Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

I'm kind of new to ArmA 2, came from OFP... Whats ALICE/How do I make it compatible?:butbut:

ALICE is the ambinet civilian module (it spawns civilians in towns/viliages)

ALICE is the ambinet civilian module (it spawns civilians in towns/viliages)

Sounds cool, it would definitely be a benefit on Taviana because of the large urban areas. Right now I have to finish the pre beta for the people who are gonna help me test performance but after that I will defiantly look in to ALICE.

I can't help you with the ALICE module, but if you would like to get the armory working on Tavania here's some info on how to do that.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armory_configuration

keep up the good work

kind regards

Thanks for the info, I never played around with the armory but if you guys think its worth it I will look in to it as well after I finish the beta for performance testers.

I can help you out with the implementing ALICE thing Martin... I'll PM you later when I get some time to type up a full rundown of what needs done...

*edit* - okay - check your PM... :)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hello everyone!

It’s time for an update, because I haven’t posted anything in the Taviana thread for a while now.

First of all I would like to thank everyone who participated in the performance test, your help is very much appreciated and vital to this projects success.

BETA test results:

The results from the beta testers show that despite the large forests on the island everyone has a decent frame rate on their PC, the lowest frame rate was 25FPS I believe, even with these results I will delete some trees and make bigger gaps between them in the forests to help AI a bit, I might also mix in other trees. All the beta testers liked the island which is very good news and also left me a few suggestions which I will try to add, one of them is a smaller island beside the main one.

The Future of Taviana

I am now working on fixing bugs, unfinished things etc... And I hope to release a public beta of South Taviana for everyone by the end of this month (October 2010).

Some new screenshots:

Here are some new screenshots, both from the country side and the capital city, Sabina.

25328859.th.jpg

The "Freedom Tunnel" which is the first tunnel in any BIS game, runs under the whole Northern part of the capital city Sabina, it is roughly 1.2km long and features a road, 2 rail ways lines and an underground train station as seen in earlier screenshots. (Please don't mind the flying buildings and strange ground textures, this is still WIP)

66686277.th.jpg

Remember those grey apartment blocks from OFP: Resistance? They are back on Taviana, and look great like they did in OFP!

59003762.th.jpg

This is the national museum of Taviana, the model is finished but I still need to convert the textures from OFP (again don't mind the grass, its still WIP).

90920369.th.jpg

A look at Grad KruÅ¡eviÄ (Castle Krushevich), one of the many castles on Taviana.

24333982.th.jpg

A look at Grad KruÅ¡eviÄ from the air.

That's it for now. More info will be posted next week. Until then, Papa bear out.

looking good. but do keep in mind that i don't think it's the first tunnel in arma 2. namalsk has those underground areas. anyway keep up the good work!

I love this island.

And the tunnel...for undergound war! :p

NEW UPDATE:

Hello everyone!

I hope that your all doing well! I'm not doing too bad my self and it's time for the first October update. I apologise for keeping quiet so long and not posting any screen shots but I've been very busy as you will see in the screen shots bellow.

I hope that I will have a public beta ready for download by the end of this month or by the middle of November.

tavi32b.th.jpg

This is the part of the capital city Sabina which was built in the 1950's called "Slovane". I tired to get the atmosphere and look of the buildings as close as I can to similar 1950's era parts of towns in the Czech Republic. All the textures I used for the buildings are BIS textures from Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

tavi33b.th.jpg

One of the factories in the area which is where most of the people who live in that area work.

tavi34b.th.jpg

Just another look at a street.

tavi35b.th.jpg

Anyone up for a game of footie? This is obviously a football field where kids from the area play...

tavi36b.th.jpg

It looks pretty romantic and Eastern European at night, I love the ArmA 2 street lamps, good work BIS!

More screen shots of the tram (streetcar) system in the area and other parts of the city tomorrow!

Please leave your comments, the more you leave the more I will be motivated and finish this earlier and post more screen shots of course.

awesome!! the soccer / football field should have grass though, right? lol

can't wait to see the tram.

Awesome work man! Shaping up to be the best urban map for Arma 2!! Really nice work!

Its just as shame my crappy system prolly won't be able to handle it :(

awesome!! the soccer / football field should have grass though, right? lol

Yeah :biggrin: But then you can't see the lines on the ground, that's why even in ArmA 1 the field are usually on that grey kind of gravel.

I'm interested as to how big the capital city is?

Here is a map of it, some roads are dark yellow/light yellow because I still need to set up named properties for the models so it will be fixed later. And some roads are still missing (not imported from OFP yet) so I drew them in MS Paint lol. almost all the buildings don't show up on the map because I have to edit the models named properties so it looks empty but its full of buildings in game which is why I didn't want to show a map of the city until its done.

mapalj.th.jpg

What do you think?

Its just as shame my crappy system prolly won't be able to handle it

What's your rig, the performance beta testers said it performs very well even on older systems? Mine is:

AMD Phenom x3 (2.10GHz)

2GB 800Mhz RAM

nVidia GTS250 1GB Graphics card)

Windows 7 Ultimate (32Bit)

I get around 30 FPS in the capital city (bearing in mind that most buildings don't have LOD's yet and around 40FPS in the countryside.

No, no Martin it's impossible, it's impossible... the level of detail !

This Island is a very beauty... I can't say in english what I feels.

And I'm waiting for the next beta... :)

Edited by dlang

hi martin

i would be happy to motivate you :)

i dont often look in addons mods discussion but have been trolling through over the last couple of days and this is fantastic work - i am an old Ghost Recon mission maker and this map excites me - return to Georgia and fight some Russians. love the map!

Thanks for the positive comments and motivation guys, the more feedback the better!

Sorry for the slight delay, I had to do a bit of tweaking.

Here are some new screen shots:

tavi1.th.png

Here is a screen shot of the big blocks I made, there is quite a few of them on the outskirts of the capital, I'm having a few texture issues on the windows but that will get sorted out.

tavi2.th.png

Realistic parking slots made using the football field lines. (This is used on every parking lot on the island). BTW, who likes my new Golf hehe?

tavi6.th.png

Another screen shot of the same block.

tavi4.th.png

Finally a few pictures from the promised tram system, this is a tram stop.

tavi5.th.png

Tram rail and stop running in the middle of a dual carriageway trough the city, but more on that later, this is still WIP.

Please leave your comments and feedback!

This is gonna be one awesome map! So much custom content!

Keep it up man! :)

This is gonna be one awesome map! So much custom content!

Keep it up man! :)

300MB of it :biggrin:

The level of detail that Martin is putting into this, this is probably going to be the most realistic Island to date.

Great work and keep it up. And please for the love of Jebus Martin, make back ups. This is too important to loose in a data crash/accidental deletion.

The level of detail that Martin is putting into this, this is probably going to be the most realistic Island to date.

Great work and keep it up. And please for the love of Jebus Martin, make back ups. This is too important to loose in a data crash/accidental deletion.

Totally ok with you.

:yay:

Martin is a very good island maker... :bounce3:

No worries I back up every day, thanks for the good tip :ok:

Martin is a very good island maker...

Is there an ETA for this map or beta coming soon or something? I really wanna see it ingame! :D