Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

@greenythebeast

Are you asking if ACE works with the RUM_Assets fastrope, or are you asking how to use ACE fast rope?

I guess both? I wasn't aware they were two different things :)

ACE Fast Rope (without RUM) - http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Fast_Roping+howto

As for the fast roping with rum, you simple uses the demo missions and call a helo for insertion or shuffle, and set the second line to fast rope.

Please remember this thread is with regards to the RUM scripts not ACE, that's about as much assistance as you will get here with ACE features. I recomend using the search function and finding an ACE topic if you continue to have issues with it.

Edited by Ohally
brain fart

I have ACE, but I don't know how to enable the fast roping. How do you do it? :p

Both ACE and Norrin Fast Ropes are supported and they are automatically found if one or both are installed (addons being used) and then used when the fast rope selection has been made. :)

ACE Fast Rope (without RUM) - http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Fast_Roping+howto

As for the fast roping with rum, you simple uses the demo missions and call a helo for insertion or shuffle, and set the second line to fast rope.

Please remember this thread is with regards to the RUM scripts not ACE, that's about as much assistance as you will get here with ACE features. I recomend using the search function and finding an ACE topic if you continue to have issues with it.

Thanks Ohally... been away from the PC for a few days... :)

Hey Raptor, just a though

Perhaps a variable for setting fixed wing altitudes.

What I mean is having one option to set it's normal flight height, i.e. on station

and an option for it's attacking height

so you could have an aircraft stationed at 800m and when it does it's attack run it comes in at 200m

Think this could be done?

I agree, I think this would be a great idea... right now, time permitting, Draper and I are getting ready to release RUM 4.0 - should be a cleaned up version with hopefully all working features that are tested via single player and dedicated multiplayer. At this point, we are just testing and making some final changes and clean up to the code. Then at this point everything permitting, we have a list of new features and options to start stacking into version 4.1. I will note the feature you brought up, it is very similar to what I am doing with the Supply planes, so it should hopefully migrate well with the fixed wing strike aircraft.

Again, great idea...

-Raptor

Yes. Will be converted to A3 when we have a full game to work with.

Thanks Draper. I noticed in SVN there is an A3 version. I installed, but it says missing downloadable content "A3_Modules_F_Marta. I know this isn't officially released yet. Or is it? I would like to just mess with it as you go along. Do I need to download any other mods to get it working. I have ARMA 3 Beta, and CBA for ARMA 3. I Love This RUM Assets so PLEASE!

That module is in the developers version, (steam >> game properties >> beta >> select developer; I think is the way to do it.)

Ill warn you now alot doesn't work, some for not obvious reasons, which is a little annoying.

Thank You Sir. I Am Playing Around With It. Cant Wait Till Everything Comes Together!

---------- Post added at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 ----------

I Don't Know A lot About The Codes, But If I Can Help In Anyway Let Me Know

Don't mind Draper, he is just mad because he wants ALL of ARMA 3 now and not later... :) For the Dev editions, Altis will be here in another week or so... so we should be seeing some fast movers when that happens. Then the full release of A3 about 2 or 3 weeks later - so Draper, when they release it, what will be the new excuse... I mean, obsession??? Less dreaming, more coding... :P

ok, ok, ok... I guess I will help too!!! JJ

More coming soon...

-Raps

Awesome guys, thanks for continuing the work, this is the best Support mod out there! Looking forward to A3 support.

Sept 12th cannot come fast enough. But my excuse then will be, they broke fireAtTarget command, they took out the module arty call for fire template, etc. Don't test my abilities to complain and blame the other guy. That's what I got you for Raptor! :)

Hello. Just Wondering If There Is Anything New Going On With RUM Assets. I Still Use The Latest Version For Arma 3 (Beta4) But Haven't Heard Anything Bout It Lately. I Love This MOD/Addon.

Sorry to dig this thread up but I just started using this and I'm having some trouble. When I call for a ATGM shot and the aircraft asks for sparkle, I'm assuming that means deisnate the target with a SOFLAM? But when I do so, the aircraft doesn't fire (yes I have batteries in and I am actively painting a target with the laser). Am I missing a step or doing something wrong? Thanks

Btw I'm playing with ACE, and this is on the Utes sample mission

Hello. Just Wondering If There Is Anything New Going On With RUM Assets. I Still Use The Latest Version For Arma 3 (Beta4) But Haven't Heard Anything Bout It Lately. I Love This MOD/Addon.

Yes, there is still progress happening on RUM Assets, it has been slow due to RL issues with both Draper and I, but there has been progress made. Will see about updating the SVN site with the latest soon. :D

Thank you for the continued support, we also love this MOD as well..:D

-Raps

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Sorry to dig this thread up but I just started using this and I'm having some trouble. When I call for a ATGM shot and the aircraft asks for sparkle, I'm assuming that means deisnate the target with a SOFLAM? But when I do so, the aircraft doesn't fire (yes I have batteries in and I am actively painting a target with the laser). Am I missing a step or doing something wrong? Thanks

Btw I'm playing with ACE, and this is on the Utes sample mission

it may help if you could share your mission so I can see it in action, There have been some issues in the past with the ATGM option but have been solved in later versions... I know that the A2 version may still have issues and has been depreciated due to moving over to A3 but would be willing to have a look at the issues you currently are having to help maybe bring it up to speed. :D

-Raps

Yes, there is still progress happening on RUM Assets, it has been slow due to RL issues with both Draper and I, but there has been progress made. Will see about updating the SVN site with the latest soon. :D

Thank you for the continued support, we also love this MOD as well..:D

-Raps

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

it may help if you could share your mission so I can see it in action, There have been some issues in the past with the ATGM option but have been solved in later versions... I know that the A2 version may still have issues and has been depreciated due to moving over to A3 but would be willing to have a look at the issues you currently are having to help maybe bring it up to speed. :D

-Raps

It's just the sample mission(s) that comes with the RUM download. I tried it on the sample Takistan one and the sample Utes one. I didn't make my own. All the other functions work fine like CAS and stuff, the aircraft just won't fire on my laser spot when I select ATGM. SlammanDan PMed me one of his usermade missions, I will try it out when I get a chance and see if it works with theirs.

It's just the sample mission(s) that comes with the RUM download. I tried it on the sample Takistan one and the sample Utes one. I didn't make my own. All the other functions work fine like CAS and stuff, the aircraft just won't fire on my laser spot when I select ATGM. SlammanDan PMed me one of his usermade missions, I will try it out when I get a chance and see if it works with theirs.

ok, let me know how it goes...

-Raps