miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

more fotos on the mk4 and mk3 (both models were done by ALM Model Works MK3 MK4 , Low poly models , UVMaps by me )

th_ArmA2OA2012-06-2800-09-23-30.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2800-09-43-75.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2800-10-40-89.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2800-12-11-67.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2800-12-39-70.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2800-16-20-19.png

th_ArmA2OA2012-06-2800-11-13-67.png

Small correction Namman, the infantry was re-UV mapped by Contrails. I just wanted to clarify as contrails did a ton of work on the infantry model.

Will we be able to place units as groups?

Instead of placing one unit placing a group of soldiers , armor etc. It will be much more effective and time saving.

The Merkavas are looking great. Can't wait to go into battle with them.:cool:

photos of the Namer Mk2 APC (Model by jake morag)

th_ArmA2OA2012-07-0514-38-02-01.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-07-0514-38-35-76.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-07-0514-38-48-41.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-07-0514-39-28-42.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-07-0514-39-37-99.png

Edited by namman2

Regarding the Hezbollah guys, those will be released in a separate pack. This upcoming pack will an IDF pack only. I should note however that it will REQUIRE the ACE mod pack. Right now I'm still fixing up some final issues with the armor values on the Nakpadon and a few little issues with the F-16.

the old mod required ACE only for some missions.. are you now saying the IDF forces mod will require ACE? Any chance of doing a non-ACE config?

Yeah a future non-ace config would be very welcome I'd think, not that I don't mind using ACE, but for compatibility reasons with other mods it's just been better not to use it. If not I understand, can't please everyone. Either way your work looks great, really really been looking forward to this release :) Keep up the great work!

Unfortunately, there's no chance of a non-ACE version as scripts and features are deeply ingrained with things from the ACE mod that we aren't willing to compromise on. Also most other mods work with ACE working, they just can't use all of the ACE features. The only addons that have serious issues with ACE are those that use anything like Myke's missile box or Mando's scripts for missiles. Otherwise there shouldn't be any serious problems other then people who just hate ACE. Also I should forewarn that some of the vehicles like the Achzarit and Nagmashot will still be in beta stage as I am having a hell of a hard time getting the armor values to work properly in a balanced manner. Hopefully someone who is very experienced with doing tank addons will be able to help. For now however they will still be usable upon release, just not perfected yet.

what infantry units we gonna have ?

Golani, Nahal, Kfir, Para's, Matcal?

For right now, they won't have names. They will just be "Infantry", "Special Forces", "Border Police", and "Naval Commandos". That way it gives mission makers the flexibility to make them into any unit that they want especially since most IDF units basically look exactly the same (with a few exceptions).

I'm abit confused,

in the main page you're saying its a Gulf war mod, featuring Iraq Saudi Arabia US and such, but in the last pages you're showing some IDF MBTs.

could you Edit the main page to clarify it for me? how do they relate, whats their Stand, etc?

thank you very much.

The LoBo mod always had the IDF in it. The Gulf War stuff was just a side project/release from Miles and his crew, I believe. That's why this thread is the Lost Brothers thread and not specifically the Gulf War Mod. But reading the front I can definitely understand the confusion about the IDF stuff. :)

the Lobo mod is about the middle east in general , we have Egyptians , Syrians , Jordanians , Israelis , Palestinians , Iraqi etc present and past weapons , it's big mod and we do what we can to keep it alive with help from the community :)

miles will the magach 7c will be included also in the pack and namman will the merkava 4 be in the addonn coz it looks amazing in the pics and looks its almost done

yes we are working as hard as we can to finish the merkava mk4 and the namer to get them in the pack with no bugs , as for the magach i believe that will have to wait a bit it was on my plan to do that but the achazrit has the priority now

yea the achazrit is amazing and must have thanx a lot guys all of u for ur hard work we cant wait for the release

any pics of the new idf infantry we would love to see some if possible but if the release is close by then never mind

wow namman thanx looks amazing i really like the weathring on the front of the achazrit good work lobo team its gonna be the best addon when its released