miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

miles any updates about the addon last time we spoke u told me everything was ready hope everything is well with the lobo team

Sorry to bump this, but I'm having trouble with the infantry while using the ACE configs, they crash the game to desktop while loading in editor but work just fine without the configs and the only other mod I had enabled was JSRS. Vehicles however work just fine.

Also tried it without JSRS activated and it still crashed.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

The Lost Brothers - Israeli Defense Force Mod Pack

by

Miles Teg, Namman2, Gooncorp, Contrails, Zzez, and other helping hands from United Operations

Description:

Better, late then never, I’ve finally released the IDF pack for ArmA2 as I figured I might as well since everyone’s still waiting for more content in ArmA3 and since the ArmA2 community is still very much alive. I also wanted to get this monkey off my back so I can concentrate now on working on ArmA3.

Features:

This pack includes the following:

Infantry:

- Golani infantry (regular IDF infantry)

- Golani infantry with Mitznefet helmet cover

- Special Forces (approximating Sayeret Matkal)

- Naval Commandos (approximating Shayetet 13)

All units are duplicated also with older M4 carbine loadouts as used up until recently by the IDF.

Infantry Weapons:

- Tavor assault rifles (standard, grenadier, and marksman variants with various optics and iron sights.

- Negev light machine gun

- Remington 870 shotgun (3 variants)

- Mossberg 590 shotgun (shorty)

- CAR-15

- Colt 9mm

- Uzi SMG (silenced)

- Ruger 10/22 .22 cal. “Hush Puppy†rifle

- SR-25

- Custom M4 carbine variants (Grenadier/DMR) with various accessories and IDF optics such as the Mepro-21.

Armor:

- Merkava Mk4 MBT (driver rear view camera/smoke screen, commander has a 60mm mortar system)

- Merkava Mk3 Baz MBT (driver rear view camera/smoke screen, commander has a 60mm mortar system)

- Namer Heavy APC (commander has a 60mm mortar system)

- Nakpadon Heavy APC (commander has a 60mm mortar system)

- M113 APC

- Vulcan Air defense vehicle (ACE only)

- D-9 Caterpillar armored bulldozer

Light Vehicles:

- Humvees (all BI variants)

Aircraft:

- F-16C (CAS, CAP, and Strike variants)

- Mirage III fighter bomber

- C-130 cargo aircraft

- CH-53 Yas’ur heavy lift assault helicopter

- AH-1S Cobra gunship

- AH-64 Apache Gunship

- UH-60 Blackhawk

- UH-1 Huey

Within this pack I have also included a folder with ACE config files. This gives the IDF infantry LOTS of extra nice goodies for much more realistic tactical gameplay.

Installation:

To install, simply unzip everything into your main ArmA2 folder. You will also need the @CBA_CO addon (included in pack) pasted into your main ArmA2 folder as well.

Then using notepad create a desktop link to the mod as you would any other mod folder. I personally use a .bat file as a desktop link which you can create using notepad. Open up a new empty notepad file and paste something like this into it:

Example:

@echo off

echo Starting: c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

echo From: c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2

echo With params: -noSplash -World=empty -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Miles Teg <GD>" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA_CO;@LoBo_Mod"

cd /D "c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2"

"c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -World=empty -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Miles Teg <GD>" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA_CO;@LoBo_Mod"

You then modify the notepad file suffix from .txt to .bat and then copy and paste it onto your desktop. You will of course have to modify the above file paths to that used by your computer. It will be very different for example if you use STEAM or installed your ArmA2OA game in another directory.

If you're using the ACE configs the .bat file would look something like this:

Example:

@echo off

echo Starting: c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

echo From: c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2

echo With params: -noSplash -World=empty -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Miles Teg <GD>" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA_CO;@ACE;@ACEX; @ACEX_USNavy;@LoBo_Mod;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE"

cd /D "c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2"

"c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -World=empty -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Miles Teg <GD>" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA_CO;@ACE;@ACEX; @ACEX_USNavy;@LoBo_Mod;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE"

The included mission files you can place into the missions folder in your main ArmA2 directory. These two missions essentially have every unit in this IDF mod.

To get the mod ACE compatible, you simply copy and paste the pbo files from the included “ACEConfigs†folder and overwrite the relevant PBO files inside the “LoBo_Mod†folder.

For ACE you also need these mod folders present in your main ArmA2 directory: @CBA_CO, @ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_USNavy, @JayArma2Lib, and @ACRE

Remember the CBA folder is included with this pack. The rest can be downloaded below:

Required addons (ONLY needed if you use the ACE configs) downloadlinks at bottom of the page!

As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.

When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.

Included required files:

-@CBA_CO

Known issues:

1. A few vehicles lack damage textures.

2. CH-53 hovers just over ground when disembarking troops.

3. passengers inside CH-53 can not be killed by small arms fire through openings.

4. Some of the F-16 weapon loadouts are a bit wonky on the external view (they don't match what you see on your aircraft's interior weapons loud out in terms of the number of bombs/missiles). It's fixable but I ran out of time.

5. Uzi (silenced) icon doesn't show up in inventory once you pick it up. It might have to do with it using pistol ammo but configured as a rifle.

