Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH Hk416 pack 1.2 for OA / CO

Why should he get rid of the A.R.M.S. mounts? Personally I thought that the A.R.M.S. SIR (as seen in the Splinter Cell: Conviction "M468" and the Modern Warfare 2 M4A1) gave those AR-15s "character," a distinctive image.

Oh, and I'd still love to see the HK416 with 9.3 inch barrel and G3/MP5-style stock!

Why should he get rid of the A.R.M.S. mounts? Personally I thought that the A.R.M.S. SIR (as seen in the Splinter Cell: Conviction "M468" and the Modern Warfare 2 M4A1) gave those AR-15s "character," a distinctive image.

Oh, and I'd still love to see the HK416 with 9.3 inch barrel and G3/MP5-style stock!

He meaned A.R.M.S. mount of Aimpoint - not the SIR :p

btw show the pic of Hk416 with 9.3 inch barrel and G3/MP5-style stock

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

You mean Hk416C?

HK416Clinks.jpg

Ahh okay (re: ARMS) ;)

... I did NOT realize that that had actually been named; previously I'd just seen it at "The Firearms Blog" and SoldierSystems.net discussing DSEi 09 (an arms trade show) and it being supposedly a special-order weapon for certain British personnel.

He meaned A.R.M.S. mount of Aimpoint - not the SIR :p

btw show the pic of Hk416 with 9.3 inch barrel and G3/MP5-style stock

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

You mean Hk416C?

Please do not quote pictures/videos!

Lol, 416 for double Handgun maniacs XD

Seriuos sam would now say "Double your gun, double your fun" :D

Great work!

Edited by W0lle

Bueatiful MOD and weaponry. You even animated the bullets being used inside the magazine too! I really enjoyed sniping with the Scoped HK417SD.

I also thorughly enjoyed your SMG weapon pack as well. Those MP7A1's are top notch models. Okay off to try out the P90's.

Larue Tactical makes great mounts;)

Just last night I was looking at my aimpoint thinking, when is RH going to get rid of the A.R.M.S mounts & do a QD Lt-150?

+1 on Larue, hands down the best QD throw lever design. The A.R.M.S throw lever will fatigue over time, and doesn't lock into place as does the LaRue QD design. Moreover, I dislike the business practices of Dick Swan, generating frivolous lawsuits against Larue. Larue even offers a trade, an equivalent Larue mount for a defective A.R.M.S mount as show below:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=179975

Back on topic, RH, if you get the time could you can come up with some desert camouflage skins on the 416/417s?

Yep, I'd love to see the HK416C (9-9.3 inch barrel) in-game, even if it's mainly a "cosmetic" variant of the HK416D (the 10.4-10.5 inch barrel variant) in game terms... unless you actually model the 1.1-1.5 inch barrel length difference. :P

Hmm... This is going to sound old, especially in a thread about newer weaponary but:-

@RobHammer - do you have any inclination to make some a better looking set of G36's than BIS? I use your packs all the time and it kinda stands out when I have a bunch of units wielding the latest in gucci HK alongside what look like OFP/Arma conversions! :D

Hello Robert Hammer.

First of all i' d like to say thank you for your awesome work. I have just downloaded all of your packs and i love them.

But there is 1 small thing that is bugging me with this pack: The AG36 is not the right grenade launcher for the 416. A specific version called the AG416 is made for the 416s and 417s.

Here is a picture of it:

hk416_glm.jpg

(Note that it doesn' t necessarily have to have the foldable front grip, i' have seen pictures of models that have a small picatiny rail instead of the foldable front grip, nor does it have to have those small side rais above.)

The 416s from ACE2 have the right grenade launchers, maybe you could ask them if they mind letting you use their model for your pack? It would be cool if you could fix this for the next version.

I also have a couple of suggestions: optics wise, i think that it would be cool if you could replace the acogs with the newer ones with the red dots on top of them. I have also seen that you have added an mk16 equiped with a specter dr with a red dot on top in the latest version of the MGS weapon pack. Would be cool to have 416s and 417s with those. And forgive me for citing the ace mod again, but if you could make some 416s and 417s with eotechs + magnifiers like in ace it would totally rock.

I have a question: Could you make it so that when using the back up sights, pressing right click doesn't make the screen zoom in at all, unless you keep right click pressed. Like when using iron sights and red dot sights in slx mod.

Since these sights are mostly intended for cqb use i find it better that way, as it makes you keep your fov and if you need to zoom well you can just keep right click pressed.

Also, i know that several people have already said that but if you could get in touch with the asc mod to use their weapon customisation scripts it would be incredible. They also have a script that lets you have a working flashlight and laser at the same time.

And about the 417s, is there a posibility that you could make some with 16inches barrel? Right now your pack only has 12 inches and 20 inches barreled variants, which is a shame because most of the 417 that i see on the pictures in a battle rifle or a dmr role are 16 inches model. IMO it would be best if you could switch the optics such as eotech, acog etc from the 20 inches variants to the 16 inches variants and only keep the 20 inch variant with sniper optics.

Oh and if you could add front grips to all the guns that have no grenade launchers and that aren' t sniper rifles it would be cool. They look cool and are used very often in reality.

