Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

@Xeilo

Bollocks! I swapped pilot classname to OA at last minute and put "US_Pilot_EP1" rather then "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1" for the pilot class name in the Taki settings script. Change that and it should run, and explains why its just the Taki map...

@WallyJas

Ok, I'm going to figure this out right now and get back to you...

I played around with the demo missions and I have a question - do transports and attack helis should always be empty? Or can I assign a full crew to them and the script will still work?

Because it causes bugs and awkward looking things. Like f.e. I saw how after landing at the base pilots went out of the chopper and then disappeared into the thin air (Utes demo).

Or black hawks started on their own without pilots but flew nowhere (Takistan)

@metalcraze

Yes they have to be empty, the script will crew them when its called. It makes easier to crew and recrew (they have to exit the vehicle to be deleted properly) but I guess it's not really necessary. I could have it start with a crewed vehicle but would have to have a way to recrew if a gunner or pilot got shot out or whenever the whole aircraft went down. But you make a good point so I'll work on it in the future.

In other news the respawn didn't work as simply as I thought, turns out when you have an array RUM_aircraft = [RUM_bird1,...] and you do a setvehiclevarName using "RUM_bird1" it transforms RUM_aircraft to = [<objnull>,...], very frustrating but I got away around it. That plus fixing the Taki map classname change and heres the next version to test...

RUM Beta 2c

Edited by Draper

Awesome will test this now, thanks for all your work :)

--

Used all the callsigns available in the demo mission and all seems to be working well so far, great stuff. I will add this into a mission I play around in and keep testing.

Edited by Xeilo

I could have it start with a crewed vehicle but would have to have a way to recrew if a gunner or pilot got shot out or whenever the whole aircraft went down.

Well you can put it this way - losing a crew or an aircraft should be a realistic consequence for the player so the assets won't be used carelessly.

Having an issue. My mission is set up so that your first task is to report to HQ and and the file you pick up at HQ triggers the mission i.e. loc, spawn grps ext. The artillery module works when I test it prior to accepting mission but after mission (s) selection the Artillery hangs after transmitting targe to battery-the dialogue never shows up to initiate Arty. Also happens following a map click halo isertion script. Ideas?

Well it sounds like something your doing in the spawning of units, tasks, etc. is causing the problem, but I honestly can't imagine anything you would do would interfere. When all of this happens does something pop up in the error .rpt file? And do you mean that after doing a helo insertion the arty stops working? I'm kinda at a loss I don't know what would be doing that... I would probably have to see the mission to test it.

Hi Draper, got an error when I told OnStation to RTB it went to Ingress and stopped, do you think this line missing in AHEL/RTB.sqf

Line 22:

_stg = format ["%1 action ['Land', %1]",_helo];

Edited by vengeance1

Draper just wondering if you are considering putting a few things in, like a radius shown on the map for artillery, pop smoke for transport heli and also add more features to the script such as medivac and supply drop? I would love to see that added on.

@vengeance1

what is line 22 in that script is not necessary, the setwaypointstatements is not doing anything there. Delete it and it should work, _stg = format ["%1 action ['Land', %1]",_helo]; is what makes the helo land right where it is.

@Xeilo

If your wondering about showing artillery ranges I do have that implemented, click a battery and then the bottom center-left button, bottom center-right removes the selected batteries ranges on map. (at the end of all the scripting I'll have to write a training manual for all of this...) As far as smoke, sure that's an option I can do

Well it sounds like something your doing in the spawning of units, tasks, etc. is causing the problem, but I honestly can't imagine anything you would do would interfere. When all of this happens does something pop up in the error .rpt file? And do you mean that after doing a helo insertion the arty stops working? I'm kinda at a loss I don't know what would be doing that... I would probably have to see the mission to test it.

Im using UPSMON spawn and I think thats the issue. I reffered to a HALO insertion (not yours- Has a teleport to Static C130 incorported) to show that the teleport was also screwin with it. There was ALOT of spawning going on, 3 differnt tasks with 5-8 possibilities per task, using UPSMON. So I swithed to CRB random patrols off of Game logics and just activiating set to trigger based on a random pos and that seems to have cleared up the issue. Will keep informed.

Thanks for the sugestion

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

And great scripts!!!

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

As for the error message " error .rpt file" you asked about the answer is no. The cordinates would show up in upper right hand corner (as usual) then that would be it. The dialogue prompt confirming the script would never come up.

Hiya Draper,

Have been trying to use your artillery alongside R3F Arty and Logistics system but cannot make yours work. Any ideas how I could get them talking to eachother ?

I want to be able for the GameMaster (through Virtual Training System) to be able to control arty through your interface, but the players through R3F command quarter.

