Sign in to follow this  
Devil Dogs SF

Call of Duty 8...Yay

Sledgehammer Games is currently at work on Call Of Duty 8, which is due to arrive next year. And a Twitter post from a studio exec has teased the very first details of what we can expect.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=259407&site=cvg

Tiny details here about Call of Duty 8...I guess we should be pleased? I'm not, COD games are rolling off the conveyor belt with barely no improvement or change between games.

Edited by Devil Dogs SF

McShooter 2011 announced... *yawn*.

Although I have to admit, I bought MW2 (aka McShooter 2009) and got a couple of hours of fun out of the single player campaign. Then another few out of the multiplayer. And then it just got boring. There goes another 50€... but it was fun while it lasted. It's kind of a guilty pleasure, I guess.

...which is due to arrive next year...

Hah, seems like they just roll them off the production line. They could at least take 3 years on it and actually make it worthwhile. No thank you, Activision.

Anther one? Wait, CoD7 isnt even out yet and there talking about making the next one?

Anther one? Wait, CoD7 isnt even out yet and there talking about making the next one?

Well, it's not like there is much of a surprise here. There has been a new CoD every year since 2005. (The original was from 2003, so at least that one time there were two years between releases. Probably because the first games were both developed by IW.)

2003 - CoD

2005 - CoD 2

2006 - CoD 3

2007 - CoD MW

2008 - CoD WaW

2009 - CoD MW2

2010 - CoD Black Ops

2011 - "CoD 8"

Edited by MadDogX
Typo

Sounds like more of a money maker more than anything else. Just like the GR and R6 games are now.

lol @ the mcshooter comment. yep, pretty much an "old model with a new paint job assembly line shooter game".

they also make it easy to avoid the game by keeping to the whole "midget character model" doctrine. according to them, every soldier is shorter than 5'2.

I make a spoof every time I take a shit.

No doubt its just as brown and smelly as the modern CoD franchise is now eh?

MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK oh, wait, the milk's gone bad!!!

Take some bloody time to make your games, you can't just rush them like that. Gosh.

Uhm dunno if you guys know that but there are 2 teams working on 2 CoD titles in parallel, so each team has about 2 years to finish one.

I agree they dont seem to use a lot of time to get original ideas though, its always the same.

They're just turning CoD's out on a conveyer belt now. It sucks.

Unless this "Sledgehammer games" can do something new and innotive with the series to take it on a good direction. Its gonna just die.

Private Pyle, you had best square your ass away and start shitting me Call of Duty sequels... Or I will definitely fuck you up!

Well, it's not like there is much of a surprise here. There has been a new CoD every year since 2005. (The original was from 2003, so at least that one time there were two years between releases. Probably because the first games were both developed by IW.)

2003 - CoD

2004 - CoD UO

2005 - CoD 2

2006 - CoD 3

2007 - CoD MW

2008 - CoD WaW

2009 - CoD MW2

2010 - CoD Black Ops

2011 - "CoD 8"

You forgot United Offensive. So there's been a CoD every year since 2003. I wonder if the shit brand ever even dies.

You forgot United Offensive. So there's been a CoD every year since 2003. I wonder if the shit brand ever even dies.

Nothing can stop The Blob- err, Call of Duty franchise!

The difference was that CoD, CoD:UO, and CoD2 were actually enjoyable.

COD4, in my eyes, was a modern classic. At least it's singleplayer campaign was. The Aftermath mission propelled it to that for me. In the words of Yahtzee, it turned COD4 from an above average gunwank to an actually pretty excellent gunwank.

When I first played it, I felt strong emotions of shock and sadness. Hell, I almost cried. :butbut:

Shame that was the high point of the "new" series so far...

rhePLgfJoBQ

Yeah that was a great shock and awe moment..it's a shame they had to ruin it by overdoing it in MW2, I especially liked how the character was limping around, the entire scene was very atmospheric.

Damn theres a lot of hostility in this thread. Get a grip guys; each to their own.

Sometimes switching off and getting into what is a pretty cinematic and *fun* game is just whats needed. Other times people want something a little more complex, like ARMA.

MW2's SP was cinematic and fun, but it was stupid. Unbelievably stupid. COD4 on the other hand was more-or-less quite intelligent. I think the outrageousness of MW2's SP was a product of trying to do everything bigger and better. I still had fun playing it, but it was no where near as memorable as COD4's.

MW2's MP is just plain stupid, unbalanced, and full of kids. Literally. It doesn't matter if you're on the PC or a console, you have the same damn people screaming at you with their high-pitched voices or calling you a fag over the text chat. It's not fun, for me at least, even if I play with friends. I still play COD4 every now and again on PC.