Notes:

I hope you guys enjoy the mod and once again, I apologize for the very long wait.

-Miles Teg<GD> Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Credits & Thanks:

Infantry:

Model- Hayal (ephod vest, knee pads), BIS (arms, legs, inner torso, face), and Jewish Freak (pistol holster). Vest, knee pads and body models heavily modified and optimized to ArmA2 by Contrails.

Uniform extures- Contrails with pilot helmet textures edited by Miles Teg<GD>).

Helmet model and textures by contrails.

"Mitz'nefet" (clown hat) model and textures by Contrails.

cpp.config- Miles Teg<GD> & Contrails.

Infantry weapons:

M4's- Original model and textures: BIS, modified by Jewish Freak.

Car-15- Hayal.

Colt 9mm SMG- Hayal.

Meprolight 21 Sight- Jewish Freak, Textures: Hayal.

SR-25 and M82A1 sniper rifles by King Homer.

Ruger 10/22- Converted from an ancient original Counter Strike mod converted by Calm Terror.

Negev- Model: Jewish Freak. Textures: Calm Terror.

Tavor- Model by TheLama. Textures by drhubbler. Marksman & M203 models modified from original by Miles Teg<GD>.

Glock-17- Model: Drill Sergeant. Textures: Jewish Freak.

Sig P226 & P228 by Jackal 326.

Mossberg 590 “shorty†by Pathfinder, but modified by Miles Teg<GD>. Config by Miles Teg<GD>

Most of the weapons were modified and in some cases fixed up by Miles Teg<GD> and Jewish Freak.

Armor:

Merkava Mk3 and Mk4:

Models by Angel Moore. Textures by Namman2.

Mk3 textures and model heavily edited by Miles Teg<GD> and Contrails. Config work by Gooncorps, Zzez, Vking, Namman2, and Miles Teg<GD>.

Special thanks to Gooncorps for his amazing scripting skills.

Mk4 model was modified slightly by Namman2 and Miles Teg<GD> with config work based off of the Mk3 but updated by Miles Teg<GD>

Namer, Nakpadon, Puma, and Achzarit models are by Jake Morag.

All texture work is by Namman2, with Some model modifications on Mk3, Mk4, Nakpadon, Puma and Namer also by Namman2 and Miles Teg<GD> Config work by Namman2, Miles Teg<GD> with scripting by Gooncorps.

M113 reskin by Someguywho.

Vulcan M113 by ACE, reskin by Someguywho for Vulcan/M113, config modified by ZZEZ/Miles/Vking.

Cars:

Humvees reskin by Yaxxo, config modified by ZZEZ/VKing/Miles.

Aircraft:

Mirage IIIC- Model by Footmunch, Config & Textures by Footmunch & EddieD.

F-16C- Model by Footmunch. Textures and ArmA2 conversions by EddieD and Myke.

BI AH-64, UH-1, & UH-60 Reskins by Yaxxo.

BI C130 reskin by Someguywho. Config modified by ZZEZ, Miles Teg<GD>, and VKing.

CH-53 by SFC ITZAK modified (door guns added) by Miles Teg<GD> with help from WLD427.

AH-1S Cobra- Model, sounds, and interior textures by BOH mod, external textures by Calm Terror. Conversion to ArmA2 and rvmats by Miles Teg<GD>

All BI aircraft reskins were by Yaxxo (except for C130 which has reskins by Someguywho), config modified by ZZEZ/Miles/VKing

My apologies if I left anyone out or got any of the credits mixed up. If I did let me know and I will add or fix it ASAP.

Changelog:

v1.0

- first public release

For use with TS3 (for realistic radio communications):

- ACRE

Only required when you use the ACE config:

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Extra

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - USNavy

arma2oa_2012-12-13_17-46-25-17_4.jpg

arma2oa_2013-11-09_20-08-58-98_4.jpg

arma2oa_2012-12-13_16-26-52-22_4.jpg

arma2oa_2012-06-26_23-04-12-31_4.jpg

Congratulations on finally getting the release out!

Now on to ArmA 3 porting, hopefully before ArmA 4 is out :P

Sorry to bump this, but I'm having trouble with the infantry while using the ACE configs, they crash the game to desktop while loading in editor but work just fine without the configs and the only other mod I had enabled was JSRS. Vehicles however work just fine.

Also tried it without JSRS activated and it still crashed.

Are you starting this mod also with these mod folders as well?: @CBA_CO, @ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_USNavy

You need those in your game startup link. Now if you have those, its possible that you may have an old version perhaps? That's something I've been worried about as I update my ACE stuff via six-updater which may have changed things around from the downloadable version on Armaholics. If that's the case, I can only suggest using SIX Updater to upgrade ACE. It's a pain in the ass to use, but once you get accustomed to it, it works fairly well. Speaking of which I need to figure out how to get my mod up on SIX updater.

Yeah I just got it to work, I had to update @CBA_CO on SixUpdate, it didn't listed as needed to be updated because for some reason it was listed as "Incompatible".

Nevermind, it started crashing again. But here is the mods I'm using.

