Sign in to follow this  
spec_ops_sniper

Pop Up targets Stay up?

Hi guys, sorry or asking this really stupid question, ive searched everywhere but i cant find what im looking for, and its like its on the edge of my tongue. :confused:

Okay, basically im making a small shooting range for my friend and i, and well i would like the targets to stay up, now my problem is that i have forgotten how to do this.

Thank you for any help.

If they have health (ie they fall down when they "die"), they should return to normal with popuptarget setDamage 0. Making them stay up all the time is just a matter of a constant loop checking if damage is > 0, if so return to 0. Alternativly (and simpler), you should be able to use popuptarget allowDamage false.

No idea if that is the case though, I have never used them.

Edited by Murklor

Using Arrowhead or ArmA2? Because the Arrowhead ones pop back up after being hit automatically.

Using Arrowhead or ArmA2? Because the Arrowhead ones pop back up after being hit automatically.

They did in A2 as well. In both games there are a red and blue target. The blue target does not pop up, once it is shot it stays down. The red one pops up after being 'killed'.

I'd recommend doing

this allowDamage false;

to each of the Blue targets.

(Apologies if I missed this above)

Is there a way to control the target in a similar way to controlling doors on buildings?

What I would like to be able to do is have, say, 10 targets and have them all start down, then have them pop up 1 at a time, randomly. I think the Boot Camp does this; just not sure how to do it.

dePbo the bootcamp level, should be in there somewhere.

What are the Boot Camp mission files/folders called? I can't seem to find them. (And I was hoping someone knew how to do this to save some time.)

Every time you hit one of those red pop-up targets A2 tries to load the following file:

<your_mission_folder>\ca\misc\scripts\PopUpTarget.sqf

So if you create those folders and add an empty "PopUpTarget.sqf" the targets won't go down anymore. You could also use this file to count hits, etc.

Every time you hit one of those red pop-up targets A2 tries to load the following file:

<your_mission_folder>\ca\misc\scripts\PopUpTarget.sqf

So if you create those folders and add an empty "PopUpTarget.sqf" the targets won't go down anymore. You could also use this file to count hits, etc.

Interesting. Thanks. Now if we can figure out how to get the targets up and down when we want, we'll be in great shape.

To make the popup targets go down:

TARGET animate ["terc", 1];

and back up:

TARGET animate ["terc", 0];

To disable auto popup of targets simply put this into your init.sqf or init field of a unit:

nopop = true;

With that you can easily use forEach/for loops with an array of target names to lay all targets flat and then pop random ones up each time.

EDIT: feck didnt see that :(