet overlooked branch of the military

New map (Gulf war type map? suggestions on an area please?)

A functioning carrier with ILS (its possible the LHD had one with an addon)

F/A-18E Super Hornet

Navy SEAL Operators

F-14 Tomcat (i know there are addons out there but would be nice to see an official one)

E-2C Hawkeye

S-3 Viking

Anymore suggestions would be nice :)

IRL the carrier doesn't have an ILS, but there's one in the making with a fresnel lens. Other than that I like the idea, I would especially like to see a functioning destroyer with missiles and the like... naval warfare

Yeah I like the idea also... maybe some air and sea operations instead of being land-locked all the time. Although I have no idea how feasible it would be, it is something I'd pay for in DLC.

Good idea.

IRL the carrier doesn't have an ILS, but there's one in the making with a fresnel lens. Other than that I like the idea, I would especially like to see a functioning destroyer with missiles and the like... naval warfare

In ArmA the airfields must ahve an ILS for AI to land, thats what i was referring too ;)

Yes I can't wait to play a mission where you assault from the ocean as SEALs and...your AI drop all their gear while swimming :p

Ha, sarcasm! You could just script it to where they could swim faster and don't drop their gear.

I would love this idea, I just think that the large bodies of water might be an issue (They tend to lag for me, any suggestions besides turning down ALL my graphics?) Also, I think they should include the Russian or Chinese Navy with it, then I would pay for it.

:D submarine deployment of a seal team!.... oh, and of course the operation of the submarine itself ;)

Chinese Navy

Chinese Navy in alliance with Russia lol, USMC would be screwed but sounds good to me!

Some good Navy Seals would be awesome. :)

Underwater swimming, scuba gear etc.

for ArmA 1, didnt Gnat make a scuba vehicle? If they can do sumthing like that it would be good for long distances...

Submarines are possible in this engine

GNAT has already demonstrated with the three subs he released. GranQ did another one for his SFP 81 mod

and BIA has already done a working Collins class submarine for VSB2

http://resources.bisimulations.com/content/html/vehicles/au_navy_ship.html

so submarines are possible. but.....

Do you really see BIS inclined to do this?

Ch 53 or as Mw2 ppl would say a Pave Low, if its even used by the navy, the blackhawk is getting booring. Some sort of Navy pilot mini campaign would be interesting to, with coastal bombarding, killing other ships, providing cas, extractions or something, or a behind enemy lines campaigns :D

enough US stuff i want spanish mexican stuff druglords mexican spanish

Well, actually in real life the carrier (assuming you mean the Nimitz class CVN) has a few different instrument precision approach aids including the Carrier Instrument Landing System (CILS) and the so-called Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS); suffice it to say, I've had to use them on quite a few dark nights on Case III recoveries.

The CILS works basically the same as a civilian ILS, but it's not channelized the same way, so you can't use a civilian ILS with that avionics box (i.e. the planes that can fly a civilian ILS approach also have a civilian ILS receiver tied in with their nav/radio avionics).

The ACLS is more precise but requires some bi-directional communication to use properly and a radar that locks onto the particular aircraft. The displayed information to the aircrew is the same line-up/glideslope format, and they can choose to fly it manual in a "Mode II" approach, or, in some aircraft with the correct equipment (mainly the Hornets and Super Hornets), they can actually lock the autopilot to fly the plane all the way to the trap with a "Mode I" approach. In practice, I almost never saw the latter being used except a couple times when someone boltered a few times in bad weather and they really wanted him to get on deck; part of this is that the landing grade that a pilot gets when he or she goes Mode I doesn't count (towards or against him or her) for that grading period, and all the pilots are trying to get lots of OK-threes on the greenie board...

Edited by TinManNFO

Well, actually in real life the carrier (assuming you mean the Nimitz class CVN) has a few different instrument precision approach aids including the Carrier Instrument Landing System (CILS) and the so-called Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS); suffice it to say, I've had to use them on quite a few dark nights on Case III recoveries.

The CILS works basically the same as a civilian ILS, but it's not channelized the same way, so you can't use a civilian ILS with that avionics box (i.e. the planes that can fly a civilian ILS approach also have a civilian ILS receiver tied in with their nav/radio avionics).

The ACLS is more precise but requires some bi-directional communication to use properly and a radar that locks onto the particular aircraft. The displayed information to the aircrew is the same line-up/glideslope format, and they can choose to fly it manual in a "Mode II" approach, or, in some aircraft with the correct equipment (mainly the Hornets and Super Hornets), they can actually lock the autopilot to fly the plane all the way to the trap with a "Mode I" approach. In practice, I almost never saw the latter being used except a couple times when someone boltered a few times in bad weather and they really wanted him to get on deck; part of this is that the landing grade that a pilot gets when he or she goes Mode I doesn't count (towards or against him or her) for that grading period, and all the pilot are trying to get lots of OK-threes on the greenie board...

hot damn, that's some good intel.

Frigates and some cargo ships for boarding parties to search for weapons/terrorists would be cool. Then we could have anti pirate missions off Somalia!