I believe that this is it lol, i hope that you will at least some of my observations interresting and keep on giving us awesome weapon packs!:yay:

Best wishes.

And about the 417s, is there a posibility that you could make some with 16inches barrel? Right now your pack only has 12 inches and 20 inches barreled variants, which is a shame because most of the 417 that i see on the pictures in a battle rifle or a dmr role are 16 inches model.

There are already HK417s in 16".

But there is 1 small thing that is bugging me with this pack: The AG36 is not the right grenade launcher for the 416. A specific version called the AG416 is made for the 416s and 417s.

Here is a picture of it:

[iM]http://www.gun-world.net/german/hk/hkm4/hk416_glm.jpg[/img]

(Note that it doesn' t necessarily have to have the foldable front grip, i' have seen pictures of models that have a small picatiny rail instead of the foldable front grip, nor does it have to have those small side rais above.)

The 416s from ACE2 have the right grenade launchers, maybe you could ask them if they mind letting you use their model for your pack? It would be cool if you could fix this for the next version.

I also have a couple of suggestions: optics wise, i think that it would be cool if you could replace the acogs with the newer ones with the red dots on top of them. I have also seen that you have added an mk16 equiped with a specter dr with a red dot on top in the latest version of the MGS weapon pack. Would be cool to have 416s and 417s with those. And forgive me for citing the ace mod again, but if you could make some 416s and 417s with eotechs + magnifiers like in ace it would totally rock.

I have a question: Could you make it so that when using the back up sights, pressing right click doesn't make the screen zoom in at all, unless you keep right click pressed. Like when using iron sights and red dot sights in slx mod.

Since these sights are mostly intended for cqb use i find it better that way, as it makes you keep your fov and if you need to zoom well you can just keep right click pressed.

Also, i know that several people have already said that but if you could get in touch with the asc mod to use their weapon customisation scripts it would be incredible. They also have a script that lets you have a working flashlight and laser at the same time.

And about the 417s, is there a posibility that you could make some with 16inches barrel? Right now your pack only has 12 inches and 20 inches barreled variants, which is a shame because most of the 417 that i see on the pictures in a battle rifle or a dmr role are 16 inches model. IMO it would be best if you could switch the optics such as eotech, acog etc from the 20 inches variants to the 16 inches variants and only keep the 20 inch variant with sniper optics.

Oh and if you could add front grips to all the guns that have no grenade launchers and that aren' t sniper rifles it would be cool. They look cool and are used very often in reality.

I believe that this is it lol, i hope that you will at least some of my observations interresting and keep on giving us awesome weapon packs!:yay:

Best wishes.

Only 272 shopping days until christmas :cool:

There are already HK417s in 16".

Are you sure? Because to me they look exactly like the 20" models but without the bipods and with the front sight.

Only 272 shopping days until christmas

Lol yeah i know (or i didn' t lol thanks for letting me know how many days are left until Christmas), i hope that my posts don' t come off as rude in any way,it' s simply me expressing my thoughts on what i believe would be neat changes or additions.

Edited by Tisman

Hmm, after looking again, I guess you're right. They're configured as 16" but model length looks exactly like the scoped 20".

That is indeed my impression.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out, Robalo_AS.

Gotta ask for my own OCD.

The charging handle for the ACR isn't supposed to reciprocate. Any chance of fixing that?

Any quick and easy way to check if the mod is running via script?

Similar to: isACE = isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main");

*snip*

TL;DR

i just look the picture and ... well yeah, it's just a AG36 but with an other form, same term of use, same reloading, same ammo ... front grip on a GL ? no way

no need to waste time on a simple copypasta with a different texture and model

but yeah that's not my weapon pack so i let robert hammer choose what he want

Any quick and easy way to check if the mod is running via script?

Similar to: isACE = isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main");

isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "RH_hk416_cfg")

HK417s don't seem to work with the same mags that the ACE HK417s work with :(

HK417s don't seem to work with the same mags that the ACE HK417s work with :(

Yes, had to be that way in order to keep the config both ACE and no-ACE compatible.

Can only be fixed with a separate ACE config, but it's a minor one, just use the RH mags :)

Yeah, that can be done, but if one guy takes an ACE HK417 and the other takes an RH HK417 then they can't share ammo.

Sorry for a noob question:

How do I install the RH weapon packs? I'm running Arma 2 & OA (combined) with ACE.

Thanks!

Edited by mrcultureshock

Hello everybody

First of all, let me tell you your weapons packs are awesome, you're making Arma 2 closer to perfection.

Unfortunately, I have a minor issue with your weapons. I'm using the latest patches for A2 and OA plus ACE.

When I'm using weapons with Stanag SD or Mk17 SD, the rifles tend to shoot higher than the point I aim. For exemple in close combat in order to shoot a soldier standing a few meters away in the head, I have to aim the bottom of his chest. When I'm using supressed weapons with standard mags they shoot perfectly but the enemy hears me more easily of course. I noticed I have the same problems with some ACE weapons and with the M4A1 Front Handgrip Weapons. The Mk18 pack works well though. Is this a feature of your addon to compensate bullet drop of subsonic munitions or do I have a problem? And does the AI spot you less easily when using SD weapons with standard mags compared to non supressed weapons?

Thanks for your help