"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@cba_co;@jayarma2lib;@jsrs;@jsrs_ace;@jsrs_acr;acr;baf;pmc;@lobo_mod;@lobo_mod_ace"

Could it because I placed the ACE config files into a separate mod folder and they're conflicting with the normal configs?

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Yeah I just got it to work, I had to update @CBA_CO on SixUpdate, it didn't listed as needed to be updated because for some reason it was listed as "Incompatible".

Could it because I placed the ACE config files into a separate mod folder and they're conflicting with the normal configs?

Yeah...that could be it. You are supposed to overwrite the default LoBo config files with the ACE configs. Most likely that is your issue. Also, by the way, the required CBA folder is included in the mod pack. It's the same one I use with no errors.

---------- Post added at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 ----------

Just to clarify.... I made the default mod completely ArmA2OA BI compatible. No ACE is required. What the ACE configs brings you is a bunch more tactical equipment such as tear gas, gas masks, ear plugs, baclavas, etc..., a new backpack system, a FCS (fire control system) for tanks, and a modified damage system. Aside from that however the default BI system is still fully capable and is tons of fun. I had almost released the pack months ago as ACE only. But based upon complaints, I spent months getting everything to work with stock BI ArmA OA (while also updating the ACE units). So hopefully everything will work for most people.

Edited by Miles Teg

I guess I should ask.... did anybody get the mod to work for them????

Yes perfectly, I overwrite files with the ACE one, lauched it server side with TADST and client side with PlayWithSix, work like a charm, no rpt spamming on either side whatsoever

is there anyway to play this mod with ACE, but without ACRE?

Works fine. After a brief testing I got no errors.

Ah... NOoooo. You should not put the ACE configs in a separate folder. You need to overwrite the old configs (as it says in the install info). Otherwise, yes they will conflict and strange things will happen.

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

is there anyway to play this mod with ACE, but without ACRE?

Yeah, I believe that it should work although you might get an error message pop up that you can just close.

"is there anyway to play this mod with ACE, but without ACRE?"

"Yeah, I believe that it should work although you might get an error message pop up that you can just close" the error message pops up on start-up and when you close it , the game shuts down

this is the error --- include file idi/clients/global/addons/main/script_radio_macro.hpp not found

thanks

Very nice and good mod! I especially like the tank and infantry models.

Can we expect some F2 editor groups anytime? - Would be awesome.

congrats on the release miles the mod is amazing thank u lobo team,miles there is a problem with the armor of the tanks it seems all the tanks get destroyed quickly from one rpg round and one kornet missile,in real life the mk4 or mk3 have very well armour at least to damage it but not to blow up the whole tank hope u can fix this,and will the achzarit and the new hummer that namman2 showed in the pic will they be in an update thanx

"is there anyway to play this mod with ACE, but without ACRE?"

"Yeah, I believe that it should work although you might get an error message pop up that you can just close" the error message pops up on start-up and when you close it , the game shuts down

this is the error --- include file idi/clients/global/addons/main/script_radio_macro.hpp not found

thanks

Are there any solution for this, i don't play with ACRE?

Great to see this finally released. :) Thanks! The Merkava 3 tank with the white stripe on top of the barrel is bright at certain angles. Any clue on what's causing this? Also, the @CBA_CO folder that's included, if I already have that folder, I don't need this one... do I?

hey guys. I have some problems with the mod.

I finish to install the game, arma 2 and oa (not cracked, i buy them) and i try to install the mod.

but when i try to play with is it dosent worked. he tell me that i dont ave all the files of the mod.

it looks like i download mod without all the files..

Are there any solution for this, i don't play with ACRE?

I guess not at the moment until I do an update and make a separate ACE backpack config without ACRE radios in it.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Great to see this finally released. :) Thanks! The Merkava 3 tank with the white stripe on top of the barrel is bright at certain angles. Any clue on what's causing this? Also, the @CBA_CO folder that's included, if I already have that folder, I don't need this one... do I?

No, if you already have that folder, then you shouldn't need it.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

hey guys. I have some problems with the mod.

I finish to install the game, arma 2 and oa (not cracked, i buy them) and i try to install the mod.

but when i try to play with is it dosent worked. he tell me that i dont ave all the files of the mod.

it looks like i download mod without all the files..

Most likely something was not installed correctly. First, make sure that your ArmA2 OA is fully updated to the latest version. Second- Follow instructions very carefully on the install instructions. If English is not your primary language, find someone who can translate it a bit better perhaps. Also, don't worry about the ACE config folder. Ignore that unless you also downloaded and successfully installed the required ACE and ACRE addons.

Hm, I'm getting a few CTDs using certain units with the mod plus ACE compatibility configs.

Dropping the squad marksman with helmet cover crashes with the only error in the RPT:

Warning Message: Bad vehicle type UO_IDF_Backpacks_IDF1BI

Dropping the PRC-117 operator with helmet cover:

Warning Message: Bad vehicle type UO_IDF_Backpacks_MATKALSATBI

Hi, what MAPS are recommended for this MOD?

Doesn't seem we have any Iraqi maps, unless I missed them somewhere.

Thanks!