miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

looking sick man good job :)

but are infantry is ready ? more infantry pics plz :) lol

The infantry is ready more or less now. There are still some bugs on some of the weapons (and some that are just space holders until new versions are ready such as the crappy negev MG's that we have right now). But all of the Tavor equipped soldiers are now fully working. The main problem is figuring out if the versions of ACRE and ACE that are on Armaholic are going to work with our current stuff which is using the beta ACE, ACEX, and ACRE stuff that the United Operations server is using. I'm already envisioning a nightmare of dozens of people asking me why their IDF units don't work cuz they didn't install ACRE or ACE and ACEX properly and then demanding that I tell them how to fix it. I know Sickboy offered to help me get a LoBo SIX updater site setup. But that has it's own set of difficulties and challenges as it is far from user friendly and easily confuses noobies. If I have to redo all the configs to a non-ACE setup it would also mean using an entirely different set of backpacks based on the BI system (which means different models as well as for some stupid reason ACE positioned theirs totally different then BI backpacks as far as the raw model in O2 is concerned). Basically it would probably take another few months before I ever got around to finishing a non-ACE, non-ACRE version. So... ugh... With option #1 I'm going to have to back up all my ACE and ACRE related folders and then reinstall just what is available on ArmAholic in order to test them out with the LoBo stuff. If it works, then we're good to go. But if not... then I guess it will only be available via SIX updater assuming we can get that working.... ah crap...but I just realized that it may screw up some of the .dll files that Six updater installed on my computer if I use the manual installer on Armaholic. (Sigh).... this is probably going to get messy and I apologize in advance to the pissed off people who may have to serve as guinea pigs. If anyone does not have ACE or ACRE installed let me know if you'd like to help me test out the pack (as far as what we have working right now). That might save people a lot of grief.

Edited by Miles Teg

I don't run either and I'm pretty good at configs so I can try them with my mission. Trust me if there are some issues I'll find them pretty quickly

Ok, cool. Well let me assemble the pack and stick it up on the FTP. I'll also get all the links for required addons.

Oh, by the way, I was looking at how to set up a SIX updater and it looks like I'd need my own server (I just borrow my bro's FTP site, but I don't think he has control over the server itself). So I may be out of luck there unless someone tech savvy and with a server is willing to host the mod and understands how to setup all the SIX stuff.

But hopefully we won't need to if the download links work with out mod.

---------- Post added at 03:54 ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 ----------

Ok...I got the pack uploading but it's going slow and I'm probably going to fall asleep before it's done. So I'll send you the links and anyone else interested in testing everything tomorrow. Thanks ya'all.

Ok... all the links have been sent out to 4 people so far for beta testing. Hopefully everything works. (Crossing fingers) If everything works (aside from usual small bugs), if any of you who I sent the betas to are good at screenshots, feel free to post those. Also if everything is pretty much working, I will post the links here for everyone to download (and send the info to Armaholic.com for them to put it up there).

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Also I forgot to add that if the pack is working, if ANYONE wants to host the pack on SIX updater (and for multiplayer gaming) please let me know. I'm hoping that perhaps the IDF Clan might maybe be able to find a server with someone who will know how to set everything up on the server.

Ok.. so far after feedback from Raafatah, it looks like it's working with the linked files, but I'm still waiting from feedback from the other beta testers. I also will be fixing the issue with the crew on the Merkava Mk3 (they were soldiers instead of crew so I'm switching them to proper tank crew guys). In addition, I'm removing the AH-1W Cobras as the IDF don't use those in real life and only the AH-1S which is already in the pack. Right now I'm just working credits just to make sure I credit everyone properly.

Also I already know that F-16C has some quircky issues with the weapons and their proxies on the pylons. That will be sorted out on an update hopefully.

some beta testing feedback on the mod.

I had to install all of ACE/ACRE/Jay2ArmaLib and am having some issues.

I have ACE installed but I am getting an error message when loading your troops in my mission saying it cant find CfgWeapons/ACE_Glock17. It finds other weapons. will try to look through your configs to see where that is referenced if you dont know off the top of your head.

Also, ACRE keeps telling me that Jay2ArmaLib is not installed correctly, and in fact the PostInit XEH code is throwing an error to my "showscripterrors". I even downloaded the latest version of Jay2ArmaLib from Armaholic, but still getting that error. Any ideas.

Finally, would you be at all interested in me giving a go at a non-ACE config for you guys. Running my mission with your troops and all of ACE/ACRE running is giving me a significant FPS drop. I can work on it and send it to you. It will definitely give your mod a greater potential at being downloaded. Just let me know.

markb50k i tested the beta mod and it worked smooth with me with no problems at all and i have mostly all mods installed in the same folder where i added the mod i downloaded all the links that miles gave me and i put them all in the same folder and it worked amazing no error messages nothing but i had to remove ace_particles.pbo and ace_cartriges.pbo and ace_particlefx.pbo and ace_muzzleblast.pbo from the folder inorder for the WARFX BLASTCORE to work that was all i did and its working amazing no conflict with other mods and slx mod worked amazing with it also no problems at all.

I would greatly appreciate it if markb50k would be allowed to create a non-ace config, I hope it's considered. I mean no offense to any of the Lost Brothers team, but I doubt I will use the IDF mod much if there is an ACE dependency. Should there be a non-ace config then I will most likely be using it all the time.

