Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

How about nuclear reactors in every city.

thats abit unrealistic ;)

How about nuclear reactors in every city.

Obvious troll detected - no more reply-spam people. Stay on topic please, kthxbai.

Re. reactors: can't you make place for the 2nd core?(I know terrain modifying is a PITA to do, but it would be worth the extra bit of realism and immersion(IMHO))

EDIT: just now noticed that NPP is placed on a mountain. NPPs need a water source for cooling purposes(you can always make a lake or something)

Edited by Bars91

Re. reactors: can't you make place for the 2nd core?(I know terrain modifying is a PITA to do, but it would be worth the extra bit of realism and immersion(IMHO))

EDIT: just now noticed that NPP is placed on a mountain. NPPs need a water source for cooling purposes(you can always make a lake or something)

Untitled.jpg

There is a water source right beside the plant. The plant layout is based on that of NPP Temelín in Southern Czech Republic, which is also a 2 reactor plant because it is based on the Soviet VVER 1000/320 design. I don't know I will see if I can fit a second reactor in to the plant somehow, I’ll just squeeze an extra chimney on the building.

i think you should also include a medium - large military base very close to the nuclear power plant or within it's complex since it's the only nuclear reactor on taviana and the government would probaly not leave it defenceless. also watchtowers around the perimeter will make sense as well.

i think you should also include a medium - large military base very close to the nuclear power plant or within it's complex since it's the only nuclear reactor on taviana and the government would probaly not leave it defenceless. also watchtowers around the perimeter will make sense as well.

Well, I sure wouldn't want to live within the NNP's complex as a soldier, because I might start glowing in the dark after a while :D It is a Communist island but sometimes people over do it by thinking that there where army bases and watch towers on everything. I don’t think it will be necessary to have watch towers or a large base beside the plant because, who would attack a nuclear power plant? The goal of any invader is to capture the land and use it, not damage a NPP and contaminate everything, and even kill himself. Plant security will deal with any trespasser or incident and the army can be called in from bases nearby if needed.

Well, I sure wouldn't want to live within the NNP's complex as a soldier, because I might start glowing in the dark after a while :D It is a Communist island but sometimes people over do it by thinking that there where army bases and watch towers on everything. I don’t think it will be necessary to have watch towers or a large base beside the plant because, who would attack a nuclear power plant? The goal of any invader is to capture the land and use it, not damage a NPP and contaminate everything, and even kill himself. Plant security will deal with any trespasser or incident and the army can be called in from bases nearby if needed.

still, maybe resistance movements or terrorists will try to take it or blow it up, so a medium base nearby will make sense. even some outposts near the complex.

Remember, there was no such thing as extremists or terrorists in the USSR. *wink wink

Also if I am not wrong, NPP security had AKS74Us just like militia, no?

still, maybe resistance movements or terrorists will try to take it or blow it up, so a medium base nearby will make sense. even some outposts near the complex.

Blowing it up would still defeat the whole purpose of fighting against the invader if you're the Resistance, but there is a base just up the road North of the complex, no worries :wink_o:

Remember, there was no such thing as extremists or terrorists in the USSR. *wink wink

Also if I am not wrong, NPP security had AKS74Us just like militia, no?

You should say "terrorists®" so you don't get sued by the white house lol.

I don't know what NPP security used/use because I don't know anyone that works there, but I know they definitely have AK's. I would assume they are something kind of between armed police and special forces. Feel free to correct me if anyone here knows more about this than me. :o

Edited by -Martin-

thats abit unrealistic ;)

at least two countries was worked on Nuke-powered heat and water-supply underhouse-sized station.

cheap, maintainable[zero], efficient and compact, terrorist-proof.

You should say "terrorists®" so you don't get sued by the white house lol.

True That

Hmm nice collection of words there, pretty sure the Secret Service is currently googling Taviana, Nuclear Plant, White House, terrorists :D

@Martin:

What are your plans for the second island across the big bridge? What will be the main landscape features? Castles, Airport, Mountains?

Edited by derdoe
spelling mistake

@Martin:

What are your plans for the second island across the big bridge? What will be the main landscape features? Castles, Airport, Mountains?

Since my last update (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105530-Taviana-Island-for-ArmA-2!&p=2220546&viewfull=1#post2220546) I’m done with about 65% of the other island, which contains another big airport, nuclear power plant, a relatively large city, race track, a big port, lots of farmland, castles and forests.

However the remaining 35% will have a lot of urban areas and it will take longer to complete everything.

Since the second island contains a lot open flat area, my plan is to use as much of this for farmland, cities and industry. The island also features a second volcano so everything will be overlooked by a huge mountain and hills covered in forests.

