Sign in to follow this  
callihn

Zone Restriction Module?

Can someone show me how to use this module, I've read the Biki and searched the forums and still can't seem to get a working example.

Thanks

It's quite simple and very effective. Have another read through the Biki ;)

Basically you place the module and a trigger named "BIS_Zora_0". If the player leaves the area covered by the trigger then groups are spawned to hunt him down. You can add as many triggers as you want ("BIS_Zora_1", "BIS_Zora_2" and so on) to cover certain areas that are "safe".

All the optional parameters listed go into the init field of the module. That's how you change how many patrols spawn or how much space you give the player before they are insta-killed for leaving the play zone.

EDIT: Thanks, I just noticed I was putting the init stuff in the wrong place, I moved it to the modules init field and it work, however it only seems to work if I drive out of it and get out of the vehicle, then I dye, but if I walk out nothing happens.

Anyone know how to fix that?

It's quite simple and very effective. Have another read through the

Biki ;)

Basically you place the module and a trigger named "BIS_Zora_0". If the player leaves the area covered by the trigger then groups are spawned to hunt him down. You can add as many triggers as you want ("BIS_Zora_1", "BIS_Zora_2" and so on) to cover certain areas that are "safe".

All the optional parameters listed go into the init field of the module. That's how you change how many patrols spawn or how much space you give the player before they are insta-killed for leaving the play zone.

Thanks, that is what I thought it said too, but it is not working like that for me or maybe I'm just too impatient, are there any specifics to the trigger aside from the name?

I've tried a few different options to no avail.

I placed the trigger named "BIS_Zora_0" and experimented with the following in init.sqf:

Zora_Module setvariable ["bordersize", 0];

Zora_Module setvariable ["factionlist", ["RU"]];

Added the module fo course.

And there are RU toops in the map.

Yet I can go an stand outside of the area, apparently as long as I like.

How long until the action starts?

Edited by callihn

Turn on debug ;)

Zora_Module setvariable ["debug", true];

That will show the borders and patrols. Also I think Zora has issues with vehicles (see "known bugs" on the biki).

Turn on debug ;)

Zora_Module setvariable ["debug", true];

That will show the borders and patrols. Also I think Zora has issues with vehicles (see "known bugs" on the biki).

I know where the trigger is so debug is no help, it simply does nothing if you walk out of the area, which is not listed as a known bug, so I thought I'd ask, do you get the same?

Nope, you're saying if you cross the border, no patrols appear to hunt you down on the map (with debug on)? That's very odd, as they should do so when you cross the first border and when you cross the second you should die instantly.

*edit*

Here's an example mission

http://rapidshare.com/files/413590639/Zora_example.utes.7z

Edited by AnimalMother92

Thanks, there is a big difference between:

Zora_Module setvariable ["bordersize", 0]; Zora_Module setvariable ["factionlist", ["RU"]]; Zora_Module setvariable ["debug", true]

AND

this setvariable ["bordersize", 0]; this setvariable ["factionlist", ["RU"]]; this setvariable ["debug", true]

The former was used in the Biki for "Example:"s

FIXED!

Changed to use this in place of Zora_Module in Biki "Example:"s and specified module init usage.

Yes, the Biki assumes that you named the module Zora_Module. It's just for reference. "this" is because it's in the init of the actual module. Glad you got it working :)

Yes, the Biki assumes that you named the module Zora_Module. It's just for reference. "this" is because it's in the init of the actual module. Glad you got it working :)

Ahh, so it should probably have both examples and explain which is which then perhaps.

And what if I leave one trigger but I get into another triggers area right away?

Edit: nvm, that was a stupid question.

Edited by ziiip

Sry for bringing up old topics,

But could i use this module to restrict civilians (spawning randomly from ambient civ module) from entering my military base?