Sign in to follow this  
Weedburner

Story Driven Coop20 Mission with 5 Tasks -Into the Lions Den

Hello all,

I worked over a week at my new Coop Map "Into the Lions Den"

I made 3 Versions for weak,medium and high end Servers (L,M,HE)

Of Course the L(low enemys) Version can also be used when the Mission is played with fewer players than 20.

On the Medium Version 50% Enemys are removed,on the low Version 70% of the Enemys are removed.

Mission: Players have to Capture or Kill Colonel Arian Aziz and his right hand Captain Sami Hasheem.They also must find evidence for Aziz´s crimes before Aziz can destroy them.The Players need the Help of a local Informer,but this Man wont help them until the Players have freed his Family,taken as hostage by Aziz.

There is also a Sidemission where Players can earn a Littlebird Prototype armed with 12,7mm Gatling Guns and Maverick Rockets instead of 7,62mm Minigun and Folding-Fin Air Rockets (FFAR)

Featues:

Server-Load Reducing "Spawn enemy on Demand".Enemys will first be Spawned when Players comes close their Area.This increases the Server-FPS

Lobby Parameters: Time of Day (Morning,Day,Evening,Night) and Timelimit

Very Inteligent Enemy behaviour directed by UPSMON Script.The Enemy will talk to each other about spotted Enemys and they react to things like Dead Bodies.Enemys will Help each other.Its Hard to describe what they all do,short said.they react much more like real enemys than normal.

Scripted Events like Suicide Bombers,Airborne Attacks and more.

The Main Target Aziz will try to get to the Airfield to escape with an Antonov 2 Plane when he is in big Danger.

-IED and Suicide Bombers :There are some IEDS and even Suicide Bombers in Vehicles Possible.

-Inteligent Static Weapons: The Static Defenses are controlled by Script.They will scan the Area for Enemys in selected Areas.For Example a Searchlight which looks up and down a road.Or Anti Air Searchlights which search the Air for Choppers.

-My Tip: Select "Night" in Lobby-Parameters

Hmm what else i could mention,ah yes,theres also a Revive Funtion,A Halo-Mapclick and a Mobile Spawn.

Vehicles are limited to their Real users.

Chopper=Pilots only IFV=Crewman APC&"Jeeps"&Bikes =Everyone

Vehicle Respawns after different Times,after Bike will spawn after 1min a Chopper needs 5.

I also added some Markers like "Bradley IFV" to the Vehicles which will move with them so everyone see the pos. on Map.

Theres also some static Weapons in base which have a high ammount of Ammo.Transport them with the Transport Humvee to a combat position if wanted.

Im sure i forgot somthing,best you test it yourself ;)

You can download it here (Download changed to Version 1.2 20:25 Clock 17.August)

DOWNLOAD

Special Thanks to "The Scar" for ded. Test Server

Scripts used:

UPSMON by Monsada

SpawnGroup by Warthog

SimpleGuardPatrol von Tophe

CheckCrew/Pilot von Xeno

Others by Myself

Edited by Weedburner

i highly approve this,some minor issues to adapt - but still ... this was a kickass session today,especially with the UPSMON script

Epic,nuff said :cool:

Looking forward playing this mission. We are always looking for good coop mission with a revive script in it. do you have anyidea in what time range this mission could be completed?

Hello all.

After 8 more Hours of Bugfixing and Finetuning the Map needs another Test.

At new Version is fixed:

All Triggers checked,Triggers no longer react to flying Choppers (so a Chopper flying over Map dont bring Chaos to Tasks anymore)

UPSMON Optimised-Changed Paramters of some Groups

Minefield - To Guide Player Movement away from Desert left of Villa (somehow all players wanted to enter the city from there,but i dont want that ;) ).Minefield can be moved trough,but be very carefull,not only Tank also Infantery Mines are there.

Fixed some Trigger-Related Task Errors

I also changed Tasks a bit.Captain Hasheem is now a IED Expert of the Insurgents/Milita.He knows how to build good IED so be carefull when you see some junk at the sidewalk...

Hostages now will be shot after 30 Minutes Countdown (after Mission is started/unlocked).There is a real execution Command taking Aim on the Hostages all time.After 30 Min they open Fire.The Sniper-Team should get into position before the Players attack.

