Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

That's great Draper I am very pleased with how it works, if you need any help testing on a Dedi just let me know!

Thanks

Vengeance

Fixed wing transport is almost ready for the next release... just a few more small details to work out. If all works well, there will be the ability to have a static transport option from an airport which would allow the player to define what kind of insertion they would like at the start. (halo jump or para jump, etc...) from really any number of transport type planes like C-130 or Osprey for example. Lots of other improvements as well... like the possibility of a definable supply drop via chopper or fixed wing... still in the works but also looking good too. :) Draper, get back with me as soon as you can...

-Raptor

RUM is entirely an interface for players to call various support assets. There are many options for AI arty, UPSMON probably being one of the easiest to implement.

@WallyJas

For the aircraft AI to orient themselves they need a taxi way. In-game its the "small strip" next to the "big strip". Those remote airports I don't think have them. However it may also be obstacles in their way. Even if your on tarmac they slow to a stop and bump forward if a plane is parked near by. Ultimately that's what BIS gave us to work with, and I'm not sure it could be improved. (impose a minimum speed? idk just thinking)

harkkam08

You could try to set the artillery to a non-combative behavior. Simple way point in the editor probably would suffice. I don't know if this means they will never fire and not do arty missions but you could test it out. lmk if that fixes the issue.

Hi draper I'm still having the same problem, for some reason my character relays enemy coordinates to my artillery some how and the artillery starts launching shells on its own without me using the RUM system.

Is there a way to stop this?

I tried to the waypoint trick but it didnt work

Anyone done a WW2 (I44) and/or a Vietnam support template using time period era addons/bombs, napalm, arty, etc?

[EDIT]

Working on a Vietnam era support but awaiting updates to the sling support and bomb renaming.

Working on WW2 British/USA/German support but awaiting bomb renaming and hopefully trasport aircraft for paradrops.

Edited by Tankieboy2

Having snags with the recall of transit helo's and fixed wing's. All works well for the first call but the second request on the same aircraft it just sits on its pad and a hint shows saying its airborne?

Also can not get the sling load suppy to work?

Please help as its a great set of assets that enhance this wonderful game, but very anoying that I cant get some elements working!

AFAIK this hasn't been maintained or update for a long time. We had quite a few issues with it in MP (lots of wait commands in the scripts were playing havoc with the server), so we're using alternative OS stuff at the moment (Mando's Air Support Console and Bon's Artillery)

Life has both of us at the moment, but progress is happening... ;D

Tankieboy2

Having snags with the recall of transit helo's and fixed wing's. All works well for the first call but the second request on the same aircraft it just sits on its pad and a hint shows saying its airborne?

Also can not get the sling load suppy to work?

Most of these issues I have worked out. I am working with Draper on the RUM Assets and hopefully will have a new version release soon once I am able to consult with Draper some more on the project. Hang in there... its looking good...

Sling loading is also fixed... Will try and get some screen shots up soon...

friznit2

AFAIK this hasn't been maintained or update for a long time. We had quite a few issues with it in MP (lots of wait commands in the scripts were playing havoc with the server), so we're using alternative OS stuff at the moment (Mando's Air Support Console and Bon's Artillery)

there are some issues that have been addressed and hopefully with the next release, one way or another, the goods will be forth-coming... :)

-VRCRaptor

Ah, thats great news. Thanks for the reply, I was starting to think no one would reply!

Works realy well with the vietnam and WW2 addons. A thought on the WW2 play, can you add transport planes with paradrop?

Also be able to rename the bombs from JDAM, Mines, etc to Napalm, etc.

Super, this has been one of my most fav'd & used mods for OA . . . Looking forward to the latest revision, keep up the good work..

I am looking forward to getting it released... if all goes well, I will have some teaser shots soon... :)

Goina wind them up and get them all excited, huh?

Hey i am excited! I use this script as a "must have " in my missions!

Can't ...... wait ...... any .... longer (to get these scripts into my mission :) )

Draper,

Will you be including your Supply Script in the update? It's about the only think missing from a complete package.

Thanks