Cheers. Really loving what you have done so far. Still think that you could make a living airport with these scripts :)

Im using UPSMON spawn and I think thats the issue. I reffered to a HALO insertion (not yours- Has a teleport to Static C130 incorported) to show that the teleport was also screwin with it. There was ALOT of spawning going on, 3 differnt tasks with 5-8 possibilities per task, using UPSMON. So I swithed to CRB random patrols off of Game logics and just activiating set to trigger based on a random pos and that seems to have cleared up the issue. Will keep informed.

Thanks for the sugestion

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

And great scripts!!!

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

As for the error message " error .rpt file" you asked about the answer is no. The cordinates would show up in upper right hand corner (as usual) then that would be it. The dialogue prompt confirming the script would never come up.

Rebuilt mission and am still having the same issue. Where can I upload mission if your interested in checking?

@vengeance1

what is line 22 in that script is not necessary, the setwaypointstatements is not doing anything there. Delete it and it should work, _stg = format ["%1 action ['Land', %1]",_helo]; is what makes the helo land right where it is.

I am sorry perhaps I am not being clear, this is what you have:

_wp setWaypointType "MOVE";

_wp setWaypointStatements ["true",_stg];

_stg is not defined and it gets a script error.

Need Help, I can not get the plane to land at Airport other than Airport 0, I have tried this so far:

_stg = format ["%1 action ['landAt 1', %1]",_plane];

_stg = format ["%1 action ['%1 landAt 1', %1]",_plane];

But plane just circles like it does not know next action.

Perhaps it should be this: That fixed it for me

_wp setWaypointStatements ["true",""];

Also:

in callCAS.sqf has this line which I think you want commented out as you used it for testing not sure?

hint format ["%1",_this];

Worked for me.

Edited by vengeance1

Also another thing I thought of, is it possible to be able to set a option on how high the planes are on station?

HI there. LOVE your work!

Specially the arty... just .. wow :)

of course i have a couple of problems / questions though..

-Is there a way to increase the accuracy for the laser painted arty?

they seem to fall short by 10-30 meters which seems to make the laser redundant imho.

-along the same line: the A-10's drop gbu's but only recieve target calls via map click. Laser target would be awesome there.

-i cant seem to get the attack chopper working.. at all. i did not change anything in your script, just copied and pasted the files into my new mission folder and ctrl-c / ctrl-v all items from the editor map. - arty works fine, so does the transport. the a-10's are a bit temperamental though in general seem to listen :) except for the 3rd plane.. which seems to be circling around somewhere.

when i call for CAS i get the radio dialog but theres no sign of any AH-64.

granted, i just got back to arma after a years break and as usual it takes me a bit to get back into the flow of mission editing and scripting :)

but any advise would be greatly appreciated.

keep up the great work!

@Kempco

just put it on megaupload or rapidshare and PM me the link and I can try to look at it when if I get a chance.

@Kremator

Thats a doosey, there shouldn't be any variable contamination since i had everything with RUM_ in front and I suspect R3F did the same with some other identifier. As long as you define which are RUM arty pieces and which are R3F I think there shouldn't be a problem, but I'd have to look more carefully to say for sure, again if I get a chance Ill try to make a mission combing the two.

@vengeance1

I thought you were talking about the attack helos RTB'ing? But the line for _stg to land a plane should be, I think, _stg = format ["%1 landAt 1",_plane]; I dont know how that would work with it being "" (effectivly blank), that wouldn't get it to land (although it wouldn't produce a syntax error like the lines you showed) unless the AI's FSM for a getout waypoint is to land the plane first at the nearest airport which I don't know if that would happen or not.

@Xeilo

Should just be able to modify the flyinheght in the RUM_setttings.sqf

@Mc Speedfreak

- The arty is using the BIS module (there the ones to really thank for that) so getting the laser arty more accurate would be difficult as I would have to go in and modify the BIS scripts.

- The laser targeting is possible, I'm also working on LGB's being available which are being problematic because when I script a trajectory they fly funny (I've tried to look for the BIS code that controls LGB's flight path but had no luck if anyone has more info on this please let me know. Could it be an LGB is a low speed missile in the ARMA2 universe?)

- Does the attack helos not work in the demo missions? maybe there is something wrong in the settings to define the editor helos, if not it may be a bigger problem, check error .rpt file in your application data file.

For some reason when I spot a enemy now the m119 artillery guns seem to automatically fire at them even when they are not in visual distance of them. They are the only ones to do it.

...if not it may be a bigger problem, check error .rpt file in your application data file.

oh wow, didnt even know about this file yet hehe.

but i found no sign of any RUM message in there.

I've just had a little go at getting R3F and RUM working together but it seems either/or but not both.

