Sign in to follow this  
blackettle

Concerning AI Team groups and "move here" commands in map view

Hello,

It is handy that when I select one or several units using the F keys, I can go into the map and give a "move here" order by clicking on the map.

However, when I have my AI grouped into teams (ie Red, White, Green etc), and I select that group using complex command (9,9,team#) there is no such "move here" option when I am in the map. Why?

Thanks

--------------------

Another related question...

Is it possible to issue multiple "move here" commands in succession? This would be similar to "Move" way points in that the units would follow a sequence of moves to better control how the units move from A to B in game.

Thanks

Edited by blackettle

Use Shift + F# (# being the number of a unit in the fireteam you want to select) (:

Another related question...

Is it possible to issue multiple "move here" commands in succession? This would be similar to "Move" way points in that the units would follow a sequence of moves to better control how the units move from A to B in game.

Thanks

in the map, holding shift key. In first person view I dont know

I tried holding down shift to set a series of move waypoints, but it did not work. The "move here" command disappears after the first one.

Any other suggestions?

I tried holding down shift to set a series of move waypoints, but it did not work. The "move here" command disappears after the first one.

Any other suggestions?

Dont think that works.

If the units are in High command, see the training missions, you can set multi waypoints by holding ctrl down, but I dont think you can do that with your normal squad.

What you can do though is to go to the map. Hold left shift and left click with the mouse to create a waypoint. Now tell the guys you want to go somewhere else. Once the have gone far enough, or when you want them to go the the circle waypoint on the map you can just use the next waypoint command in the menu for them. 1-9. This can sort of be used as a two way waypoint or to coordinate partial attack planes etc.

If the ability to issue a series of "move here" commands is not in the MP game for your squad, it should be. I find myself having to incrementally tell the units how to get somwhere when the location is far away. Otherwise, they seem to choose arbitrary ways to get there... and sometimes this is a LONG way