miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

I also am looking forward to the ACE compatible Lobo Mod. I don't know what all this talk about ACE being problematic is. If you run Six-Updater correctly you shouldn't have any problems.

....and in my opinion any worthy mod HAS to be ACE compatible. The Lobo team is doing an amazing job can't wait to try it out!

Patience guys. I have a lot of real life stuff that takes up most of my time. But don't worry, I'm working on getting both ACE and non-ACE versions working. In addition, as Namman2 finishes up stuff I'll be adding those in if he finishes them before I finish the configs.

Take your time Miles Teg. It seems it will never end... regarding the "ACE" requests. What the problem is people always requesting, "make it ACE compatible", why can't people just be thankful for a new mod. It seems in every new mod that comes out, there's always that request. Miles Teg says he's working on it... leave it at that. When he has an update and the time, he'll make a post.

I hope my post didn't come across as a bugging you for an update. Certainly didn't mean it like that! Just saying it was nice to see LoBo still producing quality stuff since OFP times.

I also am looking forward to the ACE compatible Lobo Mod. I don't know what all this talk about ACE being problematic is. If you run Six-Updater correctly you shouldn't have any problems.

....and in my opinion any worthy mod HAS to be ACE compatible. The Lobo team is doing an amazing job can't wait to try it out!

Not every mod has to be ACE compatible, its hard enough to finish a MOD. I know from my own experience i make the Nogovan Armed Forces Mod, ACE just adds additional complications, its much easier to go the route of no ACE, then add ACE later.

Not every mod has to be ACE compatible, its hard enough to finish a MOD. I know from my own experience i make the Nogovan Armed Forces Mod, ACE just adds additional complications, its much easier to go the route of no ACE, then add ACE later.

of course Miles went ACE to start with, which was quite impressive.

but i agree, going base to start with, and then either adding ACE compatibility, or getting some community assistance in doing it, is my preferred approach.

Well the good news is that I'm almost done sort out the BI configs. The main obstacle was the backpacks and just testing everything to make sure they work. So I'm almost done, but it's just taking a long time because I have a ton of other real-life obligations and other interests. Also on the plus side while I've been reworking the backpacks, I've been also working on the Hezbollah guys as well. So I'll probably be releasing a little Hezballz infantry pack (with a jeep with a 106mm recoiless rifle and a ZPU-4) shortly after I release the IDF stuff. The jeep has a weird error bug (not game-ending but just annoying) and I just have to add some hidden selections on it so as to make it more versatile as the IDF used the same vehicle for many years (up until the late 80's maybe even early 90's).

Awesome, can't wait. The quality on the troops is really good. I've been running your beta-version in my own testing of my mission, and have been putting them to the test. Really no issues at all. So looking forward to when you release them for everyone to see.

Question: will any of the IDF infantry units be wearing mitznefets? Or will they just be pictured with regular helmets like the above picture? Also, after the IDF release do you have any plans to work on other armies (I know you stated the Hamas), but I was wondering for example if you'd be adding units like Jordanians or Syrians like you've done in the past.

As far as I know every soldier (or most soldiers?) already has a "mitsnefet"-wearing variant made.

We have them both with & without the mitznefet & our hezbollah units are almost done. There is a bit of a delay as I've had to go to Boston for a couple of weeks but will be back in a week to finish up the pack & release it. Also if any of the beta testers want to release screenshots or videos, they are free to do so.

hey guys here is some pics i took from my cam coz i dont no how to take pics from inside the game dsc06128y.jpgdsc06127u.jpgdsc06126a.jpgdsc06125io.jpgdsc06122o.jpgdsc06123p.jpgdsc06124b.jpgdsc06129at.jpg

Getting people for you that would voice act shouldn't be a big of a deal. Question is if you actually want to put the effort into adding the sounds to the mod, as I have no idea how much effort it actually requires.

Getting people for you that would voice act shouldn't be a big of a deal. Question is if you actually want to put the effort into adding the sounds to the mod, as I have no idea how much effort it actually requires.

Recording the voices isn't the problem. It's figuring out all the scripting involved to add in those voices to replace the BI default voices.

Eta ?

Such posts are considered spamming and spamming is not allowed on the BI forums.

Infraction +1.