Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

Just thought I would help here... I was having an issue with the spawned transport heli's not having both gunners in it. Here is what I found as to being the issue. After I changed it, all is working fine now and both gunners are onboard and doing their thing :)

original code in the "callTrans_spwn.sqf" file under the THel folder.

_grp2 = createGroup side player;
_crew = [];
_cfg=configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeof _helo >> "turrets";
for [{_[color="Red"]n=1[/color]},{_n<=(count _cfg)},{_n=_n+1}] do {
_gunner = _grp2 createUnit [RUM_THEL_Pilot, getpos _spwn, [], 0, "FORM"];
_gunner moveinTurret [_helo,[_n]];
_helo lockTurret [[_n], true];
if!(_gunner in crew _helo)then{deleteVehicle _gunner};
};

Changed to this to make it work...

_grp2 = createGroup side player;
_crew = [];
_cfg=configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeof _helo >> "turrets";
for [{_[color="Green"]n=0[/color]},{_n<=(count _cfg)},{_n=_n+1}] do {
_gunner = _grp2 createUnit [RUM_THEL_Pilot, getpos _spwn, [], 0, "FORM"];
_gunner moveinTurret [_helo,[_n]];
_helo lockTurret [[_n], true];
if!(_gunner in crew _helo)then{deleteVehicle _gunner};
};

Hope this helps out a bit as well as for anyone else that might noticed and had the issue where only one gunner was in the transport helo. :)

Cheers

VRCRaptor

Hi Draper,

Found a little bug with the THel. If I have 2 of them working operations around a map, and both need some type of Move On! input, the system gets confused and will only have the callsign for one of them (but doubled up on action menu).

Example - I have Baluga and Dophin set to extract. They both get to their correct places and are waiting. But as I tasked Baluga first I get 2 Baluga: Move On! in the action menu.

Any idea how to fix it ?

By the way LOVING these scripts. My airports are full of scripted action. Did you ever get around to scripting an automated airport system (that could use the AHel, THel and Fxd that are already present for making dummy runs (no drops required)) ??

I know you say this hasnt been tested enough in a dedicated enviroment, but has anyone had it fully functional? I seem to have ran into a problem with the artillery, on the dedi server you can request arty, it gets to the dialog of authenticating but then nothing, the arty battery's just sit there.

Although it took a bit of trial & error at the start, we've been using it on and off on ops since November last year and it still works really rather well (and mostly for artillery, too)

@VRCRaptor

Thanks a bunch for that! will be sure to fix in a future release.

@Kremator

Ok, I'll work on that. Probably using the same variable over again when it should be unique. It'll take me some time to fix but certainly doable.

Haven't done any ambiance script. Once though for a mission I set up a helo to just be on a loop using only waypoints in the editor. I had them move to, come back, getout, getin, cycle. Probably would work with airplanes too.

@Shadow.D.^BOB^

It sort of just occurred to me that often I've miss named a unit or logic in the RUM_init.sqf or in the editor and that causes things to just do nothing, while dialogs fire anyway. I'll try to work up a error handling to warn people when that happens.

Hey Draper, I decided to use your RUM Assets rather than the Air Support scripts ..... these are sensational, thank you.

I'm having a little trouble with the RUM Settings and having/not having certain assets available.

I am only using the Attack Helo and Transport Helo player add actions and Im only wanting one of each. However if I delete one of the transport or attack choppers in your RUM Settings, it crashes it all and when I call it up in game the PDA screen is blank.

What do I need to do to adjust the number of units available in game please mate?

Cheers,

Jas

One point when removing/adding units is you have to make sure the syntax of the rum settings file still works for the lists of assets available, example:

RUM_ArtyBatts = [
[RUM_arty1,"F11 York + Edinburgh Battery 1","howitzer",2],
[RUM_arty1a,"F11 York + Edinburgh Battery 2","howitzer",2],
[RUM_arty2,"F12 St Albans","howitzer",1]
];

All lines before last line always need a comma, last line doesn't have one

DaveP has the right idea. Each array has to be a clean set of arrays following the template.

So something like...

RUM_ArtyBatts = [
[RUM_arty1,"F11 York + Edinburgh Battery 1","howitzer",2],
       [ ],
[RUM_arty1a,"F11 York + Edinburgh Battery 2","howitzer",2],
[RUM_arty2,"F12 St Albans","howitzer",1]
];

... would also barf the code.