More Scripted Events: Example Ambush: Player drives along road then a IED Explodes and a Searchlight turns on and lights player,also hidden Enemys starts to Attack then with load "allahu akbar" cries

Some minor Changes

Still to do:

Optimising of Vehicle Respawn Positions

Adding Markers (which dont stay on map after Death) to Players

Adding Norrins more complex Revive (atm its a more simple revive)

Balancing after Tests

But the Mission was tested already alot of times,bigges Bugs and Problems are solved.Only Fine-Tuning left to do,its already Playable now,

Download of new 1.2 Missions:

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Weedburner

Looks to be a lot of fun. I didn't get very far on my first try, but I learned not to load everyone into a transport chopper and throw caution to the wind....

... do you have anyidea in what time range this mission could be completed?

on the betas we played we had different timings to complete the missions,once we took 2,5h another time we had the main goal done at around 40min the game :eek:

seems to depend on the actual hide position of Aziz ...

Something's wrong with the "Medium" version included in the Armaholic download. Dunno if it's just me. But for some reason "Medium" shows up as Higher End Server version in game. Also, there is no "Small" version in either of the download links.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

Ok as i said in my other post i would come back to give a full report.

Well we player the mission tonight on the server, first of all it attracted quick good number's that is always good for a mission and a clan server.

I will just give a line up here.

• missing note and tasks
  • missing the blackhawk
  • vehicles like humveys, moters, quad were not respawning
  • only Bradley and stryker respawned
  • sidemission was nowwhere to find
  • objective was nowhere to find

These are things that wasn't like written in de description. Specially the Task and notes was bad - if i hadn't read it out from the forums we didn't knew what to do.

Transportation needs to be better organized in the mission. It also needs more medic's. Some player like the fact that you didn't knew where to go to find Aziz, but a direction for the sidemission would have been nice.

island is very good we liked that. So it isn't all that positive but i do can tell you that we had fun playing it, part form the transport. If you have more questions i'll be checking back here.

T-Booooooooooone! Good to see you still playing ArmA mate. I was on the TAW EU server recently. Need to catch up with you guys for a game!

Ok as i said in my other post i would come back to give a full report.

Well we player the mission tonight on the server, first of all it attracted quick good number's that is always good for a mission and a clan server.

I will just give a line up here.

• missing note and tasks
  • missing the blackhawk
  • vehicles like humveys, moters, quad were not respawning
  • only Bradley and stryker respawned
  • sidemission was nowwhere to find
  • objective was nowhere to find

These are things that wasn't like written in de description. Specially the Task and notes was bad - if i hadn't read it out from the forums we didn't knew what to do.

Transportation needs to be better organized in the mission. It also needs more medic's. Some player like the fact that you didn't knew where to go to find Aziz, but a direction for the sidemission would have been nice.

island is very good we liked that. So it isn't all that positive but i do can tell you that we had fun playing it, part form the transport. If you have more questions i'll be checking back here.

Hello,

I stopped working atm on Lions Den cause it crashes Scars Server somehow.

But i have a new Map in Beta 1.0 state,its a Map where you play as Guerrilla to liberate Zargabad from the Americans

Missions:

Smuggle Drugs to recieve Bonus Weapon Crates and Vehicles

Secure Airfield (Salvage Crew will find an AH6 Littlebird there which will be av aible in Playerbase then)

Take Senator Obongo as Hostage

Destroy an American Communication Base

Scripted Events like Delta Force coming to rescue Senator and bring him to safety with Chopper.

Special Feature: Zargabad is divided in 37 Spawnareas,when Players comes close to this Areas at every Area will Spawn a Group of Enemys.So when the Players fight trough town there will be new Enemys when they walk deeper in the Town all time.All 50 Meters will ne Enemys Spawn.So it wont be boring ;)

To Briefing,Diary and such thing: I take alot of Care of this Stuff,but first when the biggest Bugs in Mission are fixed and the Mission is very completed.

It would be Cool if you TAW Guys could have a look at my new Mission also.

You can download it here

DOWNLOAD

Hello,

I stopped working atm on Lions Den cause it crashes Scars Server somehow

this

Weed is aware of that fact,unluckily the last 3-4 beta versions he designed of it crash my server immediatly and we dont found any fix for it yet - its def not a mission problem (main mission setup) its more of a wrong entry in one of the lines breaking it

Untill he found that little detail i guess you can expect not to see a new version soon ...

Ya,i know renaming the mission for the selection screen isnt a biggie :D