Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

Summary

So I've been working on some updates to my previous scripts for air support and decide to add some arty as well into a new dialog system. Right now its mostly functional and could use some testing and such so I figure I'd let you all mess with it.

Now my work is under the title of RUM for a collaboration between me, Meatball0311, and an anonymous US Army FO. So I've tried to make things "realistic-ish" by throwing in brevity codes in dialogs and the whole system of "on station" aircraft. BUT, there is only so much I could script for so a 9 line request is more like a 4 line request :)

Latest Version Beta 2c includes...

Artillery (As many options to fully utilize the BIS Arty Module)

Fixed Strike Aircraft (JDAM,CBU(AP),CBU(AT),CBU(Mines))

Attack Rotor (CAS,Direct fire ATGM)

Transport Rotor (Insert, Extract, Shuffle)

Aircraft can be spawned in mid air or be based at an airport.

Rotor assets can deploy from an LHD.

Aircraft can respawn.

and more to come...

HOW TO USE:

The gist is when in game you use 0-8 communication menu select RUM then select the types of support, which then pulls up the PDA dialog, you select what you want and click on the transmit button on the far left at the bottom. Far right is the close without transmitting. You can also use action menus too if you like (see init.sqf).

Out of game you can set all the predefined definitions via the RUM_Settings.sqf to cater it too a specific mission. In there I have add comments as to what each variable does and how to setup the libraries for aircraft. Copy over the necessary info from the init.sqf and the description.ext to your own.

D/L

@ Armaholic

@ ArmedAssault.info

Edited by Draper

Can you upload this as a PBO? Im getting errors with your download. :confused:

Your upload does not contain RUM/common ...etc with files placed in the appropriate folders which is making the game CTD.

Edited by cobra4v320

Here it is but it would be harder for you to edit and see inside, just put the folder in you My Documents/ArmA2/missions folder. All the files are in there so I'm not sure hat you mean.

*BAD LINK*

Edited by Draper

Maybe its my winZip, but its not showing up with the folders RUM\Common...etc in your download or with the files in the right location in order for the mission to work. Maybe its just me.

Huh, I tried d/l it myself from Megaupload and got all the files, maybe use win RAR instead.

The second upload works for me but there is an error:

RUM\Assets\artySup\callforfire.sqf not found

you are missing the folder Assets.

Deleted winzip and using winrar the folders show up except for the error above.

Edited by cobra4v320

Oh, now I know what my malfunction is, older version, srry :)

Updated first post

Draper, this is FANTASTIC mate !

Very nice indeed. Still having great fun 'blowing shit up'!

Good job !

Draper these are awesome, do you have a timeline of when you will release the helicopter support as well? Really looking forward to that!!! :bounce3:

@All

Thanks guys.

@Cobra

I'm not sure. Since I'm the main scripter, I dont have too much help to write the scripts and I only have so much free time. Transport I think will be easy, but for Attack Helos I would like for there to be options for precision strikes from a stand-off location, rather then just search and destroy, and that may take some time to perfect, but it is the next big thing I want to do for it.

This is a cool script, i like how they actually land and take off from the airfield when getting support.

question though, payloads, are the bombs/explosions spawned? any chance of the plane actually dropping bombs so you would se the GBU fall.

and perhaps the A10 doing GAU, Hydra, Maverick runs instead of just bombing??

other than that keep up the good work, ill be sure to follow the development of this :)

So the bombs are spawned 10 meters under (any less and the plane and bomb may touch) and a guidance takes over that calculates the trajectory from where it spawned to the target and then I remove the effect air resistance in the game by continually setting it to the calculated velocity. It would just be an added problem to try and have the aircraft do a doFire and wait for the guidance to kick in when its away. Also you might not see the bomb fall if you don't squint (zoom the camera in) if you see it without squinting your probably too close.

And yeah my original scripts had the A10 CAS, which is simply a search and destroy waypoint but I haven't thought of a good way to incorporate that in now with the multiple bombs load out.

Hey Draper,

Is there a chance that you could release a Takistan version of that demo ..... while Chenarus is fine, Takistan is where it is at baby :)

Oh BTW how easy would it to be to integrate this with something like gonza and L'etranger's VTS, as that would be the dog's danglies ?

Cheers mate !

Draper that's a great script, the new multiple bombing run is fun and the arty tool is awesome.

i wish you could add helo transport from your previous script and maybe paradrop ammo crate from plane or helo that would be a all in one script.

Draper that's a great script, the new multiple bombing run is fun and the arty tool is awesome.

i wish you could add helo transport from your previous script and maybe paradrop ammo crate from plane or helo that would be a all in one script.

Perhaps in the fullness of time. I just need a simple way to integrate this into missions.

If you have combined operations you can merge it into Takistan in the editor and move things around, but for OA standalone I'll have to do some more tweaking (like the bombs used are not in OA). If I don't run into to many problems I can get one out soon.

And Camus yeah helicopters, and supply drops are planned as well, the idea being to create an all-in-one pack of Assets.

If you have combined operations you can merge it into Takistan in the editor and move things around, but for OA standalone I'll have to do some more tweaking (like the bombs used are not in OA). If I don't run into to many problems I can get one out soon.

And Camus yeah helicopters, and supply drops are planned as well, the idea being to create an all-in-one pack of Assets.

WOW is all I can say! Looking forward to it mate.

Have been playing much more with this Draper and I love it. What would be EVEN better is for the static planes to be able to taxi properly to the start of the run and then taxi properly back to the end position. I wouldnt mind them rotating when they got to the end of the taxi of course (plane maneuvering is HARD !)

Just to let you know, I have made a mission with gonza and L'Etranger's VTS, your RUM and madbull's R3F. That and LordJarhead's sound and Opticalsnare's WARFX this is JUST AMAZING !

However I have also run up against a problem with the arty. When I run this script with madbull's R3F Arty and Logistics your arty doesnt work at all. There is a conflict but I don't know how to solve it yet.

Looking forward to seeing C130s, Hueys and Blackhawks on transport runs and cobras and apaches on attack runs.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !

Yeah I just tried to skip having planes taxi, might try it later. I would suspect it would be a dialog define conflict. Go into the .hpp files and look to see that the #define lines equal different numbers. They should be unique considering all script packs.

Will have to look at the scripts as I managed to get a plane onto station but then as the aircraft climbed (instead of saying JDAM,JDAM) it said 'array'. I've prolly screwed up.

Will trawl through the dialogs to see if I can see a conflict.

CANNOT wait until the next version. This is the dog's danglies ! BRAVO !

EDIT: One idea would be to mark the position of dropped mines for all players (and JIP) on the map.

Edited by Kremator

Did I miss the instructions on how to use this? Nothing in the notes and I didn't see anything in the thread.

Just have a play with it.... open up the init.sqf, description.ext and mission.sqm and look around.

Very easy to modify!