miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

If one of the Chinese mods would be kind enough to let us use their model/textures, then yeah absolutely we'd love to add it to the Iraqi forces. As you said, this was the main APC used by Iraq during the Gulf War so absolutely it would be very nice to have it in this mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hiya Miles,

Cool looking mod and vid.

Only one gripe though,

Leave the Bunny's alone next time!!!..lol

Hmmm, Maybe i might make an armed bunny's mod..

lol

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven
Payback...

Hey miles,

I know it almost useless to you, but I am fairly decent at texturing, and can help you with that, plus with audio files.

If you plan to have a campaign to go along with it, i can do arabic voices for you, or arabic radio chatter or music, backround noise, etc.

I can also do signs, and help you correct the lingual mistakes. I dont mean to insult anyone, but most of the arabic is either backwards, in mirror image, or simply google translated...

I have and can use photoshop and i am fairly good at editing sound files to make them sound like they are in almost any environment wether over a loudspeaker, on radio, or even inside a tank, so if you need anything like that, i can help. I suck at scripting though, so the textures will be sent as BMPs, TGAs or PNGs.

Hope i can help

That would be awesome as we do have a few textures that could use some updating, although our main problem is UVmapping. By any chance do you know how to UV map models? We have alot of OFP based models that need some fresh UV mapping for optimum performance as currently they use like 50 different textures rather then 2 or three main textures. However, certainly some good Arab voices would be good. We actually do already have a Hebrew and Arab voice pack although it could be updated with more standard Saudi Arabic and perhaps better recording quality. I also would like to do some things like add some Arabic voices in our Arab tanks for firing/loading/targetting commands. I'll see if I can come up with a list of phrases that we need recorded or maybe you might have some ideas of things you'd like to hear.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

YW531C would be awesome if it was implemented, I saw those burnt out around the border town of Khafji, while I´m at it for the Lobo team, are we talking months, weeks or days with this new release?

And another quick one, will the 2nd Saudi Arabian National Guard Brigade get battle taxis themselves such as the M113A2s? That would help a lot when it comes to larger troop movements.

Many Thanks in Advance

Been slowly working on stuff. As of now, the pack will not require ACE as well as that was the only way I could get the backpacks working properly for some reason. We also now have the tanks in the pack set up to be ACE compatible as well. OUr main problem is getting the suspension working on the Merkava Mk4 and the Achzarit APC. There is also a bizarre problem where the armor on the Achzarit is invincible...the crew die after some big hits, but the tank doesn't get dammaged. Very wierd issue with the Fire Geometry that has me stumped...but I'll probably just rip the fire geometry from the Merkava and modify it... and then see if that fixes the problem. On the infantry the only work needed is a wee bit of work on some of the M4's that aren't being held quite right so I just gotta fix the animation on them. But other then that, the infantry are good to go.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Gday Sir!

Nice to hear that you're still working on the mod, but does it mean that it will require ACE in the future? :(

Oh and one more question, if I my memory is correct you did a 'Taliban' addon for Arma, with pickups that could carry quite a lot of people. Any chance you could convert them to Arma2? (I mean the pickups, since it's a bit annoying that these vehicles can only carry 2 dudes in vanilla)

thanks for all the wonderfull addons that LoBo has given us since OFP :)

UPDATE:

This is the link for you guys to check out how the new version of the Desert Storm/Gulf War mod:

This should be the final version of the mod and shall be released soon!!

@FLv*VeNoM* you can load taki locals in pick ups to ride and sit on sides of pickups ive used them its the pkm pickup group units and use in cargo and they sit on tail gate and sides of pickup looks cool and also use 2 up taki locals on motorbikes the old type not the offroad's looks cool 2

@miles looks great mate also have you done anything with the lobo taliban pack as no one has yet brought out some local taliban fighters fedien taliban and the insurgent taliban for any afghan maps yet if your not my offer is still there to port them and update them as they would look cool on my Sangin map its the only thing that's missing as there is the ANA and ANP out which are very good but no taliban to fight.

Looks good !

We wil see m113 pack in the Gulf War mod 2.0 ?

Hello again!

@SmokeDog: Thanks for the tipp, yeah it looks nice, but that pickup then can carry a total of 3 guys, I was thinking more of a "two dozen dudes riding on the back of the car" thingie (hope you understand what I mean :D )

@LoBo team: I can't say 'thank you' enough for making a Gulf War pack! And knowing that it is a pain in the A$$ to get the models to look like they should, I would like to make a few suggestions:

1. the body armor on the US troops looks not so good, maybe you can get in touch with Vilas, as he made some veery nice US soldiers for P85.

2. The M1 Abrams: Maybe you could use Matecks M1 as it looks better than the BI one (in my opinion at least) and he also released the Mlods for them.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into making these addons!

Nevermind sorry I missed it above, I see that you guys have your Vehicles running with the ACE damage/penetration system, that is great news!.

Very very excited now.

Edited by TristanYockell

cant wait for the idf mod ... just get the infantry out lol :D and the merk ... just get it all out lol :)

Have some temporary IDF infantry and aircraft reskins... but I just want that Merkava above all else. Love those gorgeous Israeli tanks...

Should design some female soldiers for the IDF troops you're making too! Since they are pretty common, and are given all of the same roles male troops are.

UPDATE:

This is the link for you guys to check out how the new version of the Desert Storm/Gulf War mod:

This should be the final version of the mod and shall be released soon!!

Some pretty good content shown in the video, I'm looking forward to the release.

I've long longed for a classname list for the unique weaponry used in this amazing mod.

miles can u post some screen shots of the infantry or some armour and how are things going we miss the idf in arma2 hope everything is going on well cant wait for this addone

If you guys need any photos for the Egyptian army including weapons,fighters,attack helicopters and etc.. I am more than willing to help!

Note: Dont know if you started working on the arab-Israeli conflict but Egyptian AKM (MISR and Maadi) has a wooden grip in front of the Magazine to help reduce the recoil OR M203 attached to it...Yes I know what I am saying..M203!

Downloading right now.

Hmmmm I see from a screenshot on armaholic that there's an Iraqi AK with a front grip, but the soldier isn't holding the front grip :)