With Arty logic enabled and sync'd your pieces fire and hit, but R3F pieces fire and rounds never drop.

With arty logic NOT enabled R3F pieces fire and drop but yours don't even fire.

Any way to get yours to fire without arty logic ? Or is there a duplication of logics that is confusing the engine ?

@McSpeedfreak

Well if nothing pops up as an error then it may be something with the port over to another mission.

@Kremator

The RUM pieces are dependent on the BIS module, not doing so would make things alot more complicated. So R3F doesn't work at all if an arty module is running? That seems really weird. Since I know RUM just won't work without it, I'd try to see why R3F can't run with an arty module. I have a feeling it wont be an easy answer since I would have figured them to be totally independent naturally.

"@vengeance1

I thought you were talking about the attack helos RTB'ing?"

Sorry for mixing Helo's and Planes.

Attack Helo:

Yes I was talking about Helo's and it does get an error. So just try this, do your RUM Takistan demo, tell the Stationed Attack Helo to RTB and if you have script errors turned on you will see ERROR LINE 22, I believe it is because _stg is not defined.

Plane:

Thanks for the suggestion works like a champ!

_stg = format ["%1 landAt 1",_plane];

Vengeance

Edited by vengeance1

Atrillery works fine before a task is initiated and after a task is inititiated it does not. Example of a task: "Vehicle" Triggers are setup at multiple locations set to spawn the enemy units at that area if a particular unit/vehicle is present. In this example, if the warlord is present at a certain location the following enemy units will be spawned at that location.

Warlords (Name=WL) initfield:

_nil = execVM "MyScripts\Tsk1_Warlord\PlaceWarlord.sqf";

PlaceWarlord.sqf

_where = floor random 5;

_WLArray =

["WL1","WL2","WL3","WL4","WL5","WL6"];

_WLMarker = _WLArray select _where;

WL setpos getmarkerpos _WLMarker;

Trigger Name: WL_Pos_1

Condtion: Vehicle=Present (Vehicle = WL)

Activation: _nil = execVM "MyScripts\Tsk1_Warlord\WarlordPos_1.sqf";

WarlordPos_1.sqf

0 = [position WL_1_Patrol_1, "Infantry", 150, "BIS_TK_INS"] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_taskPatrol.sqf";

0 = [position WL_1_Patrol_2, "Infantry", 150, "BIS_TK_INS"] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_taskPatrol.sqf";

0 = [position WL_1_Patrol_3, "Infantry", 150, "BIS_TK_INS"] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_taskPatrol.sqf";

0 = [position WL_1_Defend_1, "Infantry","BIS_TK_INS"] execVM "crb_scripts\crB_taskDefend.sqf";

0 = [position WL_1_Defend_2, "Infantry","BIS_TK_INS"] execVM "crb_scripts\crB_taskDefend.sqf";

0 = [position WL_1_Defend_3, "Infantry","BIS_TK_INS"] execVM "crb_scripts\crB_taskDefend.sqf";

0 = [position WL_1_Defend_Veh_1, "Motorized","BIS_TK_INS"] execVM "crb_scripts\crB_taskDefend.sqf";

0 = [position WL_1_Defend_Veh_2, "Motorized","BIS_TK_INS"] execVM "crb_scripts\crB_taskDefend.sqf";

sleep 1;

BG1 setPosASL[5656.22,8913.35,82.1475];

BG1 setDir -140;

nul = [bG1,45,"COMBAT","Middle"] execVM "scripts\GuardPost.sqf";

BG2 setPos ((position BG2 nearestObject 58499) buildingPos 0);

BG2 setDir -190;

nul = [bG2,90,"COMBAT","Middle"] execVM "scripts\GuardPost.sqf";

BG3 setPosASL[5661.76,8886.02,87.3537];

BG3 setDir -20;

nul = [bG3,90,"COMBAT","Middle"] execVM "scripts\GuardPost.sqf";

WL setposASL[5649.06,8910.43,82.1614];

WL setDir -285;

nul = [WL,45,"Careless","Middle"] execVM "scripts\GuardPost.sqf";

WL_SUV SetPosASL [5687.98,8908.23,81.9475];

WL_SuV setDir -10;

BG1 DisableAI "Move";

BG2 DisableAI "Move";

BG3 DisableAI "Move";

WL DisableAI "Move";

Sleep 1;

"WL_Marker" setMarkerPos getPos loc_Bastam;

"WL_Marker" setMarkerType "Warning";

"WL" setMarkerPos getPos loc_Bastam;

"WL" setMarkerSize [250, 250];

"WL" setMarkerDir 0;

SetWarlord = true;

PublicVariable = "setWarlord";

:confused::confused:

Any Sugestions? Same thing happened when I used UPSMON spawn as well.

Edited by Kempco