Markb50k, if you want to do non-ACE configs that would be great if you want to give it a try. It's a lot of work, but if you want to, then by all means go for it. I'm mainly concerned about the backpacks however as they may need to be reworked heavily model-wise if they are switched back to BI type backpacks. But maybe I'm wrong. At any rate, by all means go for it and what I can do is just pack the configs in separate PBO's with ACE configs in their own folder that users can choose to replace the default ones. Oh...however just be advised that you don't need to remove everything concerning ACE. Many things do not affect the stock BI system and only make the addon ACE compatible but not dependent on ACE. But if you're not sure about that, don't worry about it and I'll fix it later.

Oh by the way. Did you install the ACE Extra pack? If the @ACEX folder is missing, that would be why you are having weapon errors most likely.

But thanks again for the feedback and I really appreciate the help on writing the config for a non-ACE version. Currently I'm trying to get the IAF CH-53 fully working to see if I can squeeze that in before release.

yeah im not removing everything ace related. i know many of the config entries will just be ignored if someone is not running ace, so i'm leaving them be. mostly references to Ace objects etc i'm removing. havent gotten to backpacks, but almost done with everything else. should be interesting...wish me luck

Miles Teg,

done with the configs, sent you a PM with a download link. Working really well without ace or acre. Still needs CBA but most people use that anyway. Sent you details on what i did in the PM. Thanks for an awesome mod, the units are great!

---------- Post added at 07:06 ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 ----------

markb50k i tested the beta mod and it worked smooth with me with no problems at all and i have mostly all mods installed in the same folder where i added the mod i downloaded all the links that miles gave me and i put them all in the same folder and it worked amazing no error messages nothing but i had to remove ace_particles.pbo and ace_cartriges.pbo and ace_particlefx.pbo and ace_muzzleblast.pbo from the folder inorder for the WARFX BLASTCORE to work that was all i did and its working amazing no conflict with other mods and slx mod worked amazing with it also no problems at all.

yeah for such a big mod its very well put together. i'm sure i screwed something up with my downloads for ACE. But with the non-ACE config i just did, should alleviate that problem as well. Definitely recommend everyone to check this mod out.

yea mark its an awsome mode indeed thank u for the configs for non ace mod u did great everyone did great for this lovelyadd on now all we need is the mk4 and the other apc and the hezbollah units and we got ourselfs warld war 3 best mod ever made when its all done thank u lobo team

Yeah, we're rock'n and roll'n on it and getting 'er done. Just be patient and hopefully very shortly I'll have both an ACE and non-ACE version done. Thanks also so much markb50k for getting those configs done and sending them so quickly. I still gotta redo the backpacks, and a fix a few more bugs Mark found, but hopefully it shouldn't take too long.

Also finally, I'd like to make a public apology on behalf of the Lost Brothers Mod to Python.au for using his textures without his permission on our LAV-25 and LAV-25 Command vehicles on our Gulf War Mod Pack. It was not done intentionally, but it was still not excusable and we apologize deeply for the mistake. He has been very kind about the mistake and has generously allowed us to continue using the texture but we will be uploading shortly a revised Gulf War Pack to Armaholic that have appropriate credits. The updated version will also replace the the pack on our FTP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

Miles, if you want someone to test Markb's non-ace config I would be more than happy to do so. Let me know if you'd like any help.

miles the pilot on the tzefa ah-1s cobra need to be adjusted a bit to the back so he can fit good

Thanks guys, I'll let ya all know when I've sorted out all the ACE vs BI config stuff. It will take a few days. But while I'm doing that I'll also check out the Cobra's pilot to see how he's seated. Thanks again.

Damn shame that the mod is going to get only ACE playable. ACE tend to screw up lots of other mods when using it, and it is seldom compatible with everything, and new players got a living hell getting it working, and they loose interest pretty fast. I've seen a few mods that got the ACE config adjustable, fingers crossed this is possible with this Lost Brothers Mod. If not, too bad, a great era of playing Lobo will be over. :icon_frown:

opffever dont worry miles is working on the config files from mark and hope it will work non ace mod if plp want to use it and i already used it with ace mod and i had lots of other mods and didnt do any conflict at all so dont worry its not gonna ruin the lobo addon i had slx mod worked perfect with it i had also cwr mod and the warfx blast mod and mostly all mods in arma2 everything worked fine the mod is amazing and it will work smoothly when its released with the proper links with it

Opffever, miles was very open to a non ace config as you can see in this thread so I wouldn't make a big deal of it. The tone of your post seems a bit demanding. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but it's always a touchy subject when people really push mod makers on an issue that they want and the mod maker doesn't care about.

I can tell you from working on the non ace config it wasn't something that simple to do. Lot of details to pay attention to and not something we should just expect mod makers to do quickly. I volunteered to assist and I think if users of mods would take an active role in assisting mod makers with features that they are asking for, I think all of us would win and get more of what we wish. My two cents.

I was actually happy to hear it was going to be ACE compatible. So few addons are and it was great that someone was going to utilise all those great features. I can't be the only one?

Anyway, glad to hear about the upcoming release Miles Teg and good to see Lost Brothers is still here. How long has that been now? I still have your addon pack for OFP installed. Good times!