miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

iran mod also is out and updated wich will be perfect for conflict with the idf mod and the takistani forces are soo similar to syrian forces almost same colour of armour and infantry wich will be perfect we just need this mod really soon hope soo

has anyone made SP missions or a campign with this mod?

and are the dev.working on an air section for the blufor force?

thanks

Sorry for necromancy

I have question about your Gulf War mod

Have you in plan add to the Iraq army BMP 1 apc?

Becouse durning Desert Storm Iraq army use a lot of this vehicles :)

Edited by Akab

osterizer8

Welcome to the forums.

Please do not spam addons with requests for news. If they have news, and they want to share it, it will be in their thread. Trust me.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Finally, I got some news. I'm going to be releasing the IDF pack soon that already we have on the United Operations servers where they have helped me fix many of the issues. I was going to redo everything with LoBo tags but decided that, to save time and avoid more bugs and errors, I'm just going to keep the UO tags on them. Right now I'm just trying to add in a few more things and they'll be ready. It will have an infantry pack with regular soldiers, commandos, naval comandos, and border police all armed with the tavor rifles (and variants) aside from MG gunners. We're still missing a good Negev but that will have to wait for an update. Aside from that they will have Humvees, a MH-60, an AH-1 Cobra, a AH-64 Longbow, and a C130.... oh and a Merkava Mk3 Baz tank with a working 60mm mortar system fired by the commander, a working smoke screen exhaust system activated by the driver, and a working rear view camera activated for the driver. The pack is fully ACE compatible and ACRE compatible (it includes custom radios). Anyhoo...I'm going to try and get it released by the end of this week.

Here's a short video of the Merkava Mk3 using it's smoke screen done by one of my friends at UO that helped with the scripting on the tank:

Chris G.

Miles-Teg<GD>

slow but on going development

The merkava mk4

th_mks.jpg

th_mkda.pngth_mkg.png

Edited by namman2

There's a slight delay in the release...it may take a few more days but I've been working like mad to fix a few odd bugs on the Nakpadon APC. There are major bugs on the IDF F-16 and Achzarit so those will be added later on in an update. Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know in case you thought I forgot. I'm working very hard to get this pack out there as soon as possible.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great news MilesTags and all the LoBo group.

One suggestion the tank commanders in the MBT Merkava should have the option to capture, which means he look on a target click it and the turret will align with the target's bearing, this is most critical for saving communication time during combat or while doing hull downs.

Great news MilesTags and all the LoBo group.

One suggestion the tank commanders in the MBT Merkava should have the option to capture, which means he look on a target click it and the turret will align with the target's bearing, this is most critical for saving communication time during combat or while doing hull downs.

Perhaps in an update we might look to see if that would be possible or not, but I'm not sure if it is possible to force the turret to move to a specific bearing via scripting and without an AI. You can kinda already do this with AI, but it's not very precise. At any rate, currently priority is on getting far less sexy issues fixed on other important vehicles unfortunately. The more I look at this week, the more it looks like the mod won't get released until next week as Thurs-Sunday I'm going to be working from sunrise to sunset on a film project. :(

Finally, I got some news. I'm going to be releasing the IDF pack soon that already we have on the United Operations servers where they have helped me fix many of the issues. I was going to redo everything with LoBo tags but decided that, to save time and avoid more bugs and errors, I'm just going to keep the UO tags on them. Right now I'm just trying to add in a few more things and they'll be ready. It will have an infantry pack with regular soldiers, commandos, naval comandos, and border police all armed with the tavor rifles (and variants) aside from MG gunners. We're still missing a good Negev but that will have to wait for an update. Aside from that they will have Humvees, a MH-60, an AH-1 Cobra, a AH-64 Longbow, and a C130.... oh and a Merkava Mk3 Baz tank with a working 60mm mortar system fired by the commander, a working smoke screen exhaust system activated by the driver, and a working rear view camera activated for the driver. The pack is fully ACE compatible and ACRE compatible (it includes custom radios). Anyhoo...I'm going to try and get it released by the end of this week.

Here's a short video of the Merkava Mk3 using it's smoke screen done by one of my friends at UO that helped with the scripting on the tank:

Chris G.

Miles-Teg<GD>

Best ArmA2 related news I've heard in awhile. Been wanting this, or if nothing else, the Merkava, since I picked up the game. =)

some more pictures of the merkava mk4(still wip) and the merkava mk3d baz (finished) (sorry for the bad quality my computer cant run arma 2 smoothly :( )

th_ArmA2OA2012-06-2223-08-07-44.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2223-08-16-02.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2223-08-35-20.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2223-08-56-06.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2223-09-05-94.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2223-09-21-06.pngth_ArmA2OA2012-06-2223-09-33-39.png

finally we can see some progress i love it guys great job !!! :)

May I suggest one thing to the LoBO team? The Merkava Mk3 model is not correct in 100%, I mean the gun barrel mainly. The bore evacuator is too far close to the barrel muzzle, while it should be closer to gun mount (gun mantlet) similiar to Merkava Mk4.

In fact MG251 gun (on Mk3) and MG253 (on Mk4) are very similiar, and the same gun model can be used.

Also because my work and hobby involves AFV's I might serve with knowledge about these vehicles armor protection and other informations, if of course someone want to ask about them.

Anyway, great work! :)

Nice work Namman, a critique regarding the MK4 - you seemed to have mixed the side-skirts together, here are the two types:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/MerkavaMk4_ZE001m.jpg

http://www.supervideo.com/MerkavaMkIVcommanderHatch.jpg

AFAIK the last one is the newest.

Another thing to note is that the Merkava 4 chassis sits too high on the tracks, its noticeable in the rear and it needs to go down by about 50%, I made this comparison for you - your screenshot vs real mk4 in a similar angle and roughly the same size:

http://i.imgur.com/OnVYw.png

Great work!!!

I love this mod! The units "IDF" are incredible.

Great work!!!

I love this mod! The units "IDF" are incredible.

im confused. have the IDF (Israelis?) been released yet? Where's the link?

Thanks

im confused. have the IDF (Israelis?) been released yet? Where's the link?

Thanks

Yes and no, they were privately released in the UnitedOperations.net modpack, publicly they are not released yet.

I'm trying to get them released by this week sometime (I know I said last week but I had a film project that took up half the week where I was working from sunrise to sunset). The good news is that I think we got most the main bugs worked out the Nakpadon, I'm going to try and see if I can get a basic version of the F-16's working and then it should be good for a first public release. I just gotta fix an issue with the Maverick missiles and add in the BI flare system and then it should be fine for now.

Here's a pic of the Nakpadon in action. This APC is pretty much done other then the damage textures not working (I may have to include that fix in a later update):

Nakpadon1.jpg

Nakpadon2.jpg

Nakpadon3.jpg

Nakpadon4.jpg

Nakpadon5.jpg

NAKPADON-Takes a lick'n, keeps on tick'n!!!