Sign in to follow this  
layzahr

Bought CO from Steam, now it doesn't starts

I was able to play the demo, so I decided to purchase the full game. ARMA 2 CO to be exact. I purchased it through steam. Now the game is not launching. It doesnt give any error messages. It just doesn't launch. I have a gateway Intel R(core) CPU 860 2.80GHZ, 8 gig memory, ATI radeon HD 5770, 1 TB hard drive. what gives?

When you say its not launching, tell us exacly what happens.

Does it start to load, get to a black sceen then just CTD, does it just not do anything, does the loading bars appear, get to a certain point and just lock up??

I do! The demo worked. This is so frustrating. It's not even giving an error message. It just doesnt load.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I click on the shortcut. The little logo pops up where it starts checking off the boxes, then nothing.

Just nothing?

Try reinstalling the game. And how exacly did you get CO? Did you have A2 and OA, then combine them. Or buy CO standalone?

I'm just starting to get into computer gaming. If this is what awaits then I'll stick to consoles.

How about you contact Steam support first? After all you purchased it there.

We have a couple of pretty simple rules here, the link to them was sent to you by PM after the registration. I suggest you read them because of one of them is

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

On a sidenote, I also have CO from Steam and it's just working and launching fine since weeks. So don't come here with that aggressive thread title and try to blame the game.

And yes, sometimes playing games at a PC with its millions of possible hardware combinations is a bit more demanding than just plugging in a console, grab the controller and play. ;)

Edited by W0lle

It had me download it through steam. How do I reinstall it?

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Sorry to ruffle your feathers there Wolle! I'm glad it's working for you. I'm new to computer gaming, so try to understand my frustration. There's nothing aggressive about what I wrote. I'm a frustrated consumer whom was led to believe I could find answers here. Perhaps I'll just contact my credit card and put a stop payment on the recent purchase.

if you say delete local content and then purchase it again you wont pay but it will re-download, also have you tried running it as an administrator

1. In steam verify integrity of game cache. Howto

2. Install.

directx

latest graphic drivers

3. Go into the steam directory. Steamapps>common>[game directory]

Check the ArmA2.exe and ArmA2OA.exe, Go to Properties>details. Tell us the version of each. (download the correct patches for each game if required).

4. Delete.

My docs>ArmA2>Arma2.cfg & [name].arma2OAprofile

5. check your arma2oa.rpt (it is in a hidden folder HowTo)

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.rpt

Check what the last few lines say (since you started the game), paste them here.

6. Remove any gaming devices (controllers etc)

7.Reinstall. :cool:

Edited by Dead3yez

Yeah, if none of the above works, try reinstall...

And yes, when playing on a computer, there are hundreds of thousands of things that the user has access to and can change and upgrade at his will which is not allowed on the consoles, we suffer the occasional problem for the many extras it brings to this platform. ;)