There will be no rail network on the second island, but a highway three times longer than the one on the main island will stretch nearly all the way around the island connecting the main cities. The island also has some nice low land around the sea so the south will have a lot of beaches, hotels, and resorts. That’s pretty much all I can tell you now because I almost never work according to a plan, everything is “freestyle “;)

Yeah but your "freestyle" is amazing. Looking really forward to it.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Since my last update (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105530-Taviana-Island-for-ArmA-2!&p=2220546&viewfull=1#post2220546) I’m done with about 65% of the other island, which contains another big airport, nuclear power plant, a relatively large city, race track, a big port, lots of farmland, castles and forests.

However the remaining 35% will have a lot of urban areas and it will take longer to complete everything.

Since the second island contains a lot open flat area, my plan is to use as much of this for farmland, cities and industry. The island also features a second volcano so everything will be overlooked by a huge mountain and hills covered in forests.

There will be no rail network on the second island, but a highway three times longer than the one on the main island will stretch nearly all the way around the island connecting the main cities. The island also has some nice low land around the sea so the south will have a lot of beaches, hotels, and resorts. That’s pretty much all I can tell you now because I almost never work according to a plan, everything is “freestyle “;)

Thanks for detailed answer, i didnt expect that much so you pretty much overshot my expectations answering it :)

Will be great to fly around Taviana and landing there :)

@nettrucker: Thanks :cheers:

Thanks for detailed answer, i didnt expect that much so you pretty much overshot my expectations answering it :)

Will be great to fly around Taviana and landing there :)

Well, what can I say.. I know this is way off topic but I love the community and the people who enjoy and value my work, which wouldn’t be possible without them because they are the driving force behind it. So I take the time to answer and thank everyone as much as time allows me to. As you see I also name towns after people, add things they want and try to make everyone feel that they are part of this project and that their opinion really does matter and is worth writing.

It always upsets me when I write something or see someone else suggest something and the author never replies or kind of just replies with a few words. It kind of makes me feel like I’m irrelevant and the only thing I can do is click download.. And that’s not what a community is about, there is no bond.

So anyway I wish that a lot more people ask me questions, leave suggestions or just say something positive like “thanks†or “niceâ€!

Just so this post isn’t totally off topic, here some progress I’ve made today:

pic1.jpg

The following city is called “Bilgrad na moruâ€, which in Slavic means (Was a castle by the sea).. If you build a city around a castle and you don’t know its name, you just say “Bilgrad na†and then where ever it is.

pic5.jpg

pic2.jpg

Barracks from ArmA 1, too nice not to re-use...

A long time ago I always wanted to build a city protected by big castle walls. But I couldn’t find the spot for it, the spot was finally found!

pic3.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic4.jpg

Catholic Church on the town square. This has always been one of my favourite building since OFP, I don’t know why lol

@nettrucker: Thanks :cheers:

Well, what can I say.. I know this is way off topic but I love the community and the people who enjoy and value my work, which wouldn’t be possible without them because they are the driving force behind it. So I take the time to answer and thank everyone as much as time allows me to. As you see I also name towns after people, add things they want and try to make everyone feel that they are part of this project and that their opinion really does matter and is worth writing.

It always upsets me when I write something or see someone else suggest something and the author never replies or kind of just replies with a few words. It kind of makes me feel like I’m irrelevant and the only thing I can do is click download.. And that’s not what a community is about, there is no bond.

So anyway I wish that a lot more people ask me questions, leave suggestions or just say something positive like “thanks†or “niceâ€!

Thanks again for answering :)

Btw your screenshots above look fantastic, cant wait to drive over the highway/motorway there :)

Heh I thought I removed that model months ago. :butbut: I actually downloaded the Antonov 225 addon and used it as a guide in Visitor to make sure that the two big airports will be able to handle it with room to spare 110%. These are the lengths I go to for your complete satisfaction ladies and gentlemen!

Martin..

Have you got time between last months to address the known 'geometry issues' ?

I can't say nothing more than this island has been made with 'lots of love'

I m patiently waiting for final version ;)

These are the lengths I go to for your complete satisfaction ladies and gentlemen!

And they are appreciated 110%. You sir are all class.

Martin..

Have you got time between last months to address the known 'geometry issues' ?

I can't say nothing more than this island has been made with 'lots of love'

I m patiently waiting for final version ;)

No worries I will address all the issues that I find/ have been reported. Once I release the final version it’s not the end if it, I will continue fixing new bugs and releasing further versions if needed.

Another thing that I can say at this point is, if you think Taviana is cool, my next project will hopefully bring coolness to the next level :biggrin: But I’ve never done anything like it so we will see how it turns out!

And they are appreciated 110%. You sir are all class.

Will it have enough room for the 747 in this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21791192/%40WoP_0.485.7z

Mukcep64 released the next version/WIP of Wings of Peace on his YouTube channel.

Hi commanderjbug,

The Antonov 225 is the biggest aircraft ever built (as far as I know), so if this fits, there is no need to worry about if a 747 or anything else will fit on to the airport :wink_o: