Sign in to follow this  
rikske66

Wrong CD key

Hi,

I bought arma 2 OA a few days ago(standalone) and i got some trouble because everytime i play the game crashes ( Arma 2 OA has stopped working APPCRASH etc.) so after some research i found out i should try to get the beta patch, i downloaded the beta patch but when i try to install it, it will first extract normally but the it gives me an error: Wrong CD key:( now i dont know why it gives me the error because im kinda sure that i filled in the correct CD key when i installed the game...

so any1 got any suggestions what to do?

because from the 3 mins i can play the game it seems awsome to me....:o

im running windows 7 proffesional 32 bit

anyway i can look up my CD key in the install folder? im so dumb that i lost my CD box..(yep it does sound fishy)

so it says wrong cd key, and you have also lost the box?

The cd key is printed on the instruction manual, but let me guess, that is also missing.....

Just buy the game.

I bought arma 2 OA a few days ago
im so dumb that i lost my CD box..(yep it does sound fishy)

39105168561d98f1ee3e.jpg

Sounds so familiar. Losing boxes is like losing socks, right? happens all the time. You dont throw them away or anything but they still somehow get lost, vanish, dissapear. and these tiny little bastards always take the manual right with them.

tom-arma-goat-costume-osa.gif

no i didnt lose the manual....

but i cant find the key anywhere on it?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

and even if i had the game pirated i still wouldn't buy it because BIS doesn't seems to be able to make a game that works right outa the box....

the game should run fine even without Beta patch, anything else would be absurd. But without you having the CD key to re-install the game we cant realy assist you with troubleshooting and advice. The key itself is not stored on the DVD (as far as I know) so this is no solution.

And yes, it sounds very fishy so you cant realy blame us for being sceptical. Who throws away the "protective" box of a game, especially if it doesnt run well and could be returned to the store?

Furthermore, once installed I'd certainly remember where the damn key was written on.

and even if i had the game pirated i still wouldn't buy it....
That's quite a weird und unconstructive statement. Edited by Albert Schweitzer

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

and even if i had the game pirated i still wouldn't buy it because BIS doesn't seems to be able to make a game that works right outa the box....

How did you install it the first time if you can't find the CD-Key on the manual - Surely you would have had to do it the first time!

It's not exactly rocket science!

- The last sentance you've provided (as already mentioned) raises suspicion to your activities.

the point is the game doesn't work without the beta patch either.... i have some kinda APPCRASH

the point is the game doesn't work without the beta patch either.... i have some kinda APPCRASH

So you're trying to use the beta patch to get around your little problem. :Oo:

Also, maybe if you purchased a game in a box then you might actually have a game to take out the box, before saying it doesn't work out of the box.

:now:

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9950

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=arma

I don't think any assistance is going to progress without you providing the information already requested by the moderator here.

The onus is down to you!

The CD key is printed on the back of the manual. There are no manuals without a printed cd key.

Good in this case we can close the discussion I guess.