Sensational, thanks guys that worked a treat. I've got one more question; I have a UH-60 as one of my transport choppers. However he thinks himself more of a gunship as when Iask him for an insertion, all he does is engage the enemy and forgets about the insertion. Any way I can fix this please? I love it that his guns are blazing but I would prefer he landed and let the troops out before he got distracted. :)

I can have a look later for the code segment for you. Don't have access to my pc currently.

I can have a look later for the code segment for you. Don't have access to my pc currently.

Kremator,

Do you mean this one in CallTrans.sqf

_grp2 setCombatMode "RED"; // Make this BLUE

_grp2 setBehaviour "COMBAT";

Draper,

I have been playing with your scripts and am trying to figure out how to get the strike aircraft to return home and do the delete vehicle as they should but when you call them, they do the strike mostly and then they return back to the start area only to circle it and not delete as they should in the code... this is for fixed wing... I have found that if you station a plane and then do the strike, it will return back tot he spawn point and delete as it should but not the other way around...

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Hey, for all you tranport junkies like me, try using the little bird as one of your transport options... here is a bit of code I use for when I call on one to pick me and drop me off... I use the spawn transport option... I am sure this would work for air assets already at the airport... just modify it for your needs... also I have changed the FlyInHeight option to 40 and have yet to have the AI put me in the dirt... makes for a nice NoE flight... hope this helps... lov'n the transports... Great job Draper... lets keep up the good work. If I can help in anyway, let me know... I usually have nothing but time on my hands since I work nights and the family is asleep. :)

Rum_Settings.sqf file - under transport spawn section

["RUM_THEL6","MH-6J 'Little Bird'","MH6J_EP1",RUM_airspawn],
["RUM_THEL8","MH-6J 'Sparrow'","MH6J_EP1",RUM_airspawn],

Dont forget about the comma at the end if you add this to the end of your array, be sure to remove the last one as stated on a previous post. :)

RUM_THEL_flyHeight = 40;

Cancel that ... was using an old version of RUM !

Edited by Kremator

Draper,

Found a typo in the callStrike_spwn.sqf

if(!alive _plane)exitwith{hint "[color="Red"]plnae [/color]in flight";};

if(!alive _plane)exitwith{hint "[color="SeaGreen"]plane [/color]in flight";};

I will try and call them when I see them... just noticed it... :)

oh and there was also a flase typo as well ... cant remember where it was though !

The above typo wont effect game though.

oh and there was also a flase typo as well ... cant remember where it was though !

The above typo wont effect game though.

yeah, I know it wont affect the game but we might as well correct items for the next release... these are easy greasy to correct. :)

Here is the term that you were referring too... :)

combat_insertion.sqf

Line 57: {setVehicleinit format ["%1 allowDamage [color="Red"]flase[/color]",_x]}foreach _group;
Line 60: {setVehicleinit format ["%1 allowDamage [color="red"]flase[/color]",_x]}foreach crew _vehicle;
Line 112: 		    {_x EnableAI 'ANIM';setVehicleinit format ["%1 allowDamage [color="red"]flase[/color]",_x]; sleep 0.5} foreach _group;

Edited by VRCRaptor

question for you... have you got the combat landings to work at all... I am still not able to get them to work, the helo gets to the drop point and then just hovers... any ideas... everything looks to be right, just cant tell without adding more and more to the code to try and force it... :|

Nope combat landings are not working for me.

Even worse is that I have quite a few west vehicles on an airport. If I get an AHel or THel on a task they open fire on friendlies !!! Haven't a clue why as everything is west.

hmmm... I have not had that issue... you have a mission file i can look at... I dont use the airport array, i spawn mine in at this time but when I was testing the other, I didnt notice that issue... I had the issue where the AI went guns happy when near enemy areas as such... working on the Combat Landings tonight... hopefully will have some sort of an idea on what is causing it... Draper is using the combat landing script from Armaholic and I have it working fine as a standalone... dont know yet...

I'm still having REAL problems with this mission. I cannot see WHY aircraft are going rogue. I'm not convinvced that the gunners quite right in the head :)

I'll PM you the link for the mission VRCRaptor.

sounds good... that way I can see what you are looking at a little easier.. also, have you got the sling load to work also... I am having an issue with it just flying to location and dropping it off... didnt know if there was a fix/work around for it yet... still looking at the combat landings... no luck yet, but feel as though I am getting closer to the solution. hmmm...