Sign in to follow this  
Devil Dogs SF

Call of Duty 8...Yay

WaW has been my favourite so far,(which is going to stay that way because I couldn't give a shite about it anymore). kept expecting WaW's main char to say "Thats my blood David"

So Treyarch get the little bullet ridden crown from me...despite CoD 3

Sledgehammer games eh? Infinity Ward minus 2?

BTW: there are a few other CoDs swimming about out there, trapped in plastic waste.

Edited by Bascule42

Even if COD becomes free I would never buy it. Maybe I will buy thousands when burning (setting on fire) CDs like wood will become legal.

Maybe we should nuke Electronic Arts to be happy?

Edited by Hoaah

At least then they would stop with those god awful C&C games, great when westwood was around, utter crap without them C&C4's ending had my jaw dropped in how horrible it was...I can't wait to see how terrible Red Alert 4 will be.

speaking of EA is there any difference between the last several madden NFL's released other than GRAPHICS?

Edited by NodUnit

At least then they would stop with those god awful C&C games, great when westwood was around, utter crap without them C&C4's ending had my jaw dropped in how horrible it was...I can't wait to see how terrible Red Alert 4 will be.

speaking of EA is there any difference between the last several madden NFL's released other than GRAPHICS?

I havn't even seen the ending, couldn't be arsed to finish the game...utter shite.

Private Pyle, you had best square your ass away and start shitting me Call of Duty sequels... Or I will definitely fuck you up!

OMG I JUST ROFLED in atlanta intl. airport over that quote, EPIC.

I havn't even seen the ending, couldn't be arsed to finish the game...utter shite.

To sum it up.

We see a big white screen with a drawn on portal, kane walks into it and you see tom cruise say "Kane's gone? yeah right" and walk away which makes it even worse.

Tiberian Dawn and Red alert had great endings.

A renowned global structure destroyed, Nod military might flexed, GDI severaly wounded and questioned or Nod severly wounded, their leader dead and their capital structure gone.

Or for Red Alert, the end of the war as we see Stalin assassinated by his own

or watch Stalin alive under rubble, about to be taken before Stavros comes in and lays a brick on top of him not some victory parade.

From those down to girls asking the commander on a date..how degrading. Overall the latter games are an insult to the originals RA2 was kind of okay (but it marked the downfall)

Warning Rant incomming.

RA3, C&C 3 and 4 are just a big joke compared to the atmosphere of the earlier, less technologically advanced games, in comparison the first two had killing of civlians, in Red Alert cutscenes of it and talking about deathtolls and such.

Tiberian Sun was just gloomy all around, most of the tracks had a gloomy tone,the world desolate and ravaged by tiberium which also had given birth to new life forms and flora, weather climates ravaged and changed.. and whose bright idea was it to get rid of Frank Klepacki..C&C music just isnt' C&C music without the guy who has been there composing it from the BEGINNING.

Oh well enough derailing the topic, so what do you guys think of the pre-order avatar.

Edited by NodUnit

This is like some video game equivalent of Policy Academy...

Not to mention Sims 3 (which sucked), developed by EA when Sims 1 and 2 were developed my Maxis. Not to mention EA buying out the NFL license from 2K (which made a helluva lot better NFL game than EA, at a fraction of the price). :mad:

Nothing can stop the blob (EA Games)! :D

Although, I have to hand to EA, C&C: Generals and C&C: Zero Hour weren't half-bad.

as games are becoming more technologicly advanced, people are forgetting what makes the game. They're spending too much time working on the graphics, desctruction, physics. And "making it look nice", and not enough time on the actual game itself.

Not to mention Sims 3 (which sucked), developed by EA when Sims 1 and 2 were developed my Maxis. Not to mention EA buying out the NFL license from 2K (which made a helluva lot better NFL game than EA, at a fraction of the price). :mad:

Nothing can stop the blob (EA Games)! :D

Although, I have to hand to EA, C&C: Generals and C&C: Zero Hour weren't half-bad.

Generals was good with zero hour I'll give it that but it didn't have any connection with the "C&C universe" as it were which is probably it's saving grace.

C&C was overall pretty fantasy but thats what kept it, WWII fought with cold war weaponry and hyper advanced tech, the fact that it tied to the Tiberian concept later made it all the more interesting but when RA2 came around it somewhat tossed the idea and when they brought in hollywood stars and ignored the fact that Tiberian Sun happened it really ruined the storyline and became a big joke..Especially when in RA3 they went back and undid the events of RA1 which is a literal "fuck you" to any of the fans..I guess the big thing these days is to alienate your previous fanbase and garner a new one.

As far as gaming goes.I think todays storylines are mostly dull and weak because there are so few emotions being dislpayed and the characters are hardly relatable. Most games these days have guys built like fridges where their arms are thicker than their heads and they have a shallow emotion spectrum that is anger, hate and...well thats about it really.

it's so macho and you can't make a good storyline out of that, part of what makes a story interesting is a character who responds differently to certain situations, experiences joy, fear, sadness, has their high moments and their deep lows..not someone who responds to everything by shooting at it.

And yeah I agree it would be nice if EA stopped creating things and let the original developers create the game, afterall they are the ones that gave it the spark by taking the risk and if the risk turned out to do well, why not do it again? Leave the formula as is or expand on it but don't change it to something completely different and at worse don't claim its the same and remove elements that made it great.

Edited by NodUnit

Look ill buy Modern warfare 3 under these conditions

Good storyline that makes fucking sense IE Call of Duty 4 MW

No more Perk and Killstreak/deathstreak system bring it back to COD2 except you can create a class, weapon, secondary, camo, attachments and equipment thats it

No more futuristic stuff that aint even available yet IE tact insertions, heartbeat sensors

Bigger maps that I cant get spawn killed on over a thousand times per match or Noob tubed at the begging of a round.

Dedicated servers, please remove the gay Peer to peer shit

Make weapons handle REALISTICALLY, SWAY, RECOIL, Tracers, weight model, damage model, no more sniping with SMG's or pistols, and dolphin diving

New engine, im tried of this Doom shit graphic engine, please use ID tech 5 or something, with some actual next generation textures, shaders and animation

Customization of the maps and gametypes.

Free map packs, at least 1

New gameplay mechanics, Gore system, character wound modeling, realistic stanima, Leaning, Destructible cover objects actual realistic bullet penetration

since when can a 9mm bullet penetrate concrete IW? FPDR

I doubt this will ever happen oh well Ill KEEP ON DREAMIN!

Something that aint possible but ill ask anyways, No fucking children online, these dumb kids with their No scoping Interventions GTFO

Edited by Flash Thunder

Not aiming down the sights with the Cheytec sniper rifle and trying to get a kill with one shot.

Anyways, Flash Thunder, that's not going to happen, not when COD's biggest audience are console 'tards. ;)

Not aiming down the sights with the Cheytec sniper rifle and trying to get a kill with one shot.

Anyways, Flash Thunder, that's not going to happen, not when COD's biggest audience are console 'tards. ;)

And here I thought that only existed on counter strike with the awp.

Nope. I'll admit, I do it myself:

7blY_7b0uIM

That's quite the old video... Anyways, I do it just for some fun as it can be quite entertaining. The problem is when everyone's creating these COD-rules that you have to use a sniper in a certain way otherwise you're a noob. That shit is one of the many reasons why people hate COD players.

I don't see what the problem is with using it as a nonscoped weapon at that range, makes sense.

At that range, sure, but I also go for trick shots with them from large distances. Rarely do they hit, but they are fun to get. :p