miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

Recording the voices isn't the problem. It's figuring out all the scripting involved to add in those voices to replace the BI default voices.

You might want to ask the guys who made the VME PLA mod for help, they created Chinese voices, complete with sound files, configs and all.

Sorry guys that I haven't released anything yet. Real life takes precedence. I was just working on the pack this morning.... still tons of problems as such any release will basically be a beta version and full of minor bugs that either I wasn't able to fix or that are going to take a lot longer to fix. I've pretty much given up on converting the stupid backpacks to BI backpacks. Even though they are all in the correct positions on the backpack proxies, in game they are all screwed up and I have no clue as to why. So, the BI versions of the IDF units will unfortunately just have standard BI backpacks and not proper IDF backpacks unless someone helps me figure out what the hell is going on with the backpacks (which work fine in ACE, but when the model is rotated back to the original BI backpack positions, they don't want to show up in the right spots in game). I tried them un-binarized and still same issues. So I'm just going to give the BI configured guys standard BI backpacks and if anyone complains, they are free to download ACE and use the units as they were originally designed to be used (with ACE). Anyways... back to work testing the configs....

Oh...by the way, the Gaza map looks great so far! Keep up the great work on that map!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good decision on the backpacks. BI backpacks will suffice for those not wanting to use ACE. and who knows, maybe someone can play around with them and give you a fix.

FYI, I have been going through all my loaded mods, including your beta, and cleaning up the configs.. let me know if you would like me to send me the IDF ones I've cleaned up. Thanks.

miles will that include the new armour also like the mk4 and nammer and the achazarit and besides the BI backpacks are great also soo far and if plp want to use ace then they will have it like the ones u sent me wich works great also

Thanks Mark. Regarding the configs...hmmm... I've already gone through everything and fixed or adjusted stuff that needed fixing so I should be good for now.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

@Raafatah64: The Mk4 should be in there. But the Nammer and Achzarit, I'm not sure as they still need a lot of work. But I will release them eventually. I just don't want to wait too long to get the main pack released.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have good news... I just couldn't let the backpack issue go so I spent the last several hours trying different things as it was driving me nuts. I finally solved the mystery. It was the geometry model that was screwing things up. I just swapped it out with a BI backpack geometry model and everything now works fine. I know it may seem like a small thing for some people, but it would have driven me crazy not having the proper backpacks on the IDF guys. So I just gotta finish up fixing up the rest of the backpacks tonight and then finally I can move on to fixing the vehicles.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Is there a general list of addons that come in the ArmA 2 OA pack? I only see the ArmA 1 pack #3 list.

miles i was able to put ur ah-1s textures on a newer ah-1s cobra wich looks better iam gonna send u the file to ur mail double check it

Edited by Raafatah64

@Dan: Are you talking about the default BI addons? Or are you talking about my mod? If you're talking about my mod, the only thing we've released so far for ArmA2 is the Gulf War addon pack (with a bunch of U.S., Iraqi, Saudi, and Quatari units).

@Raafatah64: Really? Cool. Who's model is the Ah-1S? If it's a better model, if we can get permission to use it, and if it works well, I'd be happy to use it. Anyways, yeah I'll check it out. Thanks!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hi miles the model is Made by waterhiro rok AH-1S Original modelling is OFP it looked amazing with ur textures on it i spent all night on it yesterday and it worked the only problem it was the V yellow sign if u can put it again on it from the side it will look amazing or if u can remove the 2 pieces covering the intake then it doesnt need fixing hope u liked it miles

miles great news i just spent the last 6 hours retexuring maxpower sexy ah-1s cobra and now its perfect it just needs the star of david on the tail both sides and its ready to fly ill send u the file after i do the final touch on it and take permission from max power to be able to use it in ur addon miles

miles i finished the ah-1s cobra retexturing iam gonna send u the file on ur mail plss let me no when u recieve it

@Dan: Are you talking about the default BI addons? Or are you talking about my mod? If you're talking about my mod, the only thing we've released so far for ArmA2 is the Gulf War addon pack (with a bunch of U.S., Iraqi, Saudi, and Quatari units).

@Raafatah64: Really? Cool. Who's model is the Ah-1S? If it's a better model, if we can get permission to use it, and if it works well, I'd be happy to use it. Anyways, yeah I'll check it out. Thanks!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I am talking about your pack you are working on, I was just wondering what all you have been working on and what all you still need. I know that the Project IDF team have been working on some things as well. I would like to see whats in store for the future and if i can help any...what else you may need.

Also..here is a video of the status on my map...

Looks great so far Dan. The really tough part however will be the urban environments. I would recommend looking at maps like BI's Zargabad map for ideas although the best I've ever seen was the Avgani map made for ArmA1 (but ported over to ArmA2). That one REALLY feels like a typical town in the Middle East (I used to live in Saudi Arabia and I've traveled to Egypt and Bahrain so I know what they look like and feel like in real life). You probably won't be able to simulate the urban areas fully (due to object number limitations) however if you can make some decent sized urban areas that are laid out realistically simulating Palestinian tows, then that is all that is needed. You should contact Namman2 as he actually lives there in Gaza and could give you great input on your map.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

rgr, I will be adding a lot of demolished and damaged buildings as well, As Gaza's infrastructure is very poor, as well as this map being set forth in a future conflict. The urban areas are going to take a while since Rafah is quite big for an ArmA city. It will almost be as urban as the Fallujah map. But with the number of limited objects, I might be using third party addons, such as buildings for it. To give it that more Egyptian/Arab/Palestinian feel.

miles i retextured ur original ah-1s tzefa so u dont have to change anything or take permisions coz the real one is not green its desert brown and its looking more realistic let me no when u want me to send u the file

miles i retextured ur original ah-1s tzefa so u dont have to change anything or take permisions coz the real one is not green its desert brown and its looking more realistic let me no when u want me to send u the file

If you are still tlaking about Max's Ah-1, I don't think it matters what colour you make it, you should still need permission.

schwifty i was talking about miles teg ah-1s cobra read well b4 u comment coz i clearly said i retuxtered his original model wich miles teg have already permission for it wich is the old ofp model

Edited by Raafatah64

miles great news i just spent the last 6 hours retexuring maxpower sexy ah-1s cobra and now its perfect it just needs the star of david on the tail both sides and its ready to fly ill send u the file after i do the final touch on it and take permission from max power to be able to use it in ur addon miles

You probably should have spent at least some of that time asking me for permission to alter my work.

Given our PM conversation, your promise to 'forget it' (which I interpreted meaning you are going to drop that project) and your openness, I will not be taking administrative action against you at this time. Please do not alter peoples' work without permission. If I hear about this happening again, there will be no discussion.

Edited by Max Power

maxpower you know well i didnt do anything wrong ok i didnt post pics i didnt upload any files ok and i sent u the file coz ur the creator of the model thats permission 2 me i just wrote some words about ur ah-1s so take it easy ok it was my 1st time and i didnt no that how things work ok thank you