Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Enb Series for ArmA 2 or OA [GFX Mod]

It works on all meshes as long as you are close enough to them.

Either way my point is that neither ENB or NVIDIA SSAO works for arma 2, and unless the developer of ENB series creates a version specifically for arma 2 (which I doubt) I don't see SSAO working properly.

exact.

did someone try to customize the SSAO hexacode profile for nvidia drivers ? i suspect nvidia integrated several profile for several game engine. maybe one of them works for arma2 ...

Alright :)

Since there had recently been a new discussion about the ENB series with new files provided by Fenrisulven, I think this would be the appropriet space to share feedback and tweaked files

Alright :)

Since there had recently been a new discussion about the ENB series with new files provided by Fenrisulven, I think this would be the appropriet space to share feedback and tweaked files

Good initiative. It would seem gammadust is right about ambient occlusion though. Somehow the ini file have no effect on SSAO filter, distance and strength. I managed to tweak these settings in other games lacking SSAO by default, so I guess A2 overrules the settings in favor of it's own.

Well to be honest, I am not so much a fan of the current settings. It does indeed make things too dark and too bright. It also seems to decrease sharpness.

Well to be honest, I am not so much a fan of the current settings. It does indeed make things too dark and too bright. It also seems to decrease sharpness.

Funny thing, now when I look at my screens here at work I see what you mean. It's way too dark.. wow. It looks totally different on my laptop. I will look into this. Problem is, when I find gaming time I tend to play bf3 instead of a2 :whistle:

This is more like it (PS gamma correction).

50194787.jpg

69295668.jpg

11348735.jpg

60683078.jpg

Edited by Fenrisulven

That looks like absolute crap. All it seems like they added is even more bloom.

That looks like absolute crap. All it seems like they added is even more bloom.

Hardly, DX shaders does a lot more then bloom. The screens look like crap because I adjusted the gamma on already dark and compressed jpg files. Maybe try ENB in game before you pass your judgment.

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

- A. Einstein

As far as I understand without a proper modified version there is nothing ENB can do that you can't already do with ingame-/driver-/monitor settings?

So "only" colour, contrast and brightness changes like this: Normal, "ENB"

>90% of settings I see look bad for me, but as Fenrisulven noticed it's depending on your screen. Still better to use normal options I guess, so no incompatibilities or maybe cheat detections?

Adding SSAO would be nice, so you can enable it without using PP ingame with all it's bloom/blur/dof stuff I hate, and play around with its settings.

Adding SSAO would be nice, so you can enable it without using PP ingame with all it's bloom/blur/dof stuff I hate, and play around with its settings.

There is a way to enable SSAO without resorting to ENB mod. That would be to simply access the option in drivers (nVidia 285.62)

ZGjoLl.jpg

My experience with this though is that there is some slight shadow flickering associated, it seems worse to say it than it actually is.

Still, if ENB series actually activated SSAO (from my experience it does not) I would like to explore the more granular settings it is supposed to provide.

I tried both GTA San Andreas version as linked by Fenrisulven but also the following (intended for Fallout):

That's really a version with all the features enabled, as opposed to the version that only enables the palette effect. Here's the one used in the video:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34868

"Theres alot in the package, extract wherever, then drag the files from the pallete only folder to where your executable is (main folder). then just switch out the pallets. pretty easy"

Edited by gammadust

Thing is bloom looks so much better with ENB. The default bloom with PP on very high looks like crap and flickers around windows when inside buildings. ENB has a much better and clean bloom effect. Also to me it sure looks like gradients are improved in a way similar to SSAO, even though it could be just the contrast being boosted and these gradients are part of BIS own textures. Confusing to say the least. I do know however that ENB doesn't hurt performance but if I use PP on high or v high my fps suffers. I can't get SSAO to work with this version and I did some tinkering to improve color balance and exposure, but to no avail. I managed to reduce the super dark areas but I can't get rid of overexposure. The sky is pretty much always white. I got tired of it and removed the ENB files altogether :j: Now A2 looks flat and boring again, but at least it doesn't hurt my eyes.

Took some screenshots for comparison

without SSAO (left) / with stock nVidia SSAO (right):

2W5aGl.jpg

NL5c1l.jpg

nQ3G1l.jpg

(click for highres)

The sky is pretty much always white. I got tired of it and removed the ENB files altogether :j: Now A2 looks flat and boring again, but at least it doesn't hurt my eyes.

Try the ENB series for Fallout New Vegas settings in bloom section appear much more "responsive" when changed, you might find your balance easier...

In regards to performance SSAO dents 20-30% (~60fps > 40-45fps) framerate drop in ENB series (despite the effect not being visible I could notice the fps difference once activated through the hotkey) I used ENB series fps indicator to check this, and with all features disabled the decrease was less (~110fps > 92fps), this was by the Utes airport control tower.

Edited by gammadust

Try the ENB series for Fallout New Vegas settings in bloom section appear much more "responsive" when changed, you might find your balance easier...

Hey that works straight out of the box! At first the warm tint bothered me, but as I was testing it on Shapur (desert) turning it off made me realize the tint on desert maps are way too cold in vanilla. Also the default bloom here is better balanced, hardly noticeable at times. I'm not sure what ENB does but A2 looks like crap without it.

I was about to give up on ENB. Many thanks for the link :yay:

Hi, I like the vibrancy of ENB but whenever I use with Arma I get this "roving band of blur" that makes text unreadable (ie.Command Menu). Any ideas on how to fix that?

Hi, I like the vibrancy of ENB but whenever I use with Arma I get this "roving band of blur" that makes text unreadable (ie.Command Menu). Any ideas on how to fix that?

More than likely that would be the Depth of Field setting in your ENBConfig, you can disable that... it was a tested functionality for the mod at the time. It doesn't really look too good in-game...

As i've used ENB before in Fallout and GTA I thought I'd give it a go, but it looks just like a blur filter over the whole screen, the color shift is minimal at the most. Doing it wrong?