Sign in to follow this  
pipscouse

Is There a Way to Lock Movement Keys?

As titled. We've all been on those long, long tabs from spawn to target; got shot in the face by a bush a thousand metres away, and started all over again. I know some peeps resort to weighing down the W key while going off to grab a beer etc. I am using a Logitech G15 keyboard and wondered if anyone knew a way of locking the W key? I tried the G15 forum but answers involving scripting were too complicated for me and my understanding is that you can't do it with a macro. I am really not good at techie stuff so if you have any advice please keep it simple. Many thanks

Fishing weight :p

Quick and easy to use, compatible with any key and no processing overhead

*Oh the memories. Often during those long tabs i also weighted the key and then went to map view to explore...only to find after a few minutes my unit was stuck behind a bush or rock :d

Sorry also G15/G13 user but don't know if that is possible. I agree (although it is part of the game) a 'lock' feature would be nice.

2 other options,

use voice command and program it to hold the key (with dwvac)

use joystick throttle, works also very good.

I made my own weight from cutting and filing a metal dowel during my apprenticeship. Never did find where it got to...

Post in suggestions that at least "forward" should be a key that can be toggled.. I've wondered the same thing. Sometimes I switch fingers so that I don't tire out my index finger.

Alternately even in MP it would be nice if you could let the AI take over for awhile. Command yourself "move there". Maybe in MP the AI could be prevented from firing so it's not an aimbot, would just take cover, etc., so that it's only really useful for trekking across the map. The moment you pressed ANY key you would take over from the AI.

Edited by Polar Bear

Hi, what i do is to insert a bended paper piece between the forward key or run key and the keyboard's top cover; it made the long runs with the ArmA 1 less painfull during the campaign and during some Evo missions too. Let's C ya

Thanks guys. Glad it's not just me. Wouldn't it be such a simple, yet useful thing for devs to incorporate? Amazed none have done it. Will put it in suggestions - as suggested :-)

Either get a weight, or, if you've got the money, buy a keyboard with cruise control like the sidewinder x6. It has a button were you can simply lock the key you're pressing.

If you run the game through Steam, hold W while bringing up the overlay. Once the overlay is up you can release W and close the overlay and you will be running without pressing anything.

If you run the game through Steam, hold W while bringing up the overlay. Once the overlay is up you can release W and close the overlay and you will be running without pressing anything.

Now there's a hack and a half... but... useful! Thanks.

I am sure you can lock a key on the G15, I have done it a while back with HAWX while using a head mouse app for free lock. Can't for the life of me remember how though.

EDIT, in the dropdown list for the G key you will find repeat option, under that there is a toggle function. All you then do is toggle the chosen key on or off.

Needed a bit of fiddling as W key double pressed = sprint, but got there in the end. Thanks again Liquidpinky

I tried the G15 forum but answers involving scripting were too complicated for me and my understanding is that you can't do it with a macro.

You can. Use the software logitech provides you with. its super easy, no scripts necessary.

What do you mean Psycho78?

He means if your playing sp-you can speed up time x4 with the '+' key!

He means if your playing sp-you can speed up time x4 with the '+' key!

Ah right. Thanks