Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Martin, If you want to work on the map solely for a community/mod, fair enough man. But I think it's a little unfair to the rest of us.

Personally, the mod I work on (said mod shall remain nameless), uses Taviana as it's map on which we host our server. I've spent a lot of time developing on Taviana, making your map look good, and several members of my community have helped find bugs and we have done a lot to help support you and make Taviana as good and as popular as we can. Taviana is a beautiful map. At the end of the day Martin, the map is yours, we can't tell you what to do with it, but I think the least you could do is release a stable version of Taviana before you stop publicly developing it. I personally have been long awaiting a bug-fixed version of Taviana, and waiting patiently I might add because I know how long fixing things take and what type of other stuff you have on your plate.

Take what I said in, please. Leaving Taviana in the state it is in is not fair to anyone who has helped bug test, or has promoted Taviana by using it. Like I said, it's your map, so the future of it is entirely up to you, but you could atleast release a stable version.

Well, there ya go. Thanks for the update, Martin!

Well, there ya go. Thanks for the update, Martin!

What update and where?:386:

What update and where?:386:

Was thinking the exact same thing. :glare:

Ah, I pretty much do everything through SU, so the update was probably just a late arrival. Carry on.

Hm... May anybody be kind and provide non-SU link?

Upd.: is it available on Playwithsix too?

Edited by Spooky Lynx

The update was just signature related. Otherwise you'll find an official announcement by the mod author first, and often an updated readme, changelog and version. Will probably start adding small update notices at some point to prevent confusion.

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

Hm... May anybody be kind and provide non-SU link?

Upd.: is it available on Playwithsix too?

Yes, everything available on SU is available to PwS.

I hardly understand why Martin isn't posting here anymore.

Neither do i, I thought Martin would at least post to explain the situation and clear the air over the current situation.

The update was just signature related. Otherwise you'll find an official announcement by the mod author first, and often an updated readme, changelog and version. Will probably start adding small update notices at some point to prevent confusion.

actually this is the latest version that the dayz people have been using it even has their billboard signs in it in two of the towns

yay! martin musthave decided to release it! it even has the same licence 1.0 had

actually this is the latest version that the dayz people have been using it even has their billboard signs in it in two of the towns

yay! martin musthave decided to release it! it even has the same licence 1.0 had

As the author of Play withSIX and the manager of the SIX Updater network, I can tell you that that hasn't happened.

The only reason I made a push this morning is because of the amazing dayz mods that don't use existing signatures but resign mods themselves etc.

With the 5 different dayz taviana mods out there, duplication, space and bandwidth is wasted a lot for nothing.

If the taviana on SU is not the right one, then it happened (by accident) months ago already.

Edited by Sickboy

If the taviana on SU is not the right one, then it happened (by accident) months ago already.

you can check yourself:

* launch arma from six updater with @taviana and @taviana_objects

* go into the editor

* drop a player down with "player setPos [15340, 9795, 0]" in the init

* preview

* look directly up

you will see a DAYZLAND sign

repeat the same process with @tavi archive from this thread and you get no sign

the post about the dayz version of the map with these signs is up on the web somewhere but i cbf finding it again

the messed up thing is now people have been using this taviana with all the fixes for months and now you will probably have to put six back to the buggy public versin:(

the messed up thing is now people have been using this taviana with all the fixes for months and now you will probably have to put six back to the buggy public versin:(
Thanks, I see.

What a confusing situation. Back in the day I remember the guys telling me it was an official new version by Martin, not that it was customized for dayzland only :)

Btw all of the files on the SIX Network are publically released, there's no private stuff on there not publically released. But I guess you just meant the difference between the releases (one for everyone, and one for dayzland).

Are there any negative side-effects from using the dayzland version? Aka is there really reason to downgrade it?

how if it was not Martin's done ?

only Taviana that is is Martin's hands job

@Sickboy - Martin is in Origns mod afaik, is it Dayzland mod , i do not know, but Martin is in Origns

Edited by vilas

Thanks, I see.

What a confusing situation. Back in the day I remember the guys telling me it was an official new version by Martin, not that it was customized for dayzland only :)

yeah you are probably thinking back to this:

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/107701-dayz-taviana-new-dayz-map

back then they were using Taviana 1.0 like the rest of us but MrSherenai gtfo if you read that whole thread, then they went to non-public versions

Btw all of the files on the SIX Network are publically released, there's no private stuff on there not publically released.

by public they mean youre free to play dayz on it but theyll mess you up if you do anything else with it

the latest version his this as the only readme:

DONT_USE_WITHOUT_PERMISSION.txt

Warning !

All New Models and custom coding modules in this mod are property of GamersPlatoon Organization Ripthrough/Dynamic Labs Studios.

DayZOrigins is a Free mod of DayZ, However the models used are made for several other projects and require prior authorization from owners before use.

Unauthorized use of the models known as "Survivor Made Vehicles" or other materials without written permission from owners will be subject to legal charges.

Contact us www.DayzOrigins.com

so the issue for you by supporting these other taviana versions is anyone that does a mission/addon based on them is up for some sue-age

course martin could straighten this out with a 5 minute post but hes probably off in some corporate cone of silence

Matin is not at skype right now so i cannot have his answer at moment but i told him several times since week to respond here , i hope today he will find time cause now i am spamming his Skype to do so ;)

Edited by vilas

Martin you seriously need to release a fixed version of Taviana because you have quite simply left tens of developers in the wind, developers that spent a lot of time and effort developing for your map and taking the time to report bugs and make suggestions to help you improve the map. That is really an awful thing to do, leaving them with this version of Taviana that has a magnitude of bugs. You are punishing a lot of good, honest and respectable developers for the actions of a couple of bad ones.

Sickboy,

Not sure if you got my e-mails, but I mentioned the Six Updater/Taviana issue to the CEO of the current rights holder for Taviana and he said he'd get in touch with you directly.

It's all good and stuff.

But what if they don't speak english? :confused:

Well at least we now know that indeed GamersPlatoon got the map and the exclusive rights,good to know Martin didn't gave a flying crap about the devs who made objects for his map or the users who bothered to bug test it for the Dayz people to enjoy.

Well at least we now know that indeed GamersPlatoon got the map and the exclusive rights,good to know Martin didn't gave a flying crap about the devs who made objects for his map or the users who bothered to bug test it for the Dayz people to enjoy.

Great show of his attitude towards the ArmA Modding Community here isn't it... :rolleyes:

Hi guys, I'm falling in love with the Taviana map. Having tried many maps, I have always overseen this one. Tried some DayZ Taviana the other day and dies in Sabina... Well that DayZ map may be a bit different.

Do you know of good single player missions taking place in Taviana? I'd really like to play some SP, preferably infantry, on Taviana. I think Markbk50's Apocalypse will be possible there, but unfortunately that Mission is too FPS intensive.

I'm getting a lot of RPT file errors with this map. Missing configs, .paa files, and that extremely spammy vertex shader error.

A lot of it stems from a large building in the main city on the main island. The building with all the red stars on it, gold inside with all the pictures on the wall. Looking at that will give you about 1mb/minute of RPT errors per person.

There also seems to be a lot of invisible walls around that city preventing access to some streets.

Am i missing anything here? Are we to expect updates/fixes.

Do you need specific RPT errors from me. (just load the map with 1 unit on in that city and run around for 30 seconds and you'll get these errors)

I'm running the SixUpdater version. My unit would LOVE to be able to use this map if there is any sign of a fixed and working